Poll: Moonroof/Sunroof option

Sunroof/Moonroof: Worth the extra money?

• Yes, it is worth the extra money

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No, it is not worth it

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Who cares about sunroofs, give me a Turbo!!!

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

green427

Reaction score
Question mainly for those that have had/currently have a power operated moonroof or sunroof.

Is it worth paying the extra $800-$1200 for it when shopping for a new vehicle?

What did you vote and why?

I voted turbo because there wasnt an option for both! I should say though that $1,200 is aproaching the entire price of many of my cars.

Better all-around experience to be sure. In fact, a moon roof you can completely take out is even better.

I got em for several years and love it. I still have one on my SuperDuty F-250 crew cab. It has dual function, and I love it! My wife wants one on her next vehicle.

Factory installed is best, avoid after-market and after factory installation. Factory has right tools to make it right, over and over and over to the point it becomes too perfect to have any issues.

Most of the vehicles that I get are so old that moonroof would not add much value to the vehicle. Personally, I would love to have a moonroof if I had money to buy a brand new vehicle. If they're used then I would not care. Then again, turbo is better than moonroof.

I hate sunroof. we have sunroofs and I rarely use it.

TCS's Jeep has one sunroof in the front seat roof that opens in various positions, and two fixed moon roofs in the back seat roof. He once had a Dodge Dart with a sunroof.

My Jeep has none. I bought it used, so I didn't have any options with it. It has an overhead console where the sunroof opening would be.

I've owned two convertibles in the past, so I like the open feel of convertibles and sunroofs.

I agree with others that factory installed sunroofs are the better option.

I've voted no, specifically because over here in Western Australia, it gets real hot and the last thing you need is the top of your head baking whilst the Air-Con struggles to cope :)
Having said that, in cooler climes a sunroof is very nice! I used to have a soft-top landrover and it was great in the summer to take the roof off (and the doors, and the windscreen if I felt like it!)

I loved having one. My next vehicle will have one. Right now I don't have one because I got my car as an emergency when my SUV was stolen.

Sucks to have your car stolen! Been there (ten years ago) and damage done, but glad that Cherokee turned out to be champ despite of damages that the thieves had caused. I still have that same Cherokee. LOL

I loved having one. My next vehicle will have one. Right now I don't have one because I got my car as an emergency when my SUV was stolen.

I don't remember how much the option cost, but it's definitely worth it for me. Can tilt it to let interior cool off while parked, improve airflow through vents on days you don't need AC, not as drafty as windows when taking a date somewhere, can use tilt feature when raining.

My eos have moonroof, sunroof, and convertible....all in one- factory installed, no leaks so far. I wouldn't get aftermarket sunroof/moonroof for my next car.

Good resale value. I like sunroof. My Honda Civic have sunroof. Popular in SoCal. Sometime I get frustrated to fix stuck sunroofs on older European cars like BMW. I had my ex 1969 Alfa Romero Spyder convertiable Duetto (boat round tail), used to cruising on PCH road for pleasure...Sold it when bought a house 30 years ago...

I voted yes.

I just got a new pretty blue Ford Edge SEL, and having the moon/sunroof is like the icing on the cake. I pretty much always have it open. Even with just the moon roof part open, it makes the car feel bigger and brighter.

I had one in my Acura Integra which I loved too. They are definitely worth it, if it's something that you like.

Sucks to have your car stolen! Been there (ten years ago) and damage done, but glad that Cherokee turned out to be champ despite of damages that the thieves had caused. I still have that same Cherokee. LOL

Yea, that was 3 years ago and I was a couple thousands dollars away from paying it off. I was so pissed!

So, I got a small used car with low mileage so I can get low monthly payments instead of starting all over with high monthly payments that I had with the SUV.

When I pay off my little car, I will go back to a SUV with a sunroof. I miss having one so much!

Yeah, mine stolen just after a year and a month that I bought it (Yeah 13 months that I had this Cherokee). Mind you, it was right before 4th of July and I have relatives coming over and blah blah... I just can't believe this.

Yes, I was furious and was determined to sell it due to excessive damages, after done fix it we ended up keep it indefinitely.

Yea, that was 3 years ago and I was a couple thousands dollars away from paying it off. I was so pissed!

So, I got a small used car with low mileage so I can get low monthly payments instead of starting all over with high monthly payments that I had with the SUV.

When I pay off my little car, I will go back to a SUV with a sunroof. I miss having one so much!

Back