PayPal: Trying to activate my "My IP Relay" phone #

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. Last month ago, I've registered my phone number with www.ip-relay.com and when I ask my mom to call me, it worked. But the problem is, I've tried multiple attempts to activate my phone number with PayPal for sending/receiving mobile payments with no success.

Anyone who have PayPal and registered their personal phone number from www.ip-relay.com, do you have any success with that?

To activate your phone number (My IP Relay-based phone number), log into PayPal, go to Profile, and choose Phone. There, enter a new phone number and try to activate your phone with PayPal to show that you have possession of your phone number.

The reason why I wanted to activate the phone number with PayPal is I wanted to be able to send/receive payments via Sidekick II when I order one (or SKIII).

I have not applied that relay service. But, I think that something is not right because I think all telephone bills that you receive from your telephone company. I would never pay outside the telephone service. I am afraid that you might be scammed. I could be wrong, and I prefer to wait what ADers' have to say about your post.

No I'm not expecting a scam from PayPal so I'm not scammed. I have PayPal to call me so I can enter a pin number for Mobile PayPal. With Mobile PayPal, I can send/receive payments from a phone (well, not a phone but from a pager like T-Mobile Sidekick II or Blackberry). Also, I didn't mention phone bills.

Registration is free from http://www.ip-relay.com/myiprelaynumber.html

Would it be a possible for you to ask someone about that instead of yourself - to just to confirm it ?

I am sorry that I do not trust this one. PayPal is fine ...but this one you have may not make a sense.

GraysonPeddie,

You do not need to use PayPal. Your wireless devices can be used for contacting anywhere in U.S. at no extra charges via Internet relay service, such as IP-Relay. Yet, there may be extra charge for using international calls. I think it may have required to do with PayPal. I have not expereinced with that yet.

Maybe I am missing something...care to explain why you need PayPal?

I don't think it will really be a problem if you use your phone number with relay. I have a PayPal account and used a phone number from my dorm room that I never used. They never called me. So, I don't think you need to use that number on your PayPal account. :dunno:

Back