Original X-Box Question.

Josh B

Reaction score
i have an 6-yrs-old original xbox system sitting here next to me, and i want to get rid of it, but I am not sure. That's my second favorite console in the whole world. :aw: I never playing it since 6 month ago...:shock: It worked fine, but DVD-ROM got stuck and won't eject itself. I had to manually eject it with my trusty clip. :lol: I wonder Gamestop can accept it? I don't think they will accept it. :roll: I have a plan to buy X-Box 360 Elite.

My question is, Should I rid it, or not? :hmm:

Why doesn't the try open? Is it dusty, dirty, or sticky?

Gamestop probably won't take it if it's damaged like that.

Even if you did, you probably won't get much money for it.

I still have my Xbox and it works just fine. :) (It's 7 years old.)

Gamestop stopped selling Xbox games...I assume they also stop selling original Xbox consoles as well.

It is entirely up to you. You want to sell it to make some money, sell it on ebay or amazon.

or just keep it as a collector's item. Your choice.

btw...I thought u already have an Xbox360?

Gamestop stopped selling Xbox games...I assume they also stop selling original Xbox consoles as well.

It is entirely up to you. You want to sell it to make some money, sell it on ebay or amazon.

Yeah, i noticed on internet about that. :|

I might keep it as a collector's item, it's worth something. :)

X-Box 360? Yeah I still have it, but already gave it to my little brother about 3 month ago. :) I wanted my 360 back, but i decide wait to buy an X-Box 360 Elite. :) wise move. ;)

Wow, I sold Xbox at Gamestop in 2006 due need money on new Xbox 360.

I'm retired from Xbox gamer in 2006 as well.

Yeah, i noticed on internet about that. :|

I might keep it as a collector's item, it's worth something. :)

X-Box 360? Yeah I still have it, but already gave it to my little brother about 3 month ago. :) I wanted my 360 back, but i decide wait to buy an X-Box 360 Elite. :) wise move. ;)

Why don't you get the modern warfare 2 bundle? That would be a sweet deal.

Why don't you get the modern warfare 2 bundle? That would be a sweet deal.

Yeah, but that not my favorite game. :) I will buy Forza Motorsport 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City plus regular GTA4, :D

That's true.

The one I have is a good collector's item. It's the Halo Edition (dark crystal green with "Halo" on top, same for controller).

That's true.

The one I have is a good collector's item. It's the Halo Edition (dark crystal green with "Halo" on top, same for controller).

Yea your lucky...if I have that, I definetly would keep it for good too lol.

Llamma site, you can find, purchase, and replace one.

Josh, You can find the Xbox DVD Drive from Llamma site.

So if you purchased it from Llamma, then unintall the dead dvd rom and reinstall new one on xbox before you selling on ebay. you will get $$ back..

I wish you the best luck...

Wow, I sold Xbox at Gamestop in 2006 due need money on new Xbox 360.

I'm retired from Xbox gamer in 2006 as well.
Fox, I wont retire for xbox till death do apart me and xbox for my whole rest! but my talking could be no good, never knows. Ha.. anyway you might know me, I am huge CRAZIE fan of XBOX than others.. I am still playing some collection games on xbox is my big entertainment! :cool2:

Yes thats sad! I remember that pawn shop had dozens of orig xbox consoles. Even though, Pawn shop is no longer selling xbox console. but they selling xbox games only, (of course, they selling xbox 360 consoles, psp, ps3, wii, etc).. I don't know why they dont selling the original xbox consoles and I was wondered what happen to xbox console after pawn store tossed it out and xbox consoles gone for good..

Josh, You can find the Xbox DVD Drive from Llamma site.

So if you purchased it from Llamma, then unintall the dead dvd rom and reinstall new one on xbox before you selling on ebay. you will get $$ back..

I wish you the best luck...

:ty: for link! :D

I never understand my 6+ years old Original X-Box is more reliability than my 2 2/3 years old xbox 360. I got an RROD twice on 360 for 2 years.

X-Box 360: Is it bad airflow design, bad case design, or what?

:ty: for link! :D

I never understand my 6+ years old Original X-Box is more reliability than my 2 2/3 years old xbox 360. I got an RROD twice on 360 for 2 years.

X-Box 360: Is it bad airflow design, bad case design, or what?
Josh B, you are more than welcome...

you asking me about xbox360's rrod..

You are not alone.. Me, too I got rrod couple times on xbox 360. I recently bought three time xbox 360 console by this month after my second ole 360 for two years.

I know why xbox 360 got rrod after i witness my own console open by myself. MS or investor is totally pathetic idiot for designed console as x360 about airflow. not because of case design. :D

I wanted to curiously open the second console case which was rrod, what inside it is. I realized that there have two together metal case inside console shell case as no way for airflow enough. its characteristic behavior like concept of Microwaves designs, no way for air out like that.

take a look at my premuim console case (I exchanged tray for arcade console,) ha:
img9186x800.jpg

img9187x800.jpg

get it?

thats why I planning to mod & cut my case and some customize for more airfolw, (i dont give a fuck about warranty if i opened it). see what the outcome after that mod case.

edit: I knew all slim case are small factor have similar issues, due overheat, because of improperly airflow designs or not enough the air out . like HP slimline PC or Shuttle XPC have some issues for overheat... if you dont believe, go gooogle and search for hp slimline issues.

Josh B, you are more than welcome...

you asking me about xbox360's rrod..

You are not alone.. Me, too I got rrod couple times on xbox 360. I recently bought three time xbox 360 console by this month after my second ole 360 for two years.

1. I know why xbox 360 got rrod after i witness my own console open by myself. MS or investor is totally pathetic idiot for designed console as x360 about airflow. not because of case design. :D

I wanted to curiously open the second console case which was rrod, what inside it is. I realized that there have two together metal case inside console shell case as no way for airflow enough. its characteristic behavior like concept of Microwaves designs, no way for air out like that.

2. take a look at my premuim console case (I exchanged tray for arcade console,) ha:
img9186x800.jpg

img9187x800.jpg

get it?

3. thats why I planning to mod & cut my case and some customize for more airfolw, (i dont give a fuck about warranty if i opened it). see what the outcome after that mod case.

edit: I knew all slim case are small factor have similar issues, due overheat, because of improperly airflow designs or not enough the air out . like HP slimline PC or Shuttle XPC have some issues for overheat... if you dont believe, go gooogle and search for hp slimline issues.

1. Yeah, I hope They doing better than that crappy airfiow for XBox 720!!! :mad2:

2. I got it , Where's front fans for intake help cpu and gpu more cool?

3. Good luck with your mods, i have a helluva idea for you. :devil: Put 2 120mm fans on top of xb360, paint a case to red. that's it. :hmm::lol:

Microsoft really need to redesign the Xbox360...but so far I've heard the RRoD have dropped since the Jasper models came out so I guess Jasper models are improved now...especially with the NXE that came nearly a year ago allowing you to install games to the HDD has made it easier to reduce heating to your console, as well.

Microsoft should've followed what Sony did with the hardware design and games since most PS3 models are more reliable than Xbox360 models. If they did...then the RRoD wouldn't happen. This is what they get for rushing a year head start of the next gen console war...so stupid. :roll:

img9187x800airflowisfai.jpg

As you can see airflow design is IMPROPERLY.. Like i had said in post #14's quote: I realized that there have two together metal case inside console shell case as no way for airflow enough. Concept, its character of microwaves itself has seal air heat to cooking , there is no way air comes out like that as lack of exhale flow.

1. Yeah, I hope They doing better than that crappy airfiow for XBox 720!!! :mad2:

2. I got it , Where's front fans for intake help cpu and gpu more cool?

3. Good luck with your mods, i have a helluva idea for you. :devil: Put 2 120mm fans on top of xb360, paint a case to red. that's it. :hmm::lol:

1) I haven't heard any rumors talk about XBOX 720. where you have heard this from?

2) No, Unfortunately, X360 doesn't have intake cool for CPU and GPU.. You have to figure out for intake help cpu-gpu thru cool or you have to add the fans inside. thats exact why I going to cut case, add more fans.

3) Thank you, I going to grab the luck out of your hand.. I will plan to paint shell case with black, and sk8 stickers.

Back