Please Write Me Asap!

ASLgurl17

Reaction score
Hey! I have a question to ask you guys...interpreters are most likely to ansrew this question..ok.. umm..I am going to school to become an interpretor and tnight i have the opportunity to "shadow" an interpretor in my friends math class. Well I want to know like what I do cuz ive never dne it before. do i just sit and watch the interpretor sign for 2 hours? or can i brng something with to work on WHILE im watching? Like maybe bring some extra homework or something.. What do you think? please tell me cuz my class is in less then 2 hours. THanks guys. Ur the best.

ASLgurl

bring a note pad so u can take notes, cuz doing extra homework w ill make the deafies think ur just doing this to get out of doing something else! just bring a note pad and pencil and take notes cuz u never know u might learn something new :)

javapride said:
bring a note pad so u can take notes, cuz doing extra homework w ill make the deafies think ur just doing this to get out of doing something else! just bring a note pad and pencil and take notes cuz u never know u might learn something new :)

I agree with javapride..... doing homework is not going to teach you anything .... that's just not right... pay attention to the interpreter and you'll learn a few new things.. :D

Well, hopefully this will be a good learning experience for you. Also, hopefully the teacher is very visual which is most important when teaching deaf or hearing math. Being an interpreter I have had some real nightmares terping math simply because you can only do so much with your hands. Now, if you have a teacher that uses visual aids and cues amen. Hopefully the interpreter you are watching will be a good model for you. Look for technical signs and always make mental notes concerning conceptual accuracy. Good luck.

Back