Pedophile Priests

from what I've seen in churches I've been, in order for someone to show true repentence, they have to openly confess and let others know that they have anproblem AND in order to prove his repentence, he has to do everything he can to make sure nothing like this will happen again. He have to accept his conquences that he can never be around children again. That mean he'll have to avoid churches that have children (there are some churches like that) Or keep far distance from them. If not, then they don't want him in the church if they ever find out about him or he is not truthworthy. Most sin issues are usually a private, personal thing (either to themselves, or if it is bothering them, they can talk to the pastor), but in this case, he have to let the church know about it.

Well actually that is a legal requirement, especially for mandated reporters. The not being around children is also a legal consequence of having molested children. Which is fine and good, but it is punishment. That is not quite the same as treatment.

Well actually that is a legal requirement, especially for mandated reporters. The not being around children is also a legal consequence of having molested children. Which is fine and good, but it is punishment. That is not quite the same as treatment.

They do sometimes get counseling from the pastor if they want it. They can have biblical counseling plus secular/christion counseling outside of church. It's up to them. but that's how they handle someone who is a sex offender and want to come to our church.

They do sometimes get pastoral counseling if they want it. It's up to them. but that's how they handle someone who is a sex offender and want to come to our church.

Gotcha. The Catholic church mandates counseling.

You want souggy to do what Jillio? lol

Not reporting it to the cops is the biggest reason the Catholic Church is in hot water. Instead of dealing with it ........ they just tried to sweep it all under the carpet!

Looks like that worked well for them, eh?

It's a weak arguement .......... but I was told, that the reason we hardly, if ever, hear of this problem in other Western Religions - is the fact that they allow marriage. I say - "WEAK", because only about .00005% at most of the Priests from 1960's to present, are making a stink for the rest of the Priests.

-charles

Not reporting it to the cops is the biggest reason the Catholic Church is in hot water. Instead of dealing with it ........ they just tried to sweep it all under the carpet!

It's a weak arguement .......... but I was told, that the reason we hardly, if ever, hear of this problem in other Western Religions - is the fact that they allow marriage. I say - "WEAK", because only about .00005% at most of the Priests from 1960's to present, are making a stink for the rest of the Priests.

-charles

Hey, it was worth a shot!:lol:

Just to point out the agreement I have with the weakness of that argument...married people commit acts of peophilia, too.

You are making some assumptions that aren't quite true.

Not assumption, experience.

I cannot say what organization I work for for security reasons (pedos will go after those that work for anti-pedo organizations).

We track them and we also use decoys in chat rooms. Nothing more said of what our methods. But we do work along side law enforcements on a daily basis. Most importantly, we work in teams, we do not work alone.

We know that pedos have a 95% chance of re offending after serving time in prison.

A very patient and very careful pedo will have molested over 100 children before they are caught.

Don't need to say about impatient ones, all too obvious.

Like I said, I speak from experience, several years worth. I would not recommend this kind of work for anyone. It takes a very strong person to handle this kind of work. I suppose I am lucky that I can compartmentalize my mental and emotional state.

Yiz

The church covered up the whole mess about pedophie priests and nuns and never reported it to the cops , so the pedophie priests never went to jail! The whole is disgusting , now the Pope is lying about his role in this !

I did see on Date Line a show about men having sex with underage girls , and one guy was a Rabbi .
Jillio asked, "Is it just priests that are pedophiles? What about the pedophile ministers, reverends, and preachers of other religions? Do they have a place where the offenders can go for treatment?"

So I responded only about "the peodphile ministers, reverends, and preachers of other religions." If they get caught, they go to jail. By law, any church staff member (minister, teacher, youth leader, whatever) who is suspected of abusing children must be reported to the police. If the court finds them guilty, they get sent to prison.

-charles

Catholics isn't the only religion that has these problems. The only reason Catholics gets the spotlight more often than other religions is because of the sheer size of the Catholic religion.

The second worse offender is the Jehovah's Witnesses.

silentlambs.org - Welcome

JWs in the past often discourage reporting to the police. They consider this as a "personal matter", like the Vatican has done.

Elders within the JW religion would threat to ex-communicate (disfellowship) their members if they went to the police to report child molestations that has/was conducted by one of their members.

Read up the website, you'll find alot of stories from families and victims themselves.

Catholics isn't the only secluded religion that has problems with predators. It's all forms of religion that gives easy access to children.

But there's also non-religion organizations that predators can go to that also has easy access to children, schools, boys/girls clubs, big brother/sister organizations, camps, etc.

Yiz

Back