Patience of a saint

"You have every right to be. Those special snowflakes don't know shit. You should send them here. We will give them the Patience of a Saint treatment. You get 1st dibs of course." :)
Cappy used the term " snowflake" ! So you're :owned: This is why I asked what is this crap about calling people "snowflake"!!!

That's enough please... let it go. We asked you nicely to move on.

"You have every right to be. Those special snowflakes don't know shit. You should send them here. We will give them the Patience of a Saint treatment. You get 1st dibs of course." :)
Cappy used the term " snowflake" ! So you're :owned: This is why I asked what is this crap about calling people "snowflake"!!!
Who are you talking to?

this_time_doctor_who.gif
Snowflake :mrgreen: caused all this rukus at least this gif made me lol I needed it . I had a rough week losing two friends in a week :cry:

Here is the comment my friend made on FB. Reposted with permission-

The difference between a Deaf person and a hearing-impaired person is that the Deaf person feels complete despite her deafness, but the hearing-impaired person feel incomplete without hearing

That actually sums up better what I was trying to say. I AM complete because my deafness has always been there. Granted there are likely some individuals born deaf who use the term hearing impaired...

Thisss. Let me share my experience. Growing up, I have only heard of the word "hearing impaired" and honestly it doesnt feel great at all because it always makes me feel like i have some weakness. But as I'm in mainstream schools since young, i struggled a lot with my identity and always tried to hide my hearing aids because i hate the stares/questions/pity from people. Believe it or not, i was teased for being Hearing impaired when i was young and i got emotionally scarred. I think that term will always make me feel lesser of a person.

However, some people are just so exposed to the term Hearing impair that they might have never heard of HOH like me until i joined the forum. I now prefer using the term HOH when refering to myself as compared to HI, but HI is more commonly used. Even club names are "Hearing Impaired club" so i never thought of it as a really negative thing generally.

As for growing up, i did not have hearing aids until I was 4 or 5 and my teachers said i did not respond to them at all. So my parents decided to finally get me hearing aids, but i lost out on a lot and couldn't make friends at all because I did not develop my social skills before then. I struggled to make friends for a few more years after that. I do not know ASL at all because I had always been in mainstream school since birth and had never really met someone else who is HOH.

Back