Phonak Naida V vs Naida B?

Yes you can buy separate bases (docking stations). I have two myself.

You could always buy the Pen from your audiologist but then buy another Pen from eBay to save money.

Since you purchased some of the ebay items, can you field a couple of questions?

When my audiologist set up the Roger, all she seemed to do was attach the Roger 19 Receiver to the Naida B, then pair the Pen to the Receiver, all of which I could have done on my own. There didn't seem to be any programming involved on the HA side, beyond physically mounting the receiver. Does this suggest that I could get a spare Pen or other Roger device on ebay and simply use it without any audiologist intervention? Unlike the ComPilot, there didn't seem to be specific programming/pairing needed.

Are there any caveats about buying used Roger components on ebay that I need to be aware of?

Glad you like the Pen.

I use my Pen for everything, I love it!

Since you purchased some of the ebay items, can you field a couple of questions?

When my audiologist set up the Roger, all she seemed to do was attach the Roger 19 Receiver to the Naida B, then pair the Pen to the Receiver, all of which I could have done on my own. There didn't seem to be any programming involved on the HA side, beyond physically mounting the receiver. Does this suggest that I could get a spare Pen or other Roger device on ebay and simply use it without any audiologist intervention? Unlike the ComPilot, there didn't seem to be specific programming/pairing needed.

Are there any caveats about buying used Roger components on ebay that I need to be aware of?

Yes you can buy more Roger equipment on eBay and it’ll work.

Yes you can buy more Roger equipment on eBay and it’ll work.

Thanks. Sorry to badger you with questions, but you seem to have a good handle on these devices.

So the pen from my audiologist is in my possession on a trial. I like it quite a lot. In the meantime I've ordered a second, used Pen from ebay. Version 1.1 same as the new one, and all accessories. $179.00, far cheaper than new.

So my question is, can I pair two pens independent of one another to my integrated receiver? From the manual it talks about paring a second pen with the first pen to created a network of multiple microphones. But what I'd really like to have is two completely separate pens that I can switch between without too much hassle. Say, one that stays at my office (or home) safely and a different one that I carry around. Is there anything that would prevent me from doing that? Like, having to re-pair pens anytime I wanted to switch between them?

Of course, I could also keep the receiver I got from the Audi and return the pen, keeping the ebay one. Not sure how much money the audi makes off of these but I'd feel a little guilty doing that as they've been so accommodating during this trial. Being able to use both would be ideal.

Thanks. Sorry to badger you with questions, but you seem to have a good handle on these devices.

So the pen from my audiologist is in my possession on a trial. I like it quite a lot. In the meantime I've ordered a second, used Pen from ebay. Version 1.1 same as the new one, and all accessories. $179.00, far cheaper than new.

So my question is, can I pair two pens independent of one another to my integrated receiver? From the manual it talks about paring a second pen with the first pen to created a network of multiple microphones. But what I'd really like to have is two completely separate pens that I can switch between without too much hassle. Say, one that stays at my office (or home) safely and a different one that I carry around. Is there anything that would prevent me from doing that? Like, having to re-pair pens anytime I wanted to switch between them?

Of course, I could also keep the receiver I got from the Audi and return the pen, keeping the ebay one. Not sure how much money the audi makes off of these but I'd feel a little guilty doing that as they've been so accommodating during this trial. Being able to use both would be ideal.

Yes you can pair to each Pen individually.

I’ve got 2 x Pens and I use them individually. I’ve never used them in a network.

BTW. Had my follow-up with the audiologist. The pricing for the Roger stuff was more than I'd anticipated, by about 50% The integrated 19 receiver was $750 (I was thinking more like $400), and the Pen was $1500 (I was thinking $800-$900)! The single Naida B UP was $2995, which is what I expected. As much as I wanted to be fair to the Audi, I couldn't justify $1500 for one pen when I can get them for $175 each on ebay. I kept the receiver (even though $750 seemed stupid) and of course the Naida B UP, but turned the pen back in. I was straight with them on the reason, and they understood, or said they did. Heck, I can buy eight pens for what they were going to charge me for one! I also kept the ComPilot for $250. There are occasions where that would be more convenient that the pen.

The ebay pen that I have works fine, and I'll pick up another one (or 7). I wonder where these come from? The seller(s) seem to have a steady supply so it's not just someone's dead grandma's device. Now, if I could only find a Roger Select on ebay. But those don't seem to exist in that market.

Lol @ “dead grandma’s device”....

I’m happy for you, sounds like you have a plan. I have ReSound Enzos which I adore, but I still read these threads to see what other products are out there.

Last edited:
The Select is new this year which is probably why you’re not finding it on eBay yet.

Crazy price for the Pen! Glad you’re getting use out of your eBay Pen and it works fine.

Picked up my Roger Pen from my audiologist (with the Roger 19 integrated receiver for the Naida B) and I have to say...I really like it so far. Taking phone calls is seamless, and I like being able to connect it to pretty much any sound source...my workstation at the office, the TV at home, my phone on the go, etc. Yeah, the last one is annoying as it requires a cable, but that's not a killer.

But most importantly the mic has been really effective so far. Just laying it on the edge of my desk allowed me to hear the low-talker software developer when he came by my office. I've never heard him speak before. I always just nodded when he said something to me. (Who knows how many things I've promised him that I have no idea about.) But the Roger Pen picked up his voice and allowed a natural conversation. I'm not scheduled to go back to the audiologist to review this stuff for a couple of weeks, but I think the Roger is a winner.

I can't wait to try it in a bar, since I spend half my life there. Not really. But, yeah.

PinballWhiz, have you got an iPhone? Would you be able to tell me if FaceTime works with the Roger Pen Bluetooth? I’ve got an Easy Pen so cant try it.

PinballWhiz, have you got an iPhone? Would you be able to tell me if FaceTime works with the Roger Pen Bluetooth? I’ve got an Easy Pen so cant try it.

I do, and it looks like it does. I don't facetime often, but just tried it. The audio worked via the Pen over Bluetooth just as a normal voice call does.

Now, if only other streaming audio (music/audiobooks) worked with BT without the cable then pen would be perfect.

I do, and it looks like it does. I don't facetime often, but just tried it. The audio worked via the Pen over Bluetooth just as a normal voice call does.

Now, if only other streaming audio (music/audiobooks) worked with BT without the cable then pen would be perfect.

Thanks you’re a star. Now gonna get a Roger Pen off eBay.

Thanks you’re a star. Now gonna get a Roger Pen off eBay.

I bought two, from the same seller in Illinois. Came with everything except the lanyard and the little protective sleeve. I want to say ~$180. If you want a link to that seller, let me know and I’ll look it up when I’m home.

I bought two, from the same seller in Illinois. Came with everything except the lanyard and the little protective sleeve. I want to say ~$180. If you want a link to that seller, let me know and I’ll look it up when I’m home.

I’m in the UK so will try and get a Pen from the UK. Thank you tho. :)

Aarrrgh. So I've already lost the little micro usb to audio jack cable. Is there ANYWHERE to get one of these? It seems impossible to source phonak/Roger accessories from anywhere except an audiologist. And I'm going to hate having to ask my audi to find one for me after I turned around and bought the pen off of ebay. No, I can't find a cable on ebay, and I can't find a "generic" one.

There must be somewhere a consumer can order one of these. :(

Well, they're the reverse of what I need as the audio side needs to be male, but I'd be willing to add another male to male adapter. But, the descriptions (and reviews) of all of those seem to suggest that they're for very specific Android phones and won't work with generic devices. I already purchased a micro-usb to lightning cable for the Pen, but the iphone complains about the cable not being capable of supplying sufficient power to the pen (even though the pen needs no power from the phone.) But the cable does not work.

Bottom line is that I'm suspecting that this is a "special" cable.

I don't think so. I'm sure you can find one if you do research for it.

Another thing, why not contact the seller and see if he has extra?

I don't think so. I'm sure you can find one if you do research for it.

Another thing, why not contact the seller and see if he has extra?

I’ve ordered 4 different ones through Amazon. Not optimistic on any given the reviews. Seems as if these work on a very narrow selection of android phones. 90% of the reviews simply say, “doesn’t work on XXX.”

But I’ll report back in the unlikely event that any of these actually work with the Roger Pen.

Back