P3 software start up problem

xgoofyguyx

Reaction score
Hello Anyone,

I want to let you know that I am having problem issues with P3 software. How odd is that because I downloaded P3 last week and it was working great to use the program while I have Windows Vista SP1 so somehow I got informed that Windows need to update to Service Pack 2 from Service Pack 1. It was already set updated in my system. It asked to restart the computer to complete the updates. Later, it won't even let me to start up the program. Nothing work at all! All I see little icon of p3 in Task bar besides the clock and wireless status icon. I keep click on it and it won't even open the program. I think I should turn back to SP1 so there will be simple to work for P3 software to start up. Gosh! I can't stand of problems already! I loved P3 software so much so I can use them anytime I want to. One time, I had to restart over again and again. It finally started up the program. After, I closed the program. I decided to use it again to call someone on P3 and I click P3 desktop Icon and it pop up showing "P3 starting up" Then it disappear that way and won't even pop up again after completing start up the program. Obviously, It won't work with Service Pack 2. Purple need to update that one. I don't know if they knew SP2 were coming to Window Vista. I am not sure how I can fix this one. Anybody have that same problem when you updated to SP2 from SP1? I am getting sick of tech issues! EKKKK!!!:eek3:

Hello Anyone,

I want to let you know that I am having problem issues with P3 software. How odd is that because I downloaded P3 last week and it was working great to use the program while I have Windows Vista SP1 so somehow I got informed that Windows need to update to Service Pack 2 from Service Pack 1. It was already set updated in my system. It asked to restart the computer to complete the updates. Later, it won't even let me to start up the program. Nothing work at all! All I see little icon of p3 in Task bar besides the clock and wireless status icon. I keep click on it and it won't even open the program. I think I should turn back to SP1 so there will be simple to work for P3 software to start up. Gosh! I can't stand of problems already! I loved P3 software so much so I can use them anytime I want to. One time, I had to restart over again and again. It finally started up the program. After, I closed the program. I decided to use it again to call someone on P3 and I click P3 desktop Icon and it pop up showing "P3 starting up" Then it disappear that way and won't even pop up again after completing start up the program. Obviously, It won't work with Service Pack 2. Purple need to update that one. I don't know if they knew SP2 were coming to Window Vista. I am not sure how I can fix this one. Anybody have that same problem when you updated to SP2 from SP1? I am getting sick of tech issues! EKKKK!!!:eek3:

Have you tried to update XP to SP3??? My laptop and two PCs doesn't have any hint of problems. I just installed P3 software and it works like a charm for the first time even to the last time.

Also did you have Webcam built-in or hooked up and the webcam's software installed??

Can you tell us what are your computer's hardware configuration?? thus includes Video type, video memory size ect. So we can try help you.

Catty

I have webcam built in, it is working fine. It is not XP, It is Vista SP2 which I have now. My System have 4 GB Ram, 2.1 GHZ, 64 bit.That's what I have now.

I have webcam built in, it is working fine. It is not XP, It is Vista SP2 which I have now. My System have 4 GB Ram, 2.1 GHZ, 64 bit.That's what I have now.

Ok no problem. I don't have Vista installed on my laptop or AMD64 desktop yet, Both are running on XP SP3....

Are you able to uninstall and re-install P3 software by using Vista's OS Compatibilty to Windows XP to allow it to start up and stay? You can experiement it. If not then it might be something with Vista. I know it'll work with Vista anyway. Sometime it's the software being blocked cuz other video program might have been in used. Try close your webcam's program that contains another videochat program that may conflict with P3.

One thing, I noticed it changed after I updated Vista SP2 from SP1. It changed that way. I don't think it is my webcam issue. First time it finally start up the pogram, it does show my face and webcam were on. Even it did bring webcam program to pop up mean it can let me select any effects I want to make on video frame on P3. I don't know if it might conflict the program that wont' start up. I found out it was not responsing that's explain why it won't show up in the window background. Odd! I did what you said...Uninstalling then reinstalling the software again. It did work once then I decided to closed the program when I don't need it for a moment. I tested if I can click the P3 icon to see if it worked. Same problem issue. I believe It is very sensitive with New Sp2. How I can uninstall SP2 back to SP1? I realized SP2 might disrupt P3 running or prevent it to start up fine. I don't know. Can you help me with this? If it keep remains problem. I will have to contact Purple to have them to help me what to do.

Wait! I think I found the problem! I don't think it is P3 might causing the problem. It is my webcam being not responsing because I was figuring what is the problem? I decided to try my webcam program "Cyberlink Youcan" and it even not responsing! I figured it is a problem!!!! Sp2 caused my webcam driver slow or never responsed! That's what it might caused P3 won't starting up because of webcam issue! I have webcam built in. How I can fix my webcam and the webcam program? Maybe you are right about video might cause the problem. Can you figure how to help me to fix this issue?

Wait! I think I found the problem! I don't think it is P3 might causing the problem. It is my webcam being not responsing because I was figuring what is the problem? I decided to try my webcam program "Cyberlink Youcan" and it even not responsing! I figured it is a problem!!!! Sp2 caused my webcam driver slow or never responsed! That's what it might caused P3 won't starting up because of webcam issue! I have webcam built in. How I can fix my webcam and the webcam program? Maybe you are right about video might cause the problem. Can you figure how to help me to fix this issue?

I have Vista operation SP1 on my HP notebook and have Cyberlink YouCan program. Use p3 that s working pretty. I think that you better return to SP1 from SP2.

I have Vista operation SP1 on my HP notebook and have Cyberlink YouCan program. Use p3 that s working pretty. I think that you better return to SP1 from SP2.
Chevy, no.

P3 needs to be re-installed, just remove the current one and then re-insall after the software OS upgrade has been completed and then re-install the P3 from the hovrs.com website and it will be fine.

chevy computer ingorant
cant downgrade windows service packs
How do i down grade to service pack 2 ? - Yahoo! Answers

Alright.

Chevy, no.

P3 needs to be re-installed, just remove the current one and then re-insall after the software OS upgrade has been completed and then re-install the P3 from the hovrs.com website and it will be fine.

I had re-installed it when P3 update software was error after dowload it in Vista. xgoofyguyx, you can re-installed it

Alright.

I had re-installed it when P3 update software was error after dowload it in Vista. xgoofyguyx, you can re-installed it
Yes, just remove the original and re-install, it will work fine. Just let us know.

I already found the problem and I fixed it. What is causing P3 is not starting up. I figured that upgrading to SP2 is not blamed causing P3 software to refuse starting up because It was YouCam program that disrupted the program. I had reinstalled the software and it finally start up. If I just close it down then it won't let me click next time to start up the program. I had to configure in settings to see what up with my webcam. I see that It has saved Cyberlink Youcam filter in camera settings. I believed reason why it won't start up because it keep bring YouCam program to pop up that disrupt the program that is trying to bring running webcam but somehow it won't let up. There were another option in settings saying "USB Video Device" In Video configuration settings. I changed to that one. It finally configured the video setting, it is no longer enable YouCam anymore. It just read your Webcam driver then automatically connected to P3. Everything was good so I was hoping if P3 will work to start up again. I closed it down. I clicked the Desktop Icon to see if it is working to let software to start up and running smoothly. IT WORKED! I tested around four times. I finally got it fixed. Don't ever put any webcam program settings in video configuration setting. It will disrupt P3 without running it. That's what I have been struggling with. Geez! It was Cyberlink YouCam's fault causing the problem! Now I am not longer putting YouCam to be add in video setinngs. Best thing to leave it is "USB Video device" That will solve the problem. Hope anybody will know what to do with their P3 software if something occurs. Geez! Very interesting! Glad P3 is finally working back! It is not SP2 disrupting. Phew! I don't need to downgrade to SP1. That's all I want to let u know. Unbelievable!

I already found the problem and I fixed it. What is causing P3 is not starting up. I figured that upgrading to SP2 is not blamed causing P3 software to refuse starting up because It was YouCam program that disrupted the program. I had reinstalled the software and it finally start up. If I just close it down then it won't let me click next time to start up the program. I had to configure in settings to see what up with my webcam. I see that It has saved Cyberlink Youcam filter in camera settings. I believed reason why it won't start up because it keep bring YouCam program to pop up that disrupt the program that is trying to bring running webcam but somehow it won't let up. There were another option in settings saying "USB Video Device" In Video configuration settings. I changed to that one. It finally configured the video setting, it is no longer enable YouCam anymore. It just read your Webcam driver then automatically connected to P3. Everything was good so I was hoping if P3 will work to start up again. I closed it down. I clicked the Desktop Icon to see if it is working to let software to start up and running smoothly. IT WORKED! I tested around four times. I finally got it fixed. Don't ever put any webcam program settings in video configuration setting. It will disrupt P3 without running it. That's what I have been struggling with. Geez! It was Cyberlink YouCam's fault causing the problem! Now I am not longer putting YouCam to be add in video setinngs. Best thing to leave it is "USB Video device" That will solve the problem. Hope anybody will know what to do with their P3 software if something occurs. Geez! Very interesting! Glad P3 is finally working back! It is not SP2 disrupting. Phew! I don't need to downgrade to SP1. That's all I want to let u know. Unbelievable!
There you go buddy, good as new :cool2:

I happen to check out the news with HOVRS... I happen notice on bottom part about P3, but I read on P3 website, it seems not support Vista?

I have try use with Vista and it is working but an error message with History part.

I happen to check out the news with HOVRS... I happen notice on bottom part about P3, but I read on P3 website, it seems not support Vista?

I have try use with Vista and it is working but an error message with History part.
It is working fine on my Vista Ultimate.

Interesting... On P3 webcam setting, I use Logitech fusion. It works just fine. I'm using XP Sp3 that's why.

Catty

Back