our story.

Just keep doing your best~

Courtney, I hope you can look back through this thread and just pick out the things that are interesting and potentially helpful and completely ignore all the nonsense. I am completely new to the site and after reading this thread, I would honestly be afraid to ask for help. I am of the opinion that one can be honest and yet still tactful and nice. There was far too much mud-slinging and I don't think it is necessary.
No one here knows you or your daughter; no one here has been there with you through her six years; no one here has stood in your shoes and heard the exact words from doctors you heard. Therefore, all anyone here can truly offer is opinion. YOU know your daughter, YOU love her like no one else does, so just keep on doing everything you can to help her. If she knows you love her and she can see you are doing your best to get her help, she will appreciate it.
There is no sense at all beating yourself up for the past. You can't go back and redo it and honestly, you have no idea whether it would make a difference anyway. Even if it would, every single parent out there has made, and will continue to make, mistakes with their child(ren). Your parents made mistakes with you; your daughter will make mistakes with her kids. Some mistakes are worse than others but they all have an affect on our kids. My children tell me I was a great mother, but the older I get the more I can look back and see so many things I could/should have done differently. However I did my best and my kids love me. You can't do better than your best so just keep going!

Back