phonak maxx 211

lovezebras

Reaction score
what range is this hearing aid for? mild-mod? my friend wants to know

i was just wondering becuase she over exagerates her hearing or lack of and this ha fits a very small range so i wanted people opinion as well....what is 3 pin? are you talking about the add on for the ha for an fm system? If so I have the integrated receivers

i was just wondering becuase she over exagerates her hearing or lack of and this ha fits a very small range so i wanted people opinion as well....what is 3 pin? are you talking about the add on for the ha for an fm system? If so I have the integrated receivers

alicia,

this is just my opinion, but it might not be a bad idea for your friend to get a hearing aid that fits more severe losses than what she has in the event she loses more hearing. when i had moderately-severe loss, i was given bte aids so more amplification could be added if i lost additional hearing (which i did). one of the other nice things about bte's was the fact that i could use an fm system and plug into external devices like portable cd players.

she has bte's....she told me once too that she was offered a CI as well..and that just doesnt make sense to me with the hearing aid she is wearing...

I can say from experience Phonak 411Maxx distorts and I did not like this aid.

Maybe the 211Maxx also does so she thinks she hears worse than she could with a better aid?

she has bte's....she told me once too that she was offered a CI as well..and that just doesnt make sense to me with the hearing aid she is wearing...

what kind of hearing aid is she wearing? if she's only wearing one hearing aid, is she deaf in her other ear? if not, she won't qualify for a ci because as you know, one needs to have bilateral severe-profound loss (or worse).

she wears phonak maxx 211 in both ears but i was lookng at the fitting range for that aid and it doesn't look like even if she was maxing out the aid that she would qualify for a CI

she wears phonak maxx 211 in both ears but i was lookng at the fitting range for that aid and it doesn't look like even if she was maxing out the aid that she would qualify for a CI

What kind of speech comprehension does she have? I can technically hear with my ha, but I can't understand a word anyone says while wearing it. She could have any level of hearing loss but if the comprehension is shot, the ha won't help her with that. I never wore a ha in my implanted ear because speech/sound was so distorted there was no need to shell out money I didn't have..even at moderate/severe loss.

hmm i am not sure her discrimination. She sometimes wears just one ha and seems to be able to understand what i say ok...but then again maybe shes reading lips? she doesn't use an fm system either for school cuz she didnt want one

why does she only wear one hearing aid sometimes and not all of the time or never?

Hey, folks, this topic sucks.

Would you like it if someone accused you of faking how bad/good/whatever your hearing was? I bet that for most, if not all, of us it has happened before and it is not a lovely experience.

Why are we doing it here? Alicia: you've never walked in your friend's shoes and you cannot say from personal experience exactly what she can and cannot hear and what the quality of that sound is. Her experience is not within your own personal realm. So, to be blunt, butt out.

Trying to prove her wrong makes you a pretty poor friend all around, especially when the accusation centers around your (ok, lets admit it folks) sometimes quite excessive fascination with hearing aids.

excuse me but who are you to comment on my friend and what I asked. My friend exagerated EVERYTHING down to the common cold. And where do u get off saying I have an excessive fascination with hearing aids? Where do you get this assumption from? You also DO NOT even know my friend. I've known her for 11 years thank you very much and all I wanted to know was if she actually may qualify or a CI. So excuse me for saying but YOUR post SUCKS. And you are right I can't say what she hears or experiences...but in my experience in knowing her she tries to beat out everyone at EVERYTHING...SO to be BLUNT TO U .... Screw off

ALSO...I never said I wanted to PROVE her wrong...all it was, was a question on the hearing aid she wears..if u dont like what i asked then DON'T reply.

why does she only wear one hearing aid sometimes and not all of the time or never?
and to answer ur question after I was rudely replied to...

I am not sure why she only wears one or sometimes neither. I've never seen her audiogram so I am not positive, but maybe she only has a loss in some frequencies...She has tried on my ha before and said that it sounds a lot like hers and she can hear out of it. Which striked me as odd as i have only a moderate loss and I am no where near the range of qualifiying for a CI or even having that as an option to see if I qualify, that's why I was asking about her hearing aid and such cuz i was curious. Also I am not calling her a liar, who know's her audi (same audi i had before at the childrens hospital) was kind of an idiot so maybe he just was throwing stuff out there and not being clear about things.

and to answer ur question after I was rudely replied to...

I am not sure why she only wears one or sometimes neither. I've never seen her audiogram so I am not positive, but maybe she only has a loss in some frequencies...She has tried on my ha before and said that it sounds a lot like hers and she can hear out of it. Which striked me as odd as i have only a moderate loss and I am no where near the range of qualifiying for a CI or even having that as an option to see if I qualify, that's why I was asking about her hearing aid and such cuz i was curious. Also I am not calling her a liar, who know's her audi (same audi i had before at the childrens hospital) was kind of an idiot so maybe he just was throwing stuff out there and not being clear about things.

it makes sense that she might feel comfortable wearing her aid at certain times and not others -- especially if she is bothered by high frequencies. i know when i started wearing hearing aids at age 15, i was very bothered by high frequencies and it took me awhile to get used to hearing them again.

you're right that her audi probably didn't know the qualifications for getting a ci. most audis don't. even my audi who gave me my first pair of hearing aids told me that with a 90+ dB loss, i *could* qualify for a ci, but didn't know for sure even though she said it was clear from my audiogram that i had very little residual hearing left.

That's what I figured that the audi just didn't know all that much about CI's...This is the same audi that told me I didnt need a hearing aid on my right side when i was borderline and still in school and my grades were clearly suffering due to my hearing loss...

That's what I figured that the audi just didn't know all that much about CI's...This is the same audi that told me I didnt need a hearing aid on my right side when i was borderline and still in school and my grades were clearly suffering due to my hearing loss...

this audi sounds like the one i had who couldn't program my oticon digifocus II super power bte's and said that digitals wouldn't work for me because of my severe-profound hearing loss. funny thing is, he had no idea what he was doing. i bet if i had a different audi, i could have benefitted from those aids.
oh well.

Back