Phonak compilot lights

waywardgirl

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the constant flashing lights on the compilot drive any you guys bonkers, too? It seems there is no way to make them stop and I've tried covering it with card stock and taping it over the lights but I can STILL see it flashing through.

I don't know who designed this thing but I don't many people who want blinking lights in their face at all times but maybe that's just me. At any rate I find myself not using often which is kind of a shame because it does many useful things. Anyone else feel the same?

I was just wondering if the constant flashing lights on the compilot drive any you guys bonkers, too? It seems there is no way to make them stop and I've tried covering it with card stock and taping it over the lights but I can STILL see it flashing through.

I don't know who designed this thing but I don't many people who want blinking lights in their face at all times but maybe that's just me. At any rate I find myself not using often which is kind of a shame because it does many useful things. Anyone else feel the same?

I don't even notice them unless I make it a point to look down at them.

Maybe it's because I'm usually using it in bed at night. Or maybe I just have a huge annoyance with blinking lights. I bought some washi tape to put over it today. I'll see it that helps.

Maybe it's because I'm usually using it in bed at night. Or maybe I just have a huge annoyance with blinking lights. I bought some washi tape to put over it today. I'll see it that helps.

I have never worn mine to bed and don't think I ever will. Both my hearing aid and ComPilot come off as I go to bed.

Sorry, Im new and unsure how to quote on the app. Anyway, I do not wear mine to sleep, of course, but I use it to help me hear the tv and to stream music when I get in bed for the evening to relax. I ended using a small piece if cardboard and covered that with washi tape. It worked great.

yes it's a little annoying, or I'll find myself accidentally pressing the big front button - apparently the audi can disable / customize the button functions but I haven't tried that yet

My biggest problem is that I keep accidentally calling people with it when it's synced to my phone... Even better when it's three in the morning at my grave shift and I have to explain to my friend that my chest felt very inclined to have a conversation with her that early LOL
As for the lights, they haven't bothered me much. But it sounds like your idea works.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

For those annoyed by the flashing lights: To turn the flashing light off on the Compilot, simply lock the buttons by simultaniously pressing the two side buttons (Connect and Home buttons). The red light will flash 3 times. The lights will stop flashing. You can still receive calls with a call by pressing the main front button. To unlock the buttons, simultaneously press the two side buttons (Connect and Home) again. The green light will flash 3 times, the buttons will be unlocked ,and the lights will begin their normal flashing sequence. While locked, you will also receive a low battery notification if the power drops to a point the Compilot needs to be recharged (for at least 3 hours). I hope this post helps those who want to turn off the flashing lights.

For those annoyed by the flashing lights: To turn the flashing light off on the Compilot, simply lock the buttons by simultaniously pressing the two side buttons (Connect and Home buttons). The red light will flash 3 times. The lights will stop flashing. You can still receive calls with a call by pressing the main front button. To unlock the buttons, simultaneously press the two side buttons (Connect and Home) again. The green light will flash 3 times, the buttons will be unlocked ,and the lights will begin their normal flashing sequence. While locked, you will also receive a low battery notification if the power drops to a point the Compilot needs to be recharged (for at least 3 hours). I hope this post helps those who want to turn off the flashing lights.
I never knew that ! I will try it.

Back