Phonak Naida

So now I am trying to figure out what to do from an accessory standpoint. Currently I am using the iCOM which I mainly use with my cell phone as a bluetooth and as an audio headphone to connect through cable to the computer, iPOD, and TV. I do not have FM yet but I am asking for this capability now to try out. I was wondering if anyone out here can tell me how well the current smartlink works as compared to the zoomlink or easy link. My audiologist is telling me to go with the zoomlink and iCOM because it is so much easier to use the iCOM for bluetooth devices since it is more automatic. Also she says that the smartlink has no remote control over the naida IX aid. So if anyone has any experiences with these devices I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thank-you in advance

I am using the Smartlink SX with 2 ML10i FM receivers. I seem to have good use for my Smartlink with the cell phone, but have a few issues trying to set it up as a headphone accessory with my PDA, as I would like to use it as a MP3 player too.

The newest Smartlink, the Smartlink+, has newer bluetooth technology (version2.0) and pairs a lot better that the older Smartlink. (wish I had it) It is supposed to be able to set up to MP3 players and other stereo profile devices.

SmartLink+ - Overview | Phonak - life is on

Check this out on the Smartlink+ details: http://www.phonak.com/content/dam/p...97_02_Dynamic_FM_for_adults_and_teenagers.pdf

The pros I like on Smartlink+ versus iCom is the portability. The cons is the cost, which is about $2500+ versus about $300 for the iCom. If you need to have FM for use in meetings, classrooms, etc., then I would use the Smartlink+ for everyday use...

Hope this helps!!

I've been using my phonak naida. it has been working great for me. i'm understanding things a little bit more clearly ever since i got it. I went to my audiologist last tuesday [i think] and got it adjusted, he forgot to turn on the compressor of my hearing aid oops!! :) But i am going to my CI audiologist to get my mapping adjusted as well to make the programmings balanced out so i can hear better. But overall i'm pretty happy right now.

Hi All, it seems this thread has moved far and away from the original posting of below, so I'll drop out as I'm unable to be of help now. I thank everyone for all the information you provided me in my ramp-up to being fitted with a set of IX. From my heart I wish all the very best in your search for the "best solution" for you. “Best” is what will work for you as an individual with all the unique challenges and problems found in the implementations and solutions available at this time. As to the IX, for me and my problems it has turned out to be the very best solution I’ve ever had the opportunity to be helped with. I’m happy to talk with anyone about the IX and my limited 2 months of use, just PM me. Warm regards to all! :wave:

Do we know you? You must have missed the last line of the first post.

The link didn't work, how do I get phonic to adjust my new naiad? My audie may take awhile to get to my needs.
Maybe your aid is in need of a firmware update. When did you get it?
I had a spirited talk with the Phonak rep and told her about some of you having some difficulties.

I just got my aids (Naida V UP) adjusted properly by a Phonak rep today, it's really working nice!!

Maybe you need to send a shout for help to Phonak....I did

here's a link:

Phonak hearing systems - Distributors

Not sure if the link from Canada will reply or not, but I know my rep did get the message.

phonak can't adjust your aid..your audi would have to get a phonak rep to come and help with adjustments and suggestions on how you could maybe make it sound better..but you cannot directly deal with phonak yourself regarding those issues

Okay will wait until few adjustment has been completed, if not successful I'll suggest my audie to get phonic rep involve. In meantime did u read the issue I'm experiencing? (in my post) any suggestion?

Also how is your naida lately?

phonak can't adjust your aid..your audi would have to get a phonak rep to come and help with adjustments and suggestions on how you could maybe make it sound better..but you cannot directly deal with phonak yourself regarding those issues

like everyone else said it's all about getting used to the aid...if your transposition is on (soundrecover) than that definitely takes some getting used to as its shifting different sounds into a different frequency that its not normally heard in so that you can hear it...it took a month or so to get used to it..and a few trips to the audi for adjustments as well..

mine are ok..only complaint is I find it too noisy ...picks up a lot of "static" noise..all the stuff i don't wanna hear..but they're the best for now anyway..eventually i wanna get a CI for one ear but I don't qualify right now

Hiya Alicia...I got a question for you. I am gonna be getting Naida ix up in a week. My insurance sucks ass big time. They wont cover nothing so that means I will be paying for them out of my own pocket. My audi...who is a "big time" audi here in my town, suggested I get 2 aids. Told her that there was no way I can financially afford 2, so we would have to settle on just 1. FYI, I have always worn 1 ha all my life. The only exception was when I was a lil kid wearing those bra type hearing aid..you know..the body bra strap with a box in the middle of your chest with 2 wired molds to your ears? Yeah..long time ago.

Anyways...question....from your personal experience..is wearing 2 VERY beneficial...or do you think you could get by with wearing 1?

I am right now at 90% loss but with my analog hearing aids..I can hear about 55% assisted.

Cheers

Roland aka Dodge Trucker

you should get two hearing aids and get the naida V instead in my opinion
the IX features compared to the V are only bluetooth for the phone which i dunno if you use the phone or not and it has a "zoom" feature but dunno how great that is either..IMHO i'd get two naida V's instead of two naida IX's

So now I am trying to figure out what to do from an accessory standpoint. Currently I am using the iCOM which I mainly use with my cell phone as a bluetooth and as an audio headphone to connect through cable to the computer, iPOD, and TV. I do not have FM yet but I am asking for this capability now to try out. I was wondering if anyone out here can tell me how well the current smartlink works as compared to the zoomlink or easy link. My audiologist is telling me to go with the zoomlink and iCOM because it is so much easier to use the iCOM for bluetooth devices since it is more automatic. Also she says that the smartlink has no remote control over the naida IX aid. So if anyone has any experiences with these devices I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give me.

I have a Smartlink which works well as an fm system and also has bluetooth capability for use with a mobile phone, it also connects through a cable to my computer, IPod etc.

Recently I bought a Nokia LPS 5 bluetooth neckloop, for use with my mobile phone, which utilises the T-coils in my HAs. This works well too and has the advantage of not needing audio shoes on your HAs. I find it more convenient to use with the phone than my Smartlink, there is less interference and clearer sound. Having also bought a bluetooth adaptor, I can now also use the neckloop with my computer, IPod etc. without the need for cables.

Hope that helps!

you should get two hearing aids and get the naida V instead in my opinion
the IX features compared to the V are only bluetooth for the phone which i dunno if you use the phone or not and it has a "zoom" feature but dunno how great that is either..IMHO i'd get two naida V's instead of two naida IX's

Alicia.....I took your advice and I asked my audi to switch to the V before she went ahead and ordered it. I sent an email to her around 630 am...and she was just getting ready to order it..so switched to the V.

Unfortunately still, I dont have the cash to pay for 2 hearing aids since every thing is out of pocket for me. I will just have to settle for one. My color is paladium(?) it's silverish with black on it.

Sorry to dig up this thread but did anyone who bought the Naida V really wish they had got the Naida IX or is the Naida V more then capable

Quick question....

Which model of the Naidas work better for you guys? Do more channels make a difference or is it just harder to find the perfect fitting with more channels?

Also, do the auto programs make a difference or have you guys turned the auto programs off?

I don't even know when mine are coming in... he ordered them tuesday... its the darn earmolds we have to wait for... its torture already...

I don't even know when mine are coming in... he ordered them tuesday... its the darn earmolds we have to wait for... its torture already...
I feel your pain. :lol:
I just had impressions made for new earmolds and I have to wait 3 weeks because my audi will be on vacation the week I would normally go back for them. Hoping the feedback doesn't get worse between now and then.

Back