Police say NFL star Owens tried suicide

I watched the press conference earlier this evening when T.O. and his publicist Kim were there. From what I see, It is obvious that both of them were not appreciated at how the media took it in a different light.

T.O. did mention that he did took the natural supplements along with the painkiller for his hand and that could be possibly why he was incoherent because of course, when you combine it together - it is never to be taken lightly.

Sometime, the media would blow it out of proportion, especially when it comes to the celebrities and tries to exaggerate it too far which I think is not needed to be but that's what they have for when fame comes in.
the meds alone can make anyone incoherent...

I make it a point to believe very little of what the media "SELLS"

Well Here you go again Taylor,,Rush went Doctor to Doctor for Pain Killers.And Get Arrested,,Reggie Lewis Went Doctor to Doctor for clarance to play in the NBA And didnt Get Arrested,Instead GOD punished him and told him youre not playing for the boston celtics.But you got a lot of Angry people at the Doctor who says its ok to play in the NBA under a bad heart.And Doctor didnt get charged for murder instead he got police protection!But Rush gets arrested.

what are the details of eack arrest Steve?
please post some facts to back up your statements.

keyword = details
:deal:

Sometime, the media would blow it out of proportion, especially when it comes to the celebrities and tries to exaggerate it too far which I think is not needed to be but that's what they have for when fame comes in.

Yeah, they can blow it out of proporation with the celebrities. On too many occasions if you ask me. They did it with Mel Gibson, they blew his bigoted remarks out of proportion, yet underemphasized on the fact that he was driving a a high speed while he was drunk as a skunk. Yet he only got charged with a misdemeanor for driving while drunk. He's not even going to jail, only a tame probation from what I know. Yes, it does bother me that Mel Gibson said such things, but it's his actions that disturbed me the most.

It just boggles my mind when I see cases like these. DUI offenses should be a felony, period. Even if nobody got hit. Though this is not in relation to the thread, just to Jolie's.

Taylor, I agree with him on holding journalists and newspapers accountable for knowingly publishing bad information. Myself, I believe this is committed on a daily basis at several media outlets somewhere in the country. It's a shame that they keep getting away with it.

I agree, However it depends on which incident is being passed around on the media that makes it falliable. If a breaking new has came on then it would probably be believeable but when something like this happens, of course you can see it for yourself and to tell yourself if it is valid or not.

Damn straight!

Funny story.... Last year, when I was sick *ahem*, I was on percocet for 8 mos. Depending on how sore I was on a given day, I'd take on average 2-6 pills per day. It really varied depending on the day, and how many dressing changes I had, how long I was out of bed, ect. Anyway, it took a tremendous toll on me to be on that amount of meds for that long of time. While taking it, I didn't realize how much of a toll it took on me. I just knew I hurt, so I took the med. While on it, I thought i functioned. I talked to people. I went about my day. When I finally came off the meds, I realized just how compromised I was while on them. My memory is shit now. I realized that I can't remember about half the things that happened during the time i was sick.

Its funny to have people say to me "I talked to you when..." And, I go.."You did? I don't remember saying THAT!" lol

Anyway, this just illustrates that pain meds affect people in all kinds of ways. Even IF T.O. appeared to be "with it", that doesn't mean he was. In this case, he didn't even appear coherent, so I really don't question his story. I just find it appalling that happy dick reporter would take advantage of it like they did and turn the whole thing into a circus.

Well, I think if is true that he attempted suicide, the medical profession would be obligated to put him on a 3 day hold, something called a 51-50. Since that didn't happen, the suicide attempt is probably bogus.

Listen,Police play favorites sometimes.Just like,,,theyre never gonna arrest a member of their own or give a ticket on one of their own cause a code of honor thing.Cops are like the mafia in many ways they protect each other like family.Cops will never give a ticket to a hollywood celebrity instead they protect them.Cops will never arrest their bosses or give their boss a ticket AKA The Chief, The Mayor,The Governor or the county excutive.If i was the Governor of Maryland and i went 95 MPH on I-95 and Taylor write me a ticket id tell him i serously reconsider what youre doing.And he writes me up anyway Id go to the chief yell and screm at him and then ill tell him to fire taylor.If he refuses then Id fire the chief and tell the sergent to fire taylor and then he refuses ill fire taylors sergent and then id fire taylor.Theyre an old saying ,,DONT CROSS THE BOSS!!!

It was no suicide attempt. TO is so in love with himself and so full of it that it would never occur to him to try.

There are two simple scenarios...

1) The meds didn't agree with him and he had a reaction...thus precipitating crazyness.

2) The painkiller shot wore off and he couldn't handle the pain and tried popping a few to handle it (therefore going off the deep end).

I agree you can't believe very much of the media to get stuff like this straight. Whatever sells is the storyline of the day and if it fudges the truth...so be it.

Listen,Police play favorites sometimes.Just like,,,theyre never gonna arrest a member of their own or give a ticket on one of their own cause a code of honor thing.Cops are like the mafia in many ways they protect each other like family.Cops will never give a ticket to a hollywood celebrity instead they protect them.Cops will never arrest their bosses or give their boss a ticket AKA The Chief, The Mayor,The Governor or the county excutive.If i was the Governor of Maryland and i went 95 MPH on I-95 and Taylor write me a ticket id tell him i serously reconsider what youre doing.And he writes me up anyway Id go to the chief yell and screm at him and then ill tell him to fire taylor.If he refuses then Id fire the chief and tell the sergent to fire taylor and then he refuses ill fire taylors sergent and then id fire taylor.Theyre an old saying ,,DONT CROSS THE BOSS!!!

1. why must you always involve taylor? :roll:
2. there are plenty of cops that have been brought up on curruption charges. even sent to jail

It was no suicide attempt. TO is so in love with himself and so full of it that it would never occur to him to try.

There are two simple scenarios...

1) The meds didn't agree with him and he had a reaction...thus precipitating crazyness.

2) The painkiller shot wore off and he couldn't handle the pain and tried popping a few to handle it (therefore going off the deep end).

I agree you can't believe very much of the media to get stuff like this straight. Whatever sells is the storyline of the day and if it fudges the truth...so be it.
there is a number 3

3) being so zonked out on the pain meds, when time came to take more, too many were taken by accident.

I did that myself :Oops:

First, police been reveal in public right after the incident at the night. Then the story come up clear on the very next day.

I find is hard to believe TO want to kill himself if he make that big bucks and/or not play often that piss him off. Pluzzz.....

there is a number 3

3) being so zonked out on the pain meds, when time came to take more, too many were taken by accident.

I did that myself :Oops:

I've done it as well. Not with pain meds, though. That usually happens with cold pills. I get feeling so rough, and the cold pills make me so loopy, that it becomes hard to figure out when my last dose was. :Oops:

What I don't understand is... why are the cops talking to the press?

They shouldn't be allowed to tell the press what they "suspect" especially when it can destroy somebody's career. Pretty irresponsible of the press and the cops if you ask me.

It's amazing how they are allowed to publish this sort of crap, the press and the blabbermouths just don't have any respect these days.

I wouldn't be too pleased if somebody told the newspaper that I had done something like that when it wasn't true to begin with.
That's the media for you...

If it's a football celebrity, the media will say anything.

it depends how those pain meds came into Rush's possesion. they are a prescribed drug. If the was no script, the drug is illegal. if T.O. had a script the drug is legal.
I have tons of pain meds. with up to date scripts. the police are not beating down my doors....

Of course, we have too many meds and no one take us down.

Taylor is your best friend?

Of course, we have too many meds and no one take us down.

T.O. committed no crime. His only mistake was that he mixed two different meds together, and that caused a reaction. That can happen to anyone. It happened to Anna Nicole's Smith son.

The difference there is, ANS's son DIED, while Terrell didn't.

T.O. is lucky, actually. Mixing meds can be deadly.

I guess if there's a moral to this story it would be this:

First, don't believe everything you see/read in the media. Most of it is bs.

Second, know what you're taking, and how each med will react to the other, and with you. Not having that knowledge can be deadly.

First, police been reveal in public right after the incident at the night. Then the story come up clear on the very next day.

I find is hard to believe TO want to kill himself if he make that big bucks and/or not play often that piss him off. Pluzzz.....

I agree. This was no sucide attempt. As was stated at the press conference, he had 25 million reasons not to kill himself, so why would he?

Back