Overdose of medical/drug ads on ota tv in the usa?

FDA allowed big pharma to ads on TV since mid 1990s, I think so.

There are a lot of big pharma ads on cable channels, especially adults.
That's probably when the price of prescription drugs began to really take off, they had to pay for all those commercials.

I love all the disclaimers, side effects and possible serious diseases the drugs can possibly cause that are put at the end of the commercial. After hearing all those you would need your head examined if you took the drug. A good friend of mine went on one of the popular cholesterol medicines about six months ago and the drug did some serious damage to his liver, but they luckily caught it in time and he is now recovering after spending three days at the hospital.

I love all the disclaimers, side effects and possible serious diseases the drugs can possibly cause that are put at the end of the commercial.

When the first side effect listed on the container is death, I say no thank you.

One cannot help but notice they never mention the cost of the medicine advertised. I am forced to take one, Xarelto, at the cost of almost $500 a month. Those who cannot afford it are shit outta luck. This ANGERS me.

One cannot help but notice they never mention the cost of the medicine advertised. I am forced to take one, Xarelto, at the cost of almost $500 a month. Those who cannot afford it are shit outta luck. This ANGERS me.
No they never quote a price, but many say at the end: "if you can't afford the drug (put drug name here) we may be able to help. Astrazeneca is probably the one who mentions this the most often. A friend of ours was on a cancer drug that cost at first $1,300 per day for the pill and when they took her off it 7 years later the cost had dropped to about $800 per day. Luckily for her, it was covered under her insurance.

Yes, it is. Anytime you get insurance companies or the government in the US involved in the pricing of anything the price goes up.

Yes, any idea to lower the drug price? :hmm:

Yes, any idea to lower the drug price? :hmm:
Do what most other countries do, either put prices they will pay for the drug or have the drug companies that have similar drugs bid for the right to sell their drug to the American public.

A rocket ship is made from so many many pieces, each one from the lowest bidder.
It has worked so far.
Why not to other things?

Talking about OTA drug ads.... are more of overdose mentally but there's also most depressing ads that effect psychologically....is called Depend......

Back