Popping the Question

babiepine101

Reaction score
:dance:For all those couples and singles out there, what is your input on the "right" age for a guy to "pop the question"? Is there a "right" age or is it all determined by a person's emotions? Respond if you have any thoughts. :wave:

:dance:For all those couples and singles out there, what is your input on the "right" age for a guy to "pop the question"? Is there a "right" age or is it all determined by a person's emotions? Respond if you have any thoughts. :wave:

all wrong questions. a right question is - "is he/she the one?"

and then the answer to your question is her answer to your question when you pop the question :)

I dunno. There's a quote out there to the effect that all men are worthless until they're at least 30.

Definitely a grain of truth to that...

The "right age" is different for different people, but IMHO, it helps to be finished with one's education, not in debt, well-started in some career, and have had a little experience in life - travel, maybe lived someplace other than one's home-town for a while (could be just going to college someplace else), able to handle living on one's own, have a sense of one's values in life and what sort of life you want to build.

I do think falling in love in an adult way has as much to do with timing as it does with finding the right person. Some people want to find a mate fairly quickly and "grow up together," others want to be a little more mature and have some life experiences while still single before looking to get married. Nothing wrong with either approach; just be sure that your intended is on the same page regarding the desired time-line.

I dunno. There's a quote out there to the effect that all men are worthless until they're at least 30.

Good thing you said "a grain of truth" because it certainly doesn't apply to me.

I would like to see my boys perhaps settling down at age 25-30...All depends upon how they feel (If they feel "ready" to settle down, have a stable job and a little $$ in the bank.)....and are done with playing the field, wanting a family and are mature enuf for it...and of course, have found the "right" girl.

Good thing you said "a grain of truth" because it certainly doesn't apply to me.

I'm sure it doesn't.

It's the kind of thing usually said at least half in jest. The way people are finishing school these days loaded with debt, and then the expectation of trying to pay off that debt, get started on a career, have some experience of living on one's own - well, it's not surprising that a LOT of people are nowhere near ready to settle down while still in their 20's.

Not all, certainly. My nephew, as one example, got married this summer. He is 27, his bride is 25, and they seem to be perfect for each other. I think they're off to a fine start. Of course I'm biased because I think all my nephews are perfect. :lol:

I have a simple advice for all males considering marriage....

RUN!!!

obamabfcat.gif

My five year old already got a proposal from a four year old boy. A little early...but I guess it shows that any age is a good age to pop the question.

I'm thinking like a parent. I'd say right age is anytime after when you graduate from college to being old. OR out of wedlock :nono:!!

Hopefully you been with this person for over a year and still feel strong love with no what if's lingering in your mind.

When you find the right person, you know it and you can't wait to be with them all of the time. Happens at different times for different people IF you're lucky. :wave:

But if you're age 15 at the time - you might want to slow down a bit with that idea. :lol:

The "right age" is different for different people, but IMHO, it helps to be finished with one's education, not in debt, well-started in some career, and have had a little experience in life - travel, maybe lived someplace other than one's home-town for a while (could be just going to college someplace else), able to handle living on one's own, have a sense of one's values in life and what sort of life you want to build.

I do think falling in love in an adult way has as much to do with timing as it does with finding the right person. Some people want to find a mate fairly quickly and "grow up together," others want to be a little more mature and have some life experiences while still single before looking to get married. Nothing wrong with either approach; just be sure that your intended is on the same page regarding the desired time-line.

Amen. Most, not all, most guys under thirty aren't ready to spend the rest of their life with one person. I think between age 18 and 30 is the best times to explore or discover your likes or dislikes. There are even some who still don't and are over 30 but at least for the most part the other set of people hopefully have went through some life learning experiences.

Amen. Most, not all, most guys under thirty aren't ready to spend the rest of their life with one person. I think between age 18 and 30 is the best times to explore or discover your likes or dislikes. There are even some who still don't and are over 30 but at least for the most part the other set of people hopefully have went through some life learning experiences.

I totally agree with that. It's a wonderful stage of life when you can go learn, explore, have adventures, fall in and out of love, do some living on your own and stand on your own two feet.

I'm biased I'm sure because I personally was nowhere near ready for marriage until well after age 30. That might be somewhat unusual but I'm so, so glad that a) I waited for the right one, and b) had done a LOT of stuff before I met him, so kind of had those things out of the way and was more ready to commit to someone.

Different strokes for different folks, of course. Both my sisters married while in their 20s - one at age 22, the other age 25 (that sister met her husband-to-be at first sister's wedding, and married him the following year - how's THAT for romance!), and they have both been happily married for better than 30 years now. When you know, you know - they were both ready, in their individual ways.

I totally agree with that. It's a wonderful stage of life when you can go learn, explore, have adventures, fall in and out of love, do some living on your own and stand on your own two feet.

I'm biased I'm sure because I personally was nowhere near ready for marriage until well after age 30. That might be somewhat unusual but I'm so, so glad that a) I waited for the right one, and b) had done a LOT of stuff before I met him, so kind of had those things out of the way and was more ready to commit to someone.

Different strokes for different folks, of course. Both my sisters married while in their 20s - one at age 22, the other age 25 (that sister met her husband-to-be at first sister's wedding, and married him the following year - how's THAT for romance!), and they have both been happily married for better than 30 years now. When you know, you know - they were both ready, in their individual ways.

When you know you know, but I would out of my mind if I married at 22, but back then if I wanted to, you couldn't tell me anything. Life has so much more things in store. Some people haven't experienced the odd/freaky little things that might be appealing to the eye. It's funny because in my case my likes are totally different from five years ago, and I have a few more years before the big 3-0. Who knows what I may like or dislike? However for the most part I've got it so far. Circumstances have also changed what I fancy. Now that I'm a mom, things are different. I'm more no nonsense and I cut off people even faster.

My five year old already got a proposal from a four year old boy. A little early...but I guess it shows that any age is a good age to pop the question.

My six years old granddaughter already had 2 boyfriends! Oy vey! No proposals yet!
My dad was 50 when he married my mom, she was 25 which old for her time!
They dated for only 2 months and got married!! My dad moved fast when he decided to finally get married. They got married two x, once by a captain of a ship captain in Cuba and by a Rabbi to make mom's parents happy!

Back