Pit bulls kill miniature horse donated to cancer-stricken child

Aww poor horse, very beautiful too and I feel so bad for boy who has cancer...I hope they find out who these pitbull dogs belongs to, shame on the owner for allowing these dogs roam around the area..It is also sad that the foundation will not be able to send another horse but I'm glad they're getting calls from the residents who wanted to donate money to buy another horse for this child...

I hope to see a happy ending to this story, please do keep us update, and Thank you for sharing this with us....

Aww poor horse, very beautiful too and I feel so bad for boy who has cancer...I hope they find out who these pitbull dogs belongs to, shame on the owner for allowing these dogs roam around the area..It is also sad that the foundation will not be able to send another horse but I'm glad they're getting calls from the residents who wanted to donate money to buy another horse for this child...

I hope to see a happy ending to this story, please do keep us update, and Thank you for sharing this with us....

Sure I can find the update if there is any and your welcome :)

It is indeed a very sad plight for what took place--the second link provided in the first post: Pit bulls kill miniature horse donated to cancer-stricken child | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle had a response/reply below the article which was written by the brother of the owner of the dogs. Even though, the dogs weren't allowed to roam...greater care could have prevented this tragedy--as the reply stated; "..They broke their collars and they had been missing for 2-3 days(NOT LIKE HE JUST LET'S THEM RUN AROUND)". Also, it goes on to place blame on the pound. Not once was it mentioned about the gruesome attack and regretting what had happened. Just in my opinion, person respondsible (or the 'brother' in this case) will quickly defend themselves and perhaps try to place or shift the blame elsewhere. That is 'one' thing that annoys me very much, if you did something wrong, it does takes guts to admit it....etc., otherwise, it'll just simply spiral out of control to a point of no return.

Here is the response/reply:

"CLG wrote:
I am Curtis Graham My Brother Eddie is the owner of the Pit Bulls that are responsible for the killing of the miniature horse. I just want to get a few things straight, He did not raise them pit bulls to be mean as a matter of fact I raised one of them(The bigger one)until she was almost 1 year old. I did not raise her to be mean either, His other pit bull that was there was not even 8 months old and has never harmed nothing in her short life. Their names were Jade(the oldest)and Scarlet(the young one), and my brother loved them dogs as if they were his own kids. He didnt treat them dogs with nothing but respect and love(they slept in his bed with him). They broke their collars and they had been missing for 2-3 days(NOT LIKE HE JUST LET'S THEM RUN AROUND)and my brother was going crazy looking for them asking people if they had seen them. If the pound did their job properly they would of been able to catch them the first day!"
10/25/2007 2:15:46 PM

~RR

Awww damn it! I am pissed at those pit bulls killed that beautiful horse!

Poor kid got so sick. :( And hope he able to beat the cancer!

Yeah I did read that at another forum! I say nothing and so SAD!!! :(:(:(

Workman said. "It just makes me angry that people allow their dogs to run on the loose."

I agree, It makes me angry as well that owners allowing their dogs to roam on the properties.

I feel bad this had to happened to a horse, never seen a case where a horse is involved. :(

I hope that there gonna be some type of law abjection about owning more than one pit bull per owner, I think one pit bull is enough per owner.

Ohio's law owners are allow to have one pit bull per owner, household.

Thank you RR for pointing this out about the owner of these pitbull dogs, the dogs must have been hungry that day since they have been missing for more than 2 days, so thats explains it, but yet the owner still at fault for not providing tall fence around these dogs, then they wouldn't have broken their collars and escaped....It was brave and nice enough for the owner to step foward and admit that these dogs belongs to him and his brother....

I agree, It makes me angry as well that owners allowing their dogs to roam on the properties.

I feel bad this had to happened to a horse, never seen a case where a horse is involved. :(

I hope that there gonna be some type of law abjection about owning more than one pit bull per owner, I think one pit bull is enough per owner.

Ohio's law owners are allow to have one pit bull per owner, household.
If they allow one pit bull per owner, they might as well allow only one dog per owner and/or one cat per owner. Every dog is at risk of attacking anyone or anything.

Secondly, anyone is to blame. Even though the dogs supposedly escaped without the fault of the owners, one could supposedly blame the owners anyway for not securing the dogs better than before.

The kids parents could also be blamed since they didn't protect the horse better. It's like having a back yard. If you don't want anyone to easily get in, close the gates and put a lock on it. Better yet, put the horse in an appropriate horse shelter instead of a back yard where anyone can get to it.

Then there's the police, the animal control officers, etc... that could be blamed for not doing their part to find the dogs when they escaped.

Anyone could be blamed. All that really matters is that it happened... accept it... and hope for the best.

It was unclear how the dogs entered the property, which is surrounded by a 4 1/2-foot-high fence.

i wonder how the dogs entered teh property??? when its 41/2 foot high??? wow!

so sad to hear that hte horse died to pitbull attacks.. :(

I hope the little boy will get well... despite losing his horse.. :(

Only 4 1/2 feet high?!!! No wonder those dogs can get in. My own dog can jump over that fence!
:(
I feel so bad for that horse.. imagine what she/he has to go through when the pit bulls chump it to death.

If they allow one pit bull per owner, they might as well allow only one dog per owner and/or one cat per owner. Every dog is at risk of attacking anyone or anything..

Pit bulls have bad reputations and more bite cases than any other dogs, so that's why pit bulls are ruled out the number one most aggressive dogs, that's why they made the law in some states that owners are allow to have at least one pitbull per household, per owner.

*shrugs* my dear....
Breath-breaking........ Horse already dead... *rolls my eyes*

so many vary pit bulls are can be dangerous and other friendly pit bulls,
but still owner have take huge responsible for that happening.

Owning pitbulls requires a huge responsibility. That is really sad for this boy. Hope it doesnt bring his spirits down and cause him to regress.

Owning pitbulls requires a huge responsibility. That is really sad for this boy. Hope it doesnt bring his spirits down and cause him to regress.

With the first link supplied in the first post of this thread, it is noted that the foundation ( Make A Wish Foundation ) is unable to purchase another one, however, it was also noted that residents were donating money to get another one. Even though, it won't be the same pet, but at least perhaps it'll keep the boy from regressing. Also, would be nice if there was a number or address of this foundation's location (ofc, there's the internet via search engines such as 'google' to find it... :cool:) provided in hopes others will donate as well. :)

~RR

It is sad.

Around here we have coycotes, and loose dogs (all kind of dogs) come into people's property and kill cows and horses. Even my next door's dog came into our and killed one of our pig. They had to put that dog down after that. I remember the feeling.

Tough lesson for this young boy.

Aww- Geez. I am speechless and that boy is in my prayer and thought.

Poor boy and that poor horse! Let's hope the residents can raise enough money to buy him another one. He need something to make him smile on bad days and such.

I doubt he'll recover from this cancer as it's malignant, which is mostly terminal.

Back