• Go with the ideas posted in this thread:

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I don't care one way or another:

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DreamDeaf

Reaction score
I have been getting IMs and PMs from AD members stating that they want to save money to go on the AD Cruise in 2009 - I can understand the reason behind this, as a cruise DOES cost money, and the Caucus may need to be modified a bit...

I was thinking of alternatives as I do not want another high cost Caucus as the last one, where we might get stuck with another large bill - I propose that I ask a hotel that has a restaurant and a swimming pool to block off a number of rooms in Sandusky, Ohio. We would still plan on going to Cedar Point and I thought maybe we could also go to the water park next door, as CP does have two-day tickets, one for the main amusement park and one for the water park.

We could also come up with suggestions of how to spend one day together doing something around Sandusky, or even going into Cleveland for one night, so we could go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame museum or someplace.

That way, I would only have to worry about a block of room, getting the CP tickets, and if requested by all, another hotel in Cleveland and entrance into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame or ... maybe even the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton!!!

I am setting up a poll, so please vote and explain in a post the reasoning behind your vote.

I had feel that we would have a small numbers of group so I think we could have a room for ourselves. We can join for whatever we make plan in Ohio.

What do you think ?

I prefer to keep the AD Caucus for 2008 in Ohio cuz I seriously doubt I would have enough money for the 09 cruise due to doing major rennovations on the house.

I voted drop the Caucus. I would much rather just have an Ohio gathering of those that wanna come and decide what to do when you get here. It doesnt matter if it is Cleveland or Sandusky to me. I will be there to meet you all.

But I do believe arranging a block of hotel rooms could still lose you money. I say for those that wanna come, let them find their own.

And give everyone choices on what they wanna do. If we all wanna stay together, we will.

Im sorry but I feel it is still too much stress to arrange it all for a possible low attendance event.

Aww :( I also prefer to keep the AD Caucus for 2008 in Ohio, I wouldn't even mind seeing a small group of people attending, it doesn't have to be big or pay so much toward it, it's all about having fun and get together again and meeting new faces too... I wouldn't mind camping out behind the hotel if I have to :giggle:

Huh?? :confused:

I didn't even know there was talks about dropping AD Caucus, How come I wasn't even told about this?! This is unbelievable. I feel like I'm the last person that knows about this. I don't understand anything anymore.

We've been planning this and all sudden some talks were being made because of the cruise?? It's unbelievable.

It's the same thing this year some members stated that they were coming to my sister and Roadrunner's wedding and all sudden they changed their mind because they spend so much on a cruise. It's fucked up!! All they care about is their damn self as usual.

Why can't we have just have camping and cedar point? there's so much to do around the camp ground etc...

It has been a while but I used to go camping a lot. Then I"graduated" to back-packing...that is a lot of fun, too, especially because of our mountains here. A friend of mine who taught me "clean" rock climbing and that was great fun, too. But when he decided he was going to technical-climb a frozen waterfall, I said, "Hasta la vista!". Lol

If take cruise in the fall or spring... it will be cheaper.

somewhere $500 for cheap room.

If take cruise in the fall or spring... it will be cheaper.

somewhere $500 for cheap room.

Problem is that I cant take time off from work unless it is a scheduled vacation. I only get 24 hours of personal leave a year.

Mizzou and I had talked about the AD Caucas and the fact that many people were asking questions about the costs, and also I will be having seriously invasive surgery early next spring, which could mean my missing the Caucus.

Thats why I wanted to modify everything, no contract, no money outlay for anything. We could either go camping (that was rejected in an earlier poll) or find an inexpensive hotel with restaurant/swimming pool and request a few rooms put aside for those who wants to go to Ohio for a good time.

Myself, I am hoping to make it to Ohio!

I voted go with the ideas posted in this thread because whatever DD and ADers decide the most is fine with me. I would think that most people would prefer it not to cost alot so that more people would be able to attend. The main point is for us to get together and just have fun, whether it be at camp, hotel, where it will be at, what we will do, etc.

Why can't we have just have camping and cedar point? there's so much to do around the camp ground etc...

Yes exactly, we don't have to do anything fancy or go places that are gonna be expensive. We can go to cedar point on a two-day tickets, one day to ride on those rides, and another day just go swimming.

If hotel is too expensive, we can go camping, It'll be an adventure there's so much to do at camping like going on hikes, catching fish, swimming in a lake or riding in a canoe, toasting marshmallows around the campfire, telling horror stories. There are dozens of ideas that we can do all for less and for fun.

We can work this out somehow, but canceling AllDeaf Caucus is unfair, we had planned this from the start and dropping it is just putting an end to the AllDeaf Caucus. :(

i agree with you cheri seems not fair to everyone if they have been planning so far now

Back