Paying for hearing aids and looking to replace mine

radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
My current ha is 10 year old and starting to have turn on and of problems. I have been trying to figure out a way to cover the cost of ha. So far I have been unsuccessful. I really cannot take a loan out right now. I was told 10 years for a digital ha is to old to be refurbed. As everyone knows, audiologists suggest having them replaced every 5ish years or so. He suggested care credit but again its a loan. I only have blue choice medicare and they don't cover costs of ha, only hearing tests. I thought about switching to united health care but learned that insurance plays dirty and gives you listening devices, not Ha's. I also thought about getting medicaid buy in program but I won't be able to use my favorite audiologist. Does any one have suggestions other then try to save up thousands?

Sent from my Venue8 3840 using AllDeaf App mobile app

If you're working or going to school you could see if rehab will help with the cost of call a Lion Club and see if they'll help you. Did you try looking on line for places that might help you ,

Try to contact V.R. and VR will look into your household income to see if they can cover it. Then you can ask VR to see if they can repair your HA instead of ordering a new HA if you decide.

Last time, my hub was not working, and i was working. VR did help to pay for my hub's HA. That was 9 yrs ago. It never hurt to check with VR????

Try to contact V.R. and VR will look into your household income to see if they can cover it. Then you can ask VR to see if they can repair your HA instead of ordering a new HA if you decide.

Last time, my hub was not working, and i was working. VR did help to pay for my hub's HA. That was 9 yrs ago. It never hurt to check with VR????

Is V R deference than rehab ? b/c I suggested going to rehab.

does anyone know the VR income limit for ha's coverage? lets say in NYS?

I'm going to the VR tomorrow but what brands do they offer. I'm young and like the mini HAs so I can hide them better and I have one that is Bluetooth capable that is good for adjusting depending on my environment.

I'm going to the VR tomorrow but what brands do they offer. I'm young and like the mini HAs so I can hide them better and I have one that is Bluetooth capable that is good for adjusting depending on my environment.

I have no idea how young you mean. if you are under 18 - chances are most insurance will pay for ha's for kids. just not for adults.

If I'm patient the VA will pay for my hearing aid. I'm 25 and I have a service connected injury from the military but I hate missing conversations.

At the Federal level, it was established during WW1 for our soldiers but at the State level, the years vary......

I was trying to see if my state had when I was a little girl , the only help I got from school was speech therapy in grade school and there where 3 other students in the room . It was a real joke , what can you learn in 5 minutes once a week? Each kids only got about 5 minutes of the guy time.

Back