"Pay Attention!, to be quiet when cooking breakfast!"

Booger_Bender

Amara Ambassador
Reaction score
Deaf people are constantly walking on egg shells around hearing people. I just don't understand how one person can tell you "If you pay attention you would be quiet" is that ill conceived or what?

I used to ealk on eggshells around hearing people but no more. Why should I?

I grew up being yelled at for making a single peep. As a kid I was always told that I was stupid because I couldn't be quiet. Sound proofing should be an option.

Last edited:
I am what I am. If a hearing person complains then its though shit for them. Even if they are family.

that why easy live with deaf not hearing ;) you shower late night or early morning, cook, clean, watch tv, yelling, etc they not complain say "SHHHHHHHHH STOP NOISY!!!!" it more freedom live with deaf people. i very lucky i grown up with deaf parent. when they sleep i have party and they not hear!!!! i not very quiet girl, so hard for me with hearing.

Hearing people walk on eggshells around ME. :)

I wouldn't walk on eggshells around Dixie yet. It would drive her bonkers. :giggle:

If you have grown up in the hearing world, as a hearing person, you would know that it is rude to interrupt someone when they are speaking. Deaf and HoH people do this all the time, not out of disrespect, but because they can't hear the break in a conversation. I have problems with this to no end when I am in work meetings and I understand that it can be very frustrating for my coworkers.

There may be a way deaf have learned to detect when there is a break in the conversation, but at this time, I do not know how to detect it.

Certainly, people could be less rude about correcting people on this. In fact, people could be less rude in general, but I don't think we are going to solve that problem any time soon.

If you have grown up in the hearing world, as a hearing person, you would know that it is rude to interrupt someone when they are speaking. Deaf and HoH people do this all the time, not out of disrespect, but because they can't hear the break in a conversation. I have problems with this to no end when I am in work meetings and I understand that it can be very frustrating for my coworkers.

There may be a way deaf have learned to detect when there is a break in the conversation, but at this time, I do not know how to detect it.

Certainly, people could be less rude about correcting people on this. In fact, people could be less rude in general, but I don't think we are going to solve that problem any time soon.

You have deaf coworkers and feel the lack of communication is their problem? Dude...

Dude, I have no deaf coworkers, I'm the only one who is deaf. And, yes, it is my problem.

I always raised my hand slightly and looked around to see if anyone else was talking...my co-workers understood. And if no one else was talking, my boss would look at me and say "go ahead".

Later on, company meetings were a "bore"....so I asked my boss if someone could just take "notes" for me....then later on, asked my boss to please "post the minutes of the meeting" on the bulletin board....so there would be no misunderstandings at all....He did that. And if I had any positive or negative feedback, I would let my boss know. It worked out pretty good for me.

I recommend ESP. It's amazing how useful it can be! once you master this, I recommend taking up Pyrokinesis which is really handy at parties!!! Don't even need the trick candles! :giggle:

I always raised my hand slightly and looked around to see if anyone else was talking...my co-workers understood. And if no one else was talking, my boss would look at me and say "go ahead".

This is good advice. I should raise my hand. Thanks.

I recommend ESP. It's amazing how useful it can be! once you master this, I recommend taking up Pyrokinesis which is really handy at parties!!! Don't even need the trick candles! :giggle:

I have ESP and I did not like having it at time! My mother and brother where taking very quietly in the kitchen and when I waked in they both stop talking.
And I just blunt out that my brother was having a baby! My mother and brother
when shocked as there was no way I could had heard them!

I have ESP and I did not like having it at time! My mother and brother where taking very quietly in the kitchen and when I waked in they both stop talking.
And I just blunt out that my brother was having a baby! My mother and brother
when shocked as there was no way I could had heard them!

Their is a really fine line between ESP and being perceptive.

Deaf people are constantly walking on egg shells around hearing people. I just don't understand how one person can tell you "If you pay attention you would be quiet" is that ill conceived or what?

Be quiet when cooking breakfast? Muha ha ha ha! That is an impossible feat for me. My children and parents tell me I am a noisy critter in the kitchen with all the clanging and banging when I cook, or wash dishes. I even forget to turn the water off at times. :shock:

Seriously.... I mainly interupt people on the cell phone more than anything. Not meaning to. I will walk up to them and tap them or start talking to them and they turn around and I see the phone on their ear. I will apologize and walk away. I have done this several time to the pharmacist. Thank goodness he is a very nice man with lots of paitence. He usually gets back to me when he is done. :)

Back