P3 software - webcam problem

Chevy57, have you ever used a Logi Quickcam 9000? Its clear you like LifeCam Cinema HD, but how does it work with P3? Can you see hands clear when signing, figerspelling, etc? Even in low-light? I'm really torn between Pro 9000 and LifeCam Cinema HD. Right now Microsoft one is cheaper, so if they both work well in P3 under low light, I'll buy it. I tried a Logitech E3560 and it was garbage on P3. Could barely communicate on VP.
Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000 is better and yes, it will work on low light unless you adjust it in the settings, you can't just expect the device to do it automatically.

Chevy57, have you ever used a Logi Quickcam 9000? Its clear you like LifeCam Cinema HD, but how does it work with P3? Can you see hands clear when signing, figerspelling, etc? Even in low-light? I'm really torn between Pro 9000 and LifeCam Cinema HD. Right now Microsoft one is cheaper, so if they both work well in P3 under low light, I'll buy it. I tried a Logitech E3560 and it was garbage on P3. Could barely communicate on VP.

Yes, I have own Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000. It is excellent picture quality in low light. 2.0 MP sensor. LifeCam Cinema HD is same sensor as Logitech. Be sure to buy a video camera with a CCD sensor. CCD sensors are listed on the technical specifications on the box. We do not recommend purchasing a camera with CMOS sensors; this type of sensor may slow down your videoconference capabilities. I think that your Logitech E3560 webcam is CMOS 1.3 MP sensor. That s not good.

LifeCam Cinema HD webcam's price is cheaper than Logitech. You will look it for cheap price at Best Buy store or eBay online.

Thank you both for suggestions. It seems like both the Quickcam 9000 and Cinema HD are about the same quality, just the price is the difference. I think I will save a little money and buy Microsoft Cinema HD, since it is at Amazon right now for $50 w/ free shipping. Cheapest I found 9000 for is $72. The only other concern with Cinema HD is that it is reported to take more CPU usage when running 720p video. Since I just need a smooth picture for HOVRS P3, I'm not too worried about that, since you can't run that high of resolution anyway. Thanks again!:wave:

Thank you both for suggestions. It seems like both the Quickcam 9000 and Cinema HD are about the same quality, just the price is the difference. I think I will save a little money and buy Microsoft Cinema HD, since it is at Amazon right now for $50 w/ free shipping. Cheapest I found 9000 for is $72. The only other concern with Cinema HD is that it is reported to take more CPU usage when running 720p video. Since I just need a smooth picture for HOVRS P3, I'm not too worried about that, since you can't run that high of resolution anyway. Thanks again!:wave:

You are welcome! :)

let ya'll know if you having problem with getting p3 program to load up or failed update as is caused by internet explorer being set to work offline ,go in internet explorer's file tab and uncheck "work offline" and p3 will work normally ,the reason? p3 depends on internet explorer 7 or 8 and requires flash 8 plugin or higher, hope this help ya'll

I dislike Cyberlink's YouCam software because I don't want pop up of it when opening p3.

1) I agree with Chevy57. I got HP laptop include Cyberlink YouCam. I hate it because lack of frames per second and pop-up when opened P3.

2) You should not buy un-familiar brand name webcam.

1) I agree with Chevy57. I got HP laptop include Cyberlink YouCam. I hate it because lack of frames per second and pop-up when opened P3.

2) You should not buy un-familiar brand name webcam.

I had downloaded free dell webcam software in HP notebook and select one of them in P3 video setting.

I have a cheap Dynex webcam and it works, that's all I care about. The only con is that doesn't do that well in low light conditions.

I have unknown device and P3 do not set correct screen size for it.
I only get blurred video in p3.

my device works fine in testmycam.com and my video softwares.

btw, I would not buy logitech's new webcam since they do not support windows 2000.

unless someone made drivers for it for windows 2000.

I have unknown device and P3 do not set correct screen size for it.
I only get blurred video in p3.

my device works fine in testmycam.com and my video softwares.

btw, I would not buy logitech's new webcam since they do not support windows 2000.

unless someone made drivers for it for windows 2000.

Sometime you can use Windows XP 32bit driver on Windows 2kw. Windows 2KW was better stable ever I had.

Back