Paula Deen Fired for using Racial Slur

it's used in pretty much all over America.

It is more common in southern state because "cracker" is originally refer to poor whites in southern states.

I know about different term of cracker since I was teenager - I saw "cracker ass" from angry black student that lead to wild fight with white student. :ugh:

When I was outside of southern state, I never heard any single word contain cracker as race term, even in DC too.

OK..I am not really keeping up with this. At first I thought she said it recently but I just learned that she said it 27 years ago. If so and some of you are saying she should be careful what she should say in public. She wasn't a public figure 27 years ago, wasn't she?

Like if I said something stupid now as a regular Joe and then 10 or 15 years later, I become internationally known, would I get punished for that stupid remark?

It is a matter of what kind of responsibilities we carry as regular citizens as opposed to the kind of responsibilities a well known person has. I have seen it happen to my uncle.

Is that fair?

I've wondered about all the posting going on now by kids. It will still be around when they are adults. Nothing will be forgottn in the future.

i no idea who she is,is she good cook...
nothing wrong with hearing impared..i get hump about using word epileptic,itwoman with epilepsy

NEW YORK (AP) — Paula Deen's media and merchandising empire is collapsing.

Sears, J.C. Penney and Walgreen said Friday that they're cutting ties with Deen, adding to the growing list of companies severing their relationship following revelations that the Southern celebrity chef used racial slurs in the past.

Meanwhile, Deen's publisher has canceled a deal with her for multiple books, including an upcoming cookbook that was the No. 1 seller on Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com.

More in there: Sears, Penney sever ties with Paula Deen

my point is - "cracker" is a real term. people have used it in many different ways however they like it such as "creepy-ass cracker", "cracka-ass cracker", "drunk-ass crazy cracka-ass cracker", etc.

or..."crack-ass cracker-ho"...:giggle:...seems we're getting pretty adept at insults..."Polly wanna cracker"?...

Cracker comes from the mule drivers in the south as well as the bosses, they were whip crackers. It is not a nice term at all.

As for Ms. Deen I can't excuse her behavior. We knew better even that long ago. Yes we did. Those who said those things were proud to say those things. That did not make it correct and did not make it excusable but made it worse. She is the same age as my late brother, and she is from the same state.

Defending or excusing that behavior in this day and age only perpetuates the evil.

Better to forgive and forget, yes, but it did not mean that she was innocent nor blameless.

Cracker comes from the mule drivers in the south as well as the bosses, they were whip crackers. It is not a nice term at all.

As for Ms. Deen I can't excuse her behavior. We knew better even that long ago. Yes we did. Those who said those things were proud to say those things. That did not make it correct and did not make it excusable but made it worse. She is the same age as my late brother, and she is from the same state.

Defending or excusing that behavior in this day and age only perpetuates the evil.

Better to forgive and forget, yes, but it did not mean that she was innocent nor blameless.

I think that Ms. Deen's troubles went well beyond the use of the N-word and there was plenty of grounds for a civil law suit.

You should see the Jackson vs Deen complaint in the Deem-Hiers court case. It's a real eye opener - even if only 1/3 of what Ms. Jackson says is true.

It's just scandalous.

If it were just the N-word, I could overlook this.

:( oh wow, DS, I am very sad to read that complaint in the link, jeez:roll:

it IS an eye-opener....

Back