Pavarotti Is in 'Very Serious Condition'

RedheadGrrl

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pavarotti Is in 'Very Serious Condition'

ROME (Sept. 5) - Luciano Pavarotti's health has deteriorated and the tenor was in very serious condition, suffering kidney problems and losing consciousness, a local Italian TV station reported Wednesday.

Television station E' TV Antenna-1 in Modena reported that the 71-year-old tenor, who has pancreatic cancer, had lost consciousness and was suffering from kidney problems at the Modena home where he has been recovering following a hospital stay.

The ANSA news agency, citing medical sources, said Pavarotti was believed to have lost consciousness for brief moments in recent days. The AGI news agency said Pavarotti was in "very serious condition." It didn't name its sources.

Modena hospital spokesman Alberto Greco confirmed Pavarotti was at home, but said he had no further information.

Pavarotti's manager, Terri Robson, did not deny the reports; an associate answering Robson's phone said she had no comment.

Pavarotti was released from the hospital Aug. 25, more than two weeks after he was admitted with a high fever. At the time, Robson denied Italian news reports that he had been treated for pneumonia.

The opera star had surgery for the cancer in July 2006 in a New York hospital.

Pancreatic cancer is one of the most deadly forms of the disease, though doctors said the surgery offered improved hopes for survival.

At the time of the operation, Pavarotti had been preparing to resume his farewell tour. He has made no public appearances since then.

Very sad to hear this...the world will lose one of the very, very best at his craft.

I'm sorry I don't know who, but hope he will be back together if he makes it. keep fighting for your life.

yes, I did heard that. :( I am very sorry about his cancer, but I am honor of Pavarotti, he is an amazing talent.

He was irreplaceable. I'm truly grateful to my mother who introduced me to the world of music. I grew up watching Pavarotti on the TV with my family. My parents are huge fans of Pavarotti and Three Tenors. In fact, my brother even paid $600 for tickets to the Three Tenors concert for our parents. Thank for the inspiration of your voice, Luciano and God bless your soul.

Italian tenor Pavarotti is dead
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070906/ap_on_en_mu/pavarotti]Italian tenor Pavarotti is dead - Yahoo! News

Tenor Luciano Pavarotti dead at 71
Tenor Luciano Pavarotti dead at 71 - CNN.com

Opera legend Pavarotti dies at 71
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Opera legend Pavarotti dies at 71

Opera star Luciano Pavarotti dies of cancer aged 71
Opera star Luciano Pavarotti dies of cancer aged 71 | the Daily Mail

Opera great Luciano Pavarotti has died
Opera great Luciano Pavarotti has died - Telegraph

Legend Pavarotti dies
The Sun Online - News: Legend Pavarotti dies

I know who he is. He was a wonderful singer. May God rest his soul....

I saw this on tv news this morning. I have heard his singing.. he have beautiful voice! SAd to hear that he had passed away. May he rest in peace.... :(

I told my mom about cancer means and same kinda cancer from friend of my late step-dad's who also cancer same him! i know that not easy for my step-dad's friend having cancer so my mom know about cancer because she is nurse she study about cancer.

here info about cancer
MedlinePlus: Pancreatic Cancer

Pancreatic Cancer
The pancreas is a gland behind your stomach and in front of your spine. It produces juices that help break down food and hormones that help control blood sugar levels. Cancer of the pancreas is the fourth-leading cause of cancer death in the U.S. Some risk factors for developing pancreatic cancer include

Smoking
Long-term diabetes
Chronic pancreatitis
Certain hereditary disorders
Pancreatic cancer is hard to catch early. It doesn't cause symptoms right away. When you do get symptoms, they are often vague or you may not notice them. They include yellowing of the skin and eyes, pain in the abdomen and back, weight loss and fatigue. Also, because the pancreas is hidden behind other organs, health care providers cannot see or feel the tumors during routine exams. Because it is often found late and it spreads quickly, pancreatic cancer can be hard to treat. Possible treatments include surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.

Back