Original AD members

Don't forget DeafMonkey. She went with them, too.

Oh wow..right! Now, I remember....

Any others? I know I am missing a few!

TweetyBird?

I remember when I first joined there was this TOF that everyone loved and had passed away unexpectedly. I never knew her, but the memorial thread that was made at that time nearly made me cry.

I remember when I first joined there was this TOF that everyone loved and had passed away unexpectedly. I never knew her, but the memorial thread that was made at that time nearly made me cry.

:confused: Who? TOF???

I was in the hospital, myself, when she passed away from lupus. Looking back, that could have been me. I was fighting my own life & death battle with a pressure sore that went to the bone. I was hospitalized for a month and on near total bedrest for 18 mos.

I cant imagine myself in the future, leaving AD but continue to check the website out. I am tooooooooooo opinioned to keep myself out of debates that I feel strongly about. :lol:

You and me both (which is why my ignore list keeps getting long and longer.) I absolutely refuse to let someone get the best of me.

:confused: Who? TOF???

Yes. Someone from back then made a thread memorializing her. It was very touching. The thread went on to be locked so that a newbie couldn't come on and update it. Opening old wounds and all that.

Maybe it might have been best if I had not mentioned it???

So, who are the big players here on AD now. :lol:

Maybe it might have been best if I had not mentioned it???

Nah because I wont dwell on it. Just wanted to know if it was someone I knew. You can PM me and I wont mention it here. I am racking my brains who it was because I dont remember anyone passing away except for that one HUGE HuGE fiacso.

I like ppl in 2003. We had so much fun in here unlike today. Most of them had moved to another site.

I like ppl in 2003. We had so much fun in here unlike today.

We have fun with each other. Maybe it is not your kind of fun, which is probably why you dont feel like it is much fun nowadays.

I like ppl in 2003. We had so much fun in here unlike today. Most of them had moved to another site.
There's our resident lurker. :wave:

Well, we still have fun in here - or at least I enjoy it here. Maybe it's because you got used to a certain AD 'feel' then it changed? I don't know. I will say this though, all forums go through change because people change. Their circumstances change so they are forced to post less often or they are forced to leave altogether. Many times, there are new members who are willing to come and fill that 'void'. It won't be the same but goal is the same - to fellowship and associate with like minded deaf and hoh individuals like ourselves with a willingness to openly discuss and debate issues that are relevant to the group as a whole. Due to this discussion friendships are formed. Some of these friendships have become so tight knit that they aren't considered friends, but they are now called family.

We have fun with each other. Maybe it is not your kind of fun, which is probably why you dont feel like it is much fun nowadays.

To be frank, I prefer the AD of today compared to the AD of 2003.

To be frank, I prefer the AD of today compared to the AD of 2003.

Since I wasnt a member in 2003, I have nothing to help me form an opinion so I will just have to take your and Eternity's word for it. It could be due to preference to the style of humor. :dunno:

Since I wasnt a member in 2003, I have nothing to help me form an opinion so I will just have to take your and Eternity's word for it. It could be due to preference to the style of humor. :dunno:

Well, I would say that there was a large number of members who were notorious for starting trouble and stalking people just to bully them around. I know for a fact that Alex had a falling out with a lot of these members back then and for a good reason. AllDeaf went through some rough times in the first few years but now it seems to be doing quite well which I'm glad to see.

Well, I would say that there was a large number of members who were notorious for starting trouble and stalking people just to bully them around. I know for a fact that Alex had a falling out with a lot of these members back then and for a good reason. AllDeaf went through some rough times in the first few years but now it seems to be doing quite well which I'm glad to see.

I remember that ugly event but that was like in 2007 or something like that. I guess that mean those same people were prominent in AD in 2003. If so, then I can understand where you are coming from. Wasnt sure if 2003 had differetn people than those in 2007.

Back