Ping test.

If you want best video quality, you would need line quality at A, which means 90ms or less and zero jitters.

Same applies to Jitter too.

7158915.png

Whoa, even better.

Yes without router do decrease the latency but not much really. I have heard people saying adding router would make it run faster, what a joke!

Anyway, my advise is to select server that is farthest from your home, not within your town. Reason? If your from East coast, and wants to talk with friend of yours or terp at the west coast, you may not get the video quality as you hope for. So, if your from East coast, select the server from west coast, if your from west coast, select the east coast. Middle? Pick that seems farthest from you.

Updated without router:

:D

Whoa, even better.

Yes without router do decrease the latency but not much really. I have heard people saying adding router would make it run faster, what a joke!

Anyway, my advise is to select server that is farthest from your home, not within your town. Reason? If your from East coast, and wants to talk with friend of yours or terp at the west coast, you may not get the video quality as you hope for. So, if your from East coast, select the server from west coast, if your from west coast, select the east coast. Middle? Pick that seems farthest from you.

I tried to pinging to SF, Cal. I got this without router: :hmm:

That sounded right, the farthest, the quality does decrease.

Same goes to wireless, the farthest from access point the weaker it becomes. That is why it is important to test the farthest so you can expect what to get when making a videophone call to other side of country.

Remember, when making any kind of connection within your home area, the less equipments it goes though comparing to the amount the equipments it has to go though when making connection to another side of country. You have proved yourself, by testing it with and without router.

I tried to pinging to SF, Cal. I got this without router: :hmm:

This is while I am downloading, on a wifi through a brick wall that is between my router and my bedroom.

;)

VPing people shows that I am clearer than the VRS interpreters. I lol at that.

This has nothing to do with NIC settings, actually there is no settings on NIC itself except the addressing that is all.

80% of the time it is caused by either poor cable or connections and they are the easiest to replace or fix.

That is horrible response time. You might want to check your NIC settings.

Try Server in New York City, you will likely not be able to get that result.

This is while I am downloading, on a wifi through a brick wall that is between my router and my bedroom.

;)

VPing people shows that I am clearer than the VRS interpreters. I lol at that.

This has nothing to do with NIC settings, actually there is no settings on NIC itself except the addressing that is all.

80% of the time it is caused by either poor cable or connections and they are the easiest to replace or fix.
Sorry dude. I will have to disagree with you. As a network engineer I know that there are specific driver settings that will affect your response time. Obviously there are many factors that can contribute to this problem. Driver settings being one of them.

Back