plans to eat at All you can buffets...

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I have known of some people who hardly have any lunch. Maybe even a really small lunch. They want to be really hungry when they go to all you can eat buffet in evening. Heck, some may even skip breakfast!!

Also, would you go eat at like 5 pm or will you wait until after 7 so that you're really hungry and can get your $$ worth if eating late?

So what is your plan?

Bad idea, do you realize how much salt they put in? If you check it out and you will drop your jaw afterwards. Do you have any idea why they put too much salt in there? The real intention to discourage anyone from eating too much, and to retain their profit margin. Salt is cheap, food isn't.

do they do free cholestrole test with all you can eat bar Bad thing eat like that,maybe why america go fat problems

I've not been aware of how much salt they put in those all you can eat buffet food. Yeah, I know a lot of salt is bad for ones health.

I will not eat at buffets anymore after seeing people put their fingers right into the food then taste the food then put their finger in the food a second time. Plus I do not want to use serving spoons that been handle by some kid that just picked their nose or by a person that did not wash their hands after peeing.

We go to The Golden Corral often...and love it .As for the spoons, you can always use a hand sanitizer when you get back to ur table.

We like to go to our favorite buffet on a weekday between 1 and 3 pm, where ther is a cheap price and free drink, since that isn;t the time most people have lunch.

And if you go right when they open, you have a chance to get your food before other people stick their fingers in it:)

And if you go right when they open, you have a chance to get your food before other people stick their fingers in it:)

True...and when it's fresh and hasn't been sitting there all day and drying out....

:barf: Sorry we stopped going buffet few years ago (about 5-6 years ago, that's the last time)... food sucks and way too much salt....bleh!!! I like the desserts but the food? no... I rather home cooked meals because I know how much salt is in there...and healthier!

I think some foods may be unhealthy but it depends on what you choose, when you go, where you go. And I don't care about the salt. I must have a very strange body chemistry, but I am always low on salt. Sometimes I forget that I have this problem and I get this horrible feeling, kind of faint, kind of nauseous, kind of like someone is pulling my head apart from the inside. I'll mention it to a friend who knows me and they'll say "getting enough salt?" And I'm like "oh right." Then I eat a bag of pretzels and feel better. So yeah, bring it on.

Not all the time. Usually I make my own food at home. But once in a while. And I try to avoid people who pretend to vomit, because then it's really hard to enjoy your food.

We go to The Golden Corral often...and love it .As for the spoons, you can always use a hand sanitizer when you get back to ur table.

That is fine if you like to eat bread with hand sanitizer on it! You can't sell me on eating food that a had a lot people hands on it or near it. I was a health aide for 9 years and I have seen the stuff people had under fingernails ! Shit ! And I mean under each nail. There is no way you can convince me to eat at a buffet again. And this not old people , I took care of young people too.

That is fine if you like to eat bread with hand sanitizer on it! You can't sell me on eating food that a had a lot people hands on it or near it. I was a health aide for 9 years and I have seen the stuff people had under fingernails ! Shit ! And I mean under each nail. There is no way you can convince me to eat at a buffet again. And this not old people , I took care of young people too.

Not trying to convince you...as for the hand sanitizer...you can use a napkin to wipe it off...or just go to the bathroom and wash ur hands again....We really don't fathom the germs we eat...even fast food workers, restaurants too....

If a restaurant looks dirty then I don't eat there...if the food is fresh and good, I will. Germs are everywhere...and most restaurants require the workers to use gloves....

The trick to eating lots of germs is to start when you're very young so your immune system can learn to fight them off.

The trick to eating lots of germs is to start when you're very young so your immune system can learn to fight them off.

That's actually what our doctor said when our kids were little. I have asthma and my husband and I both have lots of allergies.

Our doctor thought it's due to growing up in too sterile environment, and wanted our kids exposed to dirt and germs..

It actually seems to have worked as they are much less affected than we are.

Not trying to convince you...as for the hand sanitizer...you can use a napkin to wipe it off...or just go to the bathroom and wash ur hands again....We really don't fathom the germs we eat...even fast food workers, restaurants too....

If a restaurant looks dirty then I don't eat there...if the food is fresh and good, I will. Germs are everywhere...and most restaurants require the workers to use gloves....

Where did I say anything about the restaurant being dirty??? You said this NOT me! I am talking about people going there to eat. People that work at restaurants have to wash their hands and I know there will some that way not do this. But the people that eat at a buffets do NOT have to wash their and that what I talking about. If you want to take the chance of using serving spoons that has e coli on them be my guest. I wore rubber gloves when I gave my clients showers , or sponge baths or clean their finger nails.
We where trained to do this because you just never knows what would be on a person hands.

Wirelessly posted

I rarely eat at buffets, when I do rather go before 5pm .

Back