Pets with shy personalities

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder how can two pets get along each other while both of them have shyness habits.

My second roomate just moved in my home last monday. Her two months old puppy with shyness habit. Tend to hide under sofa or basement. Not like to be close to people included me and first roomate but the master.

My almost 5 years old cat is pretty shy with everyone but me and first roomate. He won't friend with a stranger till visit my home like more than 3 times or more. Yea, he has shyness habit, also. He hides in upstair and sometime come to main level if neccessary. He can get along with a ferret in the past.

Have a question for y'all. How can two pets get along? Really appericate, thanks!

all i can suggest is give them time to get used to eachother -- it could take a week or longer depending on how they interact little by little

i guess that cat dont around puppy that much and dont usually with puppy so let them take time.. my cat WHOA dont like dog or cat!!! :roll:

All pets need time to get used to strangers. Dusty our cat is really friendly with strangers as long as they pat her, so that might help as well.

Yeah I agree with everyone here, They don't know eachother or strangers yet to trust them. Give it time they would loose it up and come around, when the time is right. ;)

Yeah I agree with everyone above,

Pets are like people, they get shy at first until they know them well enough to feel more comfortable...

Give it some time, soon before you know it, they will be damaging your house... :lol:

Back