Ottawa Deaf Community

lovezebras

Reaction score
Anyone in canada know of a good ottawa (ontario) deaf community. Or anywhere near me..i am finding it hard to find somewhere to meet other hoh/deaf ppl esp my age. They all seem to be older..:roll: not that i mind old ppl but im 19 lol

At first, i thought you're talking about Minnesota. My bad, lol.

ya no one round my own age or even close! lot of older folks..we don't have much of a Deaf community...more so in toronto than here in ottawa

Did you ask JennyB?

im in similar situation as aliciaM. is there any more posts like this? ive tried few links and it doesnt help what i am looking for. any help would be appreciated.

Catero

Anyone in canada know of a good ottawa (ontario) deaf community. Or anywhere near me..i am finding it hard to find somewhere to meet other hoh/deaf ppl esp my age. They all seem to be older..:roll: not that i mind old ppl but im 19 lol

Yeah! Go to the deaf center in Ottawa:

Canadian Association of the Deaf
Suite 203, 251 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1X3
Voice/TTY: +1 (613) 565-2882
Fax: +1 (613) 565-1207

info@cad.ca

p.s. I'm only 2 hours away from you :)

im in similar situation as aliciaM. is there any more posts like this? ive tried few links and it doesnt help what i am looking for. any help would be appreciated.

Catero

yes ...occasionally I see people out and about who are deaf and younger...but not many..I had a lady ask me the other day (who was quite older) why I wear hearing aids...she's like you are too young for those you shouldn't wear them...well then...thanks for the info lady!...jeese..we could always meet up for coffee:) start our own club:p

I did not know that there was a thread about Ottawa Deaf community until i saw this thread.

I have been very much involved within this community where I serve on board for a couple of clubs here for about nine years.

We have a beach volleyball night on every Wednesday night at Mooney Bay and many of them are in your ages. Even there is a FB group that is dedicated to all kinds of Deaf activities in Ottawa and I am going to give you a link, Alicia. You are more than welcome to join there. :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/171168326235658?ap=1

Just PM me whenever you need a help. I am more than happy to help you out.

Yeah! Go to the deaf center in Ottawa:

Canadian Association of the Deaf
Suite 203, 251 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1X3
Voice/TTY: +1 (613) 565-2882
Fax: +1 (613) 565-1207

info@cad.ca

p.s. I'm only 2 hours away from you :)

FYI, the CAD is not deeply involved with the Ottawa Deaf community. Trust me. I know these people well. :)

How many deaf in Ottawa?

Not many young deaf people in ottawa anymore. Job market in ottawa very competitive, no jobs here if you are deaf. Deaf people age 20 to 40 move to other cities or Toronto. Many deaf in Ottawa are retired from government jobs, over age 60. :aw:

Back