Piercings and hearing aids

MaryJean

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if I need to take this piercing out in order to get BTE hearing aids? I'm trying to avoid it due to migraine problem because clips that nerve for me. I really like to know if I have any options to keep it or if I need to take it out. Please let me know your opinion

I don't know for sure as I have none. BUT without a photo of you that shows the piercing I don't think anyone can answer this.

Hello

I’m getting a few piercings on my ear this month. I have hearing aid bte. I know a few of them are not possible but there are so many other options

Will let you know !

It depends on the type of molding your behind the hearing aid needs. Some can get away with some simple light ear molds so wait and check out the hearing molds first and see how it goes. I'm sure your audiologist can help you which to get and what's to avoid.

As for me I wear a full ear mold for my behind the ear and I don't think I could wear the tragus, daith, or the conch. Again each ear are different so and molds are different you'll have to see the hearing mold first and see how it goes.

I don't know for sure as I have none. BUT without a photo of you that shows the piercing I don't think anyone can answer this.
I did try and upload a photo but it's not showing up for some reason.

If you want skeleton or full ear than yes. It will put to much pressure on the jewelry. And not fit properly. If you have domes than no. It will be fine.

Daith? I would not wear it because I'd probably itch it like crazy if the weather is too hot. It would be annoying. Hopefully there is a room for it but I highly doubt it.

Back