Original AD members

I joined in 2007...pretty new compared to some of the others, lol!

Alex, you didn't just create a public forum about deafness. You created a community. It's pretty amazing when you think of all of the friendships that have been woven through the years.

Yea...totally great!

I remember some of these characters. Ravensteve was one warped person. Heath, a cop wannabe. Katzie, a cool chick. Sabrina AKA Kalista was a funny chick.

I also remember Chase. He was a cool old dude. Too bad he left.

Glad I joined AD and got to meet some of you, and hope to meet more soon.

Thanks Alex :)

Oh yeah, I had forgotten all about Heath. I also remember how he got the ban lifted and within less than a week he got perma banned again.

I also remember Kalista.

I remember some of these characters. Ravensteve was one warped person. Heath, a cop wannabe. Katzie, a cool chick. Sabrina AKA Kalista was a funny chick.

I have been here since 2006. I do remembered Chase and he was really good. I like him. That is what puzzle me why he left AD. I was thinking that he might come back again, but no sign of him, yet. I miss him. :(

I do remembered some of characters that can get us boil or ignore. Remember Cloggy and we had a hard time trying to make him understand how important Deaf Culture and deafness means to us. I am glad he left. :roll:

I have been here since 2006 and I can't believe I have been here almost 5 years already. I have met one ADer in real life (FreakyCat) and I hope to get the chance to meet some more of you in real life.

So far I have not been in trouble with the mods and I would like to keep it that way. I enjoy being here. I wish there were more Razorbacks here on AllDeaf, but our state is rural and sporadic at best. Not everyone is into technology here.

Wirelessly posted

I miss Liebling:))). :(

She is one of older members, too. I remember Darkheart (?), MiliartyGurl, dreama, elwood, and others.

I have wondered what became of SxyPorkie. She was on AD for 2 years (2006 - 2008).

Wirelessly posted

If it wasnt for AD, I wouldnt have reunited with Miss Delectable after knowing her in real life. Banjo & Mrs Banjo are close to hubby and I as well. The Charlies' Chickies (Katzie, Liza and kuifje75 aka Kootchie) were and still are my close friends. If not for the CCFs, I would've gone through several life situations alone and it was rough. Hubby and I knew each other from this site and look at us now; married and expecting twins in less than a month! I've met a LOT of ADers IRL and this isnt a forum- a community to some a family. I've been around under many aliases and now we have Facebook- those people we add on to our FB confirms the family/community bond that AD has been. Namaste.

I have wondered what became of SxyPorkie. She was on AD for 2 years (2006 - 2008).

Me too. The last i heard she had the final stage of terminal cancer. I wonder what ever happened to her. I miss her.

lets hope this AD is running up as long as we are here. its nice meeting new more faces. :D

I've only been here since 2008, but it sure feels like I've been here longer. I miss dreama, hear again and a few others. My memory isn't the best, so I have a problem recalling all the names when I want.

I have been here maybe a while now, not as long as you guys but I do miss the people who used to post often.... although I don't post on a regular basis anymore, everyone's more than welcome to PM me to join me on fb or AIM to catch up etc.

Me too. The last i heard she had the final stage of terminal cancer. I wonder what ever happened to her. I miss her.

I seem to remember that some here on AD went looking for her. Some here know her real name but weren't able to find out anything. (Specifically, an obituary, etc.) So your guess is as good as mine as far as what happened to her. I wonder too, and am concerned for her.

Because of AD, I have a new friend who just moved to this area to hang out. Went out to dinner and BDPHH with him last Friday.

Also, the AD party in NYC was CHAMP! I will never forget that!

Heath was a religious biblethumper eventually learned of his jewish heritage. His mind was so severly warped! :roll:

Ahh, I registered under "Rayden Wins" in ADv1 on January 24th, 2003, when it was in phpBB format. Alex, I'm sure you remember Erica aka GeminiCat - she was the one who told me about AD back then.

This name of mine was changed in Nov 2003 after sticking to "Rayden Wins" that was registered on March 2nd, 2003 when Alex invited me to beta test the then-new "ADv2" when he switched to vBulletin. (I dunno what version it's on right now - prolly 6 or 7)

I'm sure many of the old-timers remember Jordan Greeney aka PSO (we call him POS - Piece of Shit - lmao) - ugh. One of the biggest deaf trolls ever.

Then there were the RITers, like Justin Sane, wickedeyed, Running Naked In The Snow, etc .... also Mike Hawk, Pat, X, jfanii, etc. Ahh memories.

Gosh... Mike Hawk and PSO...geez. Pat is doing well and I added him on FB. I still keep in touch with some of older AD members. :cool2:

X is still mysterious to us to today. X was funnier like hell.

I joined AllDeaf.com on March 12, 2003. I have been here for quite a while. AllDeaf.com has gone through a lot in the last decade and we've had a lot of members come and go.

I seem to remember that some here on AD went looking for her. Some here know her real name but weren't able to find out anything. (Specifically, an obituary, etc.) So your guess is as good as mine as far as what happened to her. I wonder too, and am concerned for her.

That was Rio, I, and Whitewolves about a little over a year or two. We decided we were going to make a visit to her at the last known residence she was at. After some looking into it and contacting, I discovered that she no longer lives there or in california (not sure about this), the landlord did not know where she went and she left some possessions there.

It may have been intentional that she left, somewhere along the grapevine I recall picking up a tip from someone that she (porkie) purposely may have desired to dissociate herself from alldeaf. Motivations, I have no idea - there was a lot of member related drama back in AD as some of you knew.

That was Rio, I, and Whitewolves about a little over a year or two. We decided we were going to make a visit to her at the last known residence she was at. After some looking into it and contacting, I discovered that she no longer lives there or in california (not sure about this), the landlord did not know where she went and she left some possessions there.

It may have been intentional that she left, somewhere along the grapevine I recall picking up a tip from someone that she (porkie) purposely may have desired to dissociate herself from alldeaf. Motivations, I have no idea - there was a lot of member related drama back in AD as some of you knew.

damn. she's good. she must have read this book

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/How-Disappear-Digital-Footprint-without/dp/1599219778/?ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284318913&sr=8-1&tag=gmgamzn-20]Amazon.com: How to Disappear: Erase Your Digital Footprint, Leave False Trails, and Vanish without a Trace (9781599219776): Frank M. Ahearn, Eileen C. Horan: Books[/ame]

Back