Paleo Diet - Have you tried this?

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
The title says it all.

I just started on the Paleo Diet. So far, I like it. It's too early to tell the changes though.

Hmmm... Wow! Looks familiar to what I do, but I'm not too restrictive. Moderation and intense exercise keep me in shape. :)

i am not familar with it. is it similiar as atkins and sout beach? i understand that atkins has no carb. south beach has low carb.

what does Paleo Diet do? if you have lists for it. I did google it but it didnt show much information about it. i need to dig more about it.

like jess mentions that moderation and exercise is the key. For me, i dont do well with my eatin habits. oh well

Wirelessly posted

How is it going for you? Jolie.

I am not strictly paleo but I have cut way back on carbs. I mainly eat meat and veggies. Basically cutting out carbs and processed foods.

ITs just like the atkins in my opinion, but for the supporters of the caveman diet its more better than the Atkins as they're not marketing the products to sell but any diet that tells me to stay away from the legumes is telling me that my heart will pay the price later in the long run.

its bascially low carb diet. but staying away from grains and legumes in general saying they're not made for humans but for cows thats why cows are super fat etc etc that's what I understand after reading about it as I've been trying to stray away from grain itself as I do feel its making me fat so I do agree with some of the message caveman diet people are saying in general however its the mentality and mindset

Wirelessly posted

I see a lot of mentioned about carbs. I recently , strayed from breads and grains , I do feel different and I don't know if I can eat breads again. I have to find a good bread or cut back and have it once in awhile. I was off from it for 21 days and I feel lighter.

Wirelessly posted

I see a lot of mentioned about carbs. I recently , strayed from breads and grains , I do feel different and I don't know if I can eat breads again. I have to find a good bread or cut back and have it once in awhile. I was off from it for 21 days and I feel lighter.

Go with only whole wheat, Market Basket has a really good Whole Wheat Tuscan bread. If you exercise regularly, it doesn't take much to burn off.

Wirelessly posted

VacationGuy234 said:
Wirelessly posted

Go with only whole wheat, Market Basket has a really good Whole Wheat Tuscan bread. If you exercise regularly, it doesn't take much to burn off.

I will investigate this whole wheat bread. Is it sold mostly in whole food stores? Yes, I do Zumba regularly.

i am not familar with it. is it similiar as atkins and sout beach? i understand that atkins has no carb. south beach has low carb.

what does Paleo Diet do? if you have lists for it. I did google it but it didnt show much information about it. i need to dig more about it.

like jess mentions that moderation and exercise is the key. For me, i dont do well with my eatin habits. oh well

Paleo doesn't go by calories or carbs. Their primary focus are on Meats, Veggies, Nuts and foods that consist healthy fats such as avocados, etc. Paleo does not include breads, grains, dairy (except eggs) and legumes.

I had a conversation with my doctor to ask his opinion about Paleo. He said that he is in support of this diet and also recommends me to take vitamins with minerals in it to stabilize calcium level. He also suggested me to go 80/20 meaning, I can only include milk to get the calcium as needed.

Wirelessly posted

How is it going for you? Jolie.

I am not strictly paleo but I have cut way back on carbs. I mainly eat meat and veggies. Basically cutting out carbs and processed foods.

It's going pretty well except my body is screaming for something sweet and sugary. Argh, oh those temptation are driving me nuts, haha.

I'm trying to open my mind on eating more veggies cuz I'm not usually big on it although, I realize I need these.

Paleo doesn't go by calories or carbs. Their primary focus are on Meats, Veggies, Nuts and foods that consist healthy fats such as avocados, etc. Paleo does not include breads, grains, dairy (except eggs) and legumes.

I had a conversation with my doctor to ask his opinion about Paleo. He said that he is in support of this diet and also recommends me to take vitamins with minerals in it to stabilize calcium level. He also suggested me to go 80/20 meaning, I can only include milk to get the calcium as needed.

It's going pretty well except my body is screaming for something sweet and sugary. Argh, oh those temptation are driving me nuts, haha.

I'm trying to open my mind on eating more veggies cuz I'm not usually big on it although, I realize I need these.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I will share what I know with you. Try to make your changes a permanent part of your life. Changes made for a diet's sake usually backfires, resulting in gaining it back after leaving the diet. Get used to healthier eating choices more often, but you don't have to be too restrictive. Every now and then I indulge, but in moderation. We are human and occasionally we get off track. Simply get back on, your changes will come back, no need for those punishing guilt trips! :)

Hard I know, but you can make something work for you. Have a goal or reason to eat better. In my case, my relatives have a strong history of some common ailments, this is one reminder I tell myself to get so moving! LOL Hope that bit helps. :)

Hard I know, but you can make something work for you. Have a goal or reason to eat better. In my case, my relatives have a strong history of some common ailments, this is one reminder I tell myself to get so moving! LOL Hope that bit helps. :)

LOL I have no problem at working out. Eating is my weakness! FOOD is my lover over husband, lol !!!

Wirelessly posted

I will investigate this whole wheat bread. Is it sold mostly in whole food stores? Yes, I do Zumba regularly.

No, it is sold in supermarkets as well. You can get whole wheat bread anywhere, but you need to look at the label to make sure it is 100% whole wheat. The American I buy is 100%, but the Tuscan probably isn't. Still, the Tuscan is good whole wheat Italian bread. At Market Basket, it is made in their bakery, I believe.

Whole Wheat is better than white which is really over-processed bread.

No, it is sold in supermarkets as well. You can get whole wheat bread anywhere, but you need to look at the label to make sure it is 100% whole wheat. The American I buy is 100%, but the Tuscan probably isn't. Still, the Tuscan is good whole wheat Italian bread. At Market Basket, it is made in their bakery, I believe.

Whole Wheat is better than white which is really over-processed bread.

:ty:I am going to have to start shopping for this one :)

Wirelessly posted

Jess said:
LOL I have no problem at working out. Eating is my weakness! FOOD is my lover over husband, lol !!!

Ohhhhhh! I see your point! Personally I prefer a thick cucumber and loose radishes to boot... ;)

Jess, you look like a woman who takes care of herself. Do you have any recommendation when it comes to whole grain breads?

I got one from vacation guy any more suggestions will be helpful. Thank you :)

The only way to do a diet is simply don't eat. Just consume less than 500 calories a day, until your body becomes bulimic.

I know it sounds harsh but I lost 35 pounds this way :-D and it only took less than a month

I'm proud to be somewhere between 75 to 80 kilos (170-175 lbs)

:)

The only way to do a diet is simply don't eat. Just consume less than 500 calories a day, until your body becomes bulimic.

I know it sounds harsh but I lost 35 pounds this way :-D and it only took less than a month

I'm proud to be somewhere between 75 to 80 kilos (170-175 lbs)

:)

People have done this through a water fast, fasting for several weeks until they finally used up much of the waste and fat. Remember, it's not all fat... There is waste material suspended in the cells and interstitial fluids, too, because the waste management has gone haywire and can't let the metabolic waste get out.

You'll lose muscle before fat actually doing that. You may lose weight, and be smaller, but more than likely you lost muscle tone and kept fat. Your body goes into starvation mode and starts hoarding your fat, that's what fat is for, stored energy in times of famine.

I want to try this, I want to get a book first, with info and recipes etc.

I don't look at something like this as a "diet" but as a lifestyle change. Diets don't work, you just have to eat better....for you know life. you gots to take care of your body...otherwise where you going to live??

Back