patience with hearing boyfriend

rockinlife

Reaction score
I love my boyfriend with all my heart, but sometimes It's hard. Communication is tough, and he's learning... But it's still frustrating sometimes. It's the little things, like when he's trying to get my attention, sometimes he'll forget and not tap me, or turn the lights on and off, or how he introduces me to his friends and sometimes I'm not included (which is fine I understand). I think it just gets to me little more sometimes, this one of the times.
Any advice, I'd like it

Yeah, I would tell him. Have you tried telling him?

If you tell him, he listens, and he acts then he really does care. :)

Definitely discuss it with him. If he does not take your concerns into immediate consideration and put it to action... Then you are gonna be unhappy over and over again.
Relationships are so hard anyway and then putting in language or communication barriers.. Makes it rough.

Hopefully you can assist him to realize whats going on :) good luck :)

Quit dating. Hang out at drag strips where you can brag about vehicles with turbocharged engine being the best thing EVER!!!

Quit dating. Hang out at drag strips where you can brag about vehicles with turbocharged engine being the best thing EVER!!!

there is alot to be said about single life but turbocharged engine pass to phalic prefer gardening seriously think turbocharged lawn mower.
take him to deaf club get education only advice i can think of.OP seems timid so not only for deaf but women in general TOUGH UP

Yeah, I would tell him. Have you tried telling him?

If you tell him, he listens, and he acts then he really does care. :)

Definitely discuss it with him. If he does not take your concerns into immediate consideration and put it to action... Then you are gonna be unhappy over and over again.
Relationships are so hard anyway and then putting in language or communication barriers.. Makes it rough.

Hopefully you can assist him to realize whats going on :) good luck :)

Thanks! I think both are right. I need to talk to him about it. Hopefully he really takes it to heart.

Learning phrases that are english has been good too, like he taught me "take it to heart" and Now I think about it... I hope it gets better :)

Rockinlife-
It starts with communication- go somewhere neutral , where you won't be distracted nor would he- then explain why you are where you are- go into details about the things you love and then explain without saying " you" but say I would like for you to " tap me when you want my attention as I sure will give it " be positive and be sure to educate- ask him
What frustrates him? Be open , don't take it personally- love goes both ways !
Good luck

My fiancee is deaf and I've learned that if I want to get his attention when he is with his deaf friends is to stomp my foot so he feels the vibration. Other than that I can get his attention by coming up behind him and grabbing his hand lol but that's what we normally do a lot.

My fiancee told me the best way to get his attention is to stomp on the floor so he feels it because when he is talking to his deaf friend it is much harder to get his attention because I do cook dinner for them and sometimes I need his help lol

After all, if there's no meaningful communication, what have you really got?

Back