P3 software - webcam problem

Sword7

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I got new webcam with 6 LED lights and installed it. It worked with Cyberlink's YouCam, etc but P3 software can't detect my webcam. Devices and Printers windows displayed webcam icon. Does anyone know any solution to get my P3 software to recongize my webcam under Windows 7 64-bit operating system?

Thanks,
Sword7

Webcam fail, you should have gotten the Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000... It's awesome.

Hello folks,

I got new webcam with 6 LED lights and installed it. It worked with Cyberlink's YouCam, etc but P3 software can't detect my webcam. Devices and Printers windows displayed webcam icon. Does anyone know any solution to get my P3 software to recongize my webcam under Windows 7 64-bit operating system?

Thanks,
Sword7

what s brand name of webcam? model number?

Ok, I got it from eBay. Its brand name is AVEO and its model is SX0040. It supports HD video and uses YUY2 video streaming.

Thanks,
Sword7

It don't include webcam software?

It don't include webcam software?
It doesn't matter if they don't include the webcam software - it is as simple to download it off the internet, internet has everything

It doesn't matter if they don't include the webcam software - it is as simple to download it off the internet, internet has everything

Yes, If they don't include software, can download Dell webcam software. I had removed out Cyberlink's YouCam software and replace Dell software for HP notebook. That s better.

Yes, If they don't include software, can download Dell webcam software. I had removed out Cyberlink's YouCam software and replace Dell software for HP notebook. That s better.
It has nothing to do with the Dell Webcam software - you have to be careful with the software download - unmatchable drivers can may work with any webcam but sometimes you're going to fuck things up.

It has nothing to do with the Dell Webcam software - you have to be careful with the software download - unmatchable drivers can may work with any webcam but sometimes you're going to fuck things up.

No problem with Dell webcam software. I dislike Cyberlink's YouCam software because I don't want pop up of it when opening p3.

Yes, it includes webcam software with AVEO driver, CamApp, and Youcam.

Thanks,
Sword7

Yes, it includes webcam software with AVEO driver, CamApp, and Youcam.

Thanks,
Sword7

I read CamAPP manual PDF. Thats your software is fine. I don't understand that it won't work with P3. Did you configure camera setting on P3? camapp or YouCam did you choose?

I recommend Logitech C600. It has better and high quality of the picture.

Try it for yourself ::thumb up::

I recommend Logitech C600. It has better and high quality of the picture.

Try it for yourself ::thumb up::
logitech-quickcam.jpg

This webcam wins, hands down! :mad2:

I read CamAPP manual PDF. Thats your software is fine. I don't understand that it won't work with P3. Did you configure camera setting on P3? camapp or YouCam did you choose?

Ok, I tried to configure camera setting on P3 and I did not see any webcam detection. Only CamApp and YouCam 3 work fine. With YouCam3, I can set up to 640x480 at 30 fps. With CamApp, I can set up to 640x480 at up to 160 fps. That was very smooth video streaming (full 30 fps). I think that a problem is driver that supports up to Vista (32-bit only). That was supposed to support HD video (up to 2048x1536). Its default is 640x480 at 30 fps.

Thanks for replies.
Sword7

logitech-quickcam.jpg

This webcam wins, hands down! :mad2:

lol... I made tough decision on both Logitech webcam Pro 9000 and C600. Both webcam has 720p HD and better quality of the picture.

Last week, I bought Logitech C600 at Office Depot and tested it on my laptop. I did looked at it. Honestly, my webcam of Logitech C600 is excellent. That why alot of people are very popular on both Logitech C600 and Pro 9000 as well.

Ok, I tried to configure camera setting on P3 and I did not see any webcam detection. Only CamApp and YouCam 3 work fine. With YouCam3, I can set up to 640x480 at 30 fps. With CamApp, I can set up to 640x480 at up to 160 fps. That was very smooth video streaming (full 30 fps). I think that a problem is driver that supports up to Vista (32-bit only). That was supposed to support HD video (up to 2048x1536). Its default is 640x480 at 30 fps.

Thanks for replies.
Sword7

Should be Vista 64-bit. You try to change to YouCam instead to CamApp for P3.

lol... I made tough decision on both Logitech webcam Pro 9000 and C600. Both webcam has 720p HD and better quality of the picture.

Last week, I bought Logitech C600 at Office Depot and tested it on my laptop. I did looked at it. Honestly, my webcam of Logitech C600 is excellent. That why alot of people are very popular on both Logitech C600 and Pro 9000 as well.

Both of Logitech C600 and Pro 9000 are fine for P3. You can buy one of them if you like.

I have microsoft webcam they are good to me because windows best friend product

Chevy57, have you ever used a Logi Quickcam 9000? Its clear you like LifeCam Cinema HD, but how does it work with P3? Can you see hands clear when signing, figerspelling, etc? Even in low-light? I'm really torn between Pro 9000 and LifeCam Cinema HD. Right now Microsoft one is cheaper, so if they both work well in P3 under low light, I'll buy it. I tried a Logitech E3560 and it was garbage on P3. Could barely communicate on VP.

Back