People Wanting to Date ….

GadgetJim57

Reaction score
I keep getting people from this forum wanting to hook up with me !!! I am NOT interested in dating, marriage, or one-night-stand … !!! I am 61 years old, poor, sick, tired, weak, cannot even support myself … !!! I have NO money for anyone. I am NOT interested in a relationship … !!! I am here to learn more Sign Language, and practice ASL .....

You can turn off PMs if you choose. You can also limit your PMs to your friends list. That would help tremendously in not getting spam emails here.

I keep getting people from this forum wanting to hook up with me !!! I am NOT interested in dating, marriage, or one-night-stand … !!! I am 61 years old, poor, sick, tired, weak, cannot even support myself … !!! I have NO money for anyone. I am NOT interested in a relationship … !!! I am here to learn more Sign Language, and practice ASL .....

Your not alone, I been getting "hit on" elsewhere as well. While I am OPEN to a relationship I am SICK and TIRED of trying to be cat fished and phished.

However as odd as it may seems I found a way to defer them. I figured that if they are looking for "benefits" then telling them about my difficulties usually does the trick. Failing that it won't be long for me to "sniff them out" soon after those mentions.

Or simply outright ignoring them can do the trick.

I of course block them once discovered but thus far it not been so obvious if they trying to "hit on" or seeking a genuine relationship opportunity. If it was truly that easy I wouldn't been done with them in moments instead of hours or a few days.

I of course block them once discovered but thus far it not been so obvious if they trying to "hit on" or seeking a genuine relationship opportunity. If it was truly that easy I wouldn't been done with them in moments instead of hours or a few days.

But the OP is not looking for a relationship opportunity, as he stated. He’s here to learn and practice ASL. Hence why I said to turn off PMs or ignore them.

If you are looking for a relationship, fine, but that’s not what the OP’s post was about. :dizzy:

But the OP is not looking for a relationship opportunity, as he stated. He’s here to learn and practice ASL. Hence why I said to turn off PMs or ignore them.

If you are looking for a relationship, fine, but that’s not what the OP’s post was about. :dizzy:

I understand now though I just added as I felt it was relevant to the face of being "exploited" like that.

If they want to hook up with someone , they need to go to deaf match or deaf hook ups. Go to the mall? Get acquaintance, get out and see the world. Not on the computer. :D

Sad to see this site become a haven for spammers and love scammers. I mean, 3 posts in 14 hours, and one of those is "roberts" above me. People are posting email addresses and phone numbers, and they stay for days, sometimes weeks.

I don't have any suggestions to resuscitate this site. I poke my head in here occasionally, hoping for a spark. But alas, there is none. I do miss the buzz from the past, when there were hundreds of posts per day. Only a few of the old crew remain, and they tend to guide new users on how to do things "properly".

Some day soon, I will visit for the last time. And I will be sad for what was.

I used to get dhh mainstreamed and oral guys who were desperate for girlfriends. Felt so bad, and kept wishing certain " experts" could actually talk to them instead of gushing about inclusion in all areas from their ivory towers

Sad to see this site become a haven for spammers and love scammers. I mean, 3 posts in 14 hours, and one of those is "roberts" above me. People are posting email addresses and phone numbers, and they stay for days, sometimes weeks.

I don't have any suggestions to resuscitate this site. I poke my head in here occasionally, hoping for a spark. But alas, there is none. I do miss the buzz from the past, when there were hundreds of posts per day. Only a few of the old crew remain, and they tend to guide new users on how to do things "properly".

Some day soon, I will visit for the last time. And I will be sad for what was.

I get messages from people wanting to date all the time. I simply ignore them. They go away. If not, I just tell them the truth … I'm old … handicapped … many health issues … poor … no car … don't own a home ... no money ... I'm happy with my life as is. Plenty to keep me busy with work, family, friends, hanging out .... studying God's Word .....

Back