Original AD members

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think AllDeaf started in 2002 or 2003. Now, it is 2011...wondering who are still active members from 2003 all the way to now? If you are out there, give a holler and pls share your experiences. :D

im been AD (All Deaf) member since 2004 for seven years but i love that forums

The AllDeaf.com domain name was registered in January 2002, and the forum went public in April of the same year. Can't believe AllDeaf is going to be 10 years old next year!

How did I come up with the name? Well, my very first deaf-related website was DeafAve.com (now defunct), and it had categories such as Deaf Books, Deaf Models, Deaf Links, Deaf Forum, etc., (see what it looked like by clicking here) I thought "All Deaf" was perfect.

Thank you all for making AllDeaf what it is today. Special thanks to Kevin aka Kevbo for helping out when the site was new. AllDeaf.com wouldn't exist without you all. :thumb:

Did you remember those dramas related to deafilmedia,
Roadrunner, and few others. Those people makes me laugh. AllDeaf is better without them anyways.

Did you remember those dramas related to deafilmedia,
Roadrunner, and few others. Those people makes me laugh. AllDeaf is better without them anyways.

Who could forget her? :laugh2:I think she used to be Empress as well.

I've signed up here in 2004, so I guess that makes me an "old timer". It also probably makes me one of the few hearies to have stuck around.

She (Empress) was probably one of the biggest troll ever, but she was funny as hell. Kinda makes me wonder what she's up to these days.

She (Empress) was probably one of the biggest troll ever, but she was funny as hell. Kinda makes me wonder what she's up to these days.

She was one of the few trolls ever that provided entertaining threads that made you laugh.

Wirelessly posted

I joined in 2005 under the name oceanblue7. I recently, changed it after all these years due to name clashing with the other ocean user people got us confused.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Alex said:

Unban her and let's find out :lol: jk jk

Last edited:
I joined in 2003. At first I had a hard time blending in with them due to that old members know each other that was in 2002. I remember I do not see any people asking for ASL feedback or telling the expereince of upbringing as an oral life. I remember lots of us tend to put lot of smileys, gifs, sarcastic posts and hilarious links or our own ASL but till 2005 there were becoming more bitters of discussion about CI issue that's where i left AD. I did visit AD again over years while AD did not get along well with the other forum that I was mostly active with the other forum. Until The forum died then I returned to AD from time to time in 2007. I started being active with AD from 2008 now. To be honest, i am glad that AD is alive. I know my deaf world or certain deaf people pretty well but i am learning a lot from non aslers, oral or late deafened people that I did not realize that they have been struggling how to deal with their lives relying on speaking or listening thats where I want to stop the parents who thinks less of ASL. I could not believe what I am seeing that lots of them become bitter with their social skills. I have always thought they have no problem because they can speak well. Boy i am wrong about it. Kudo to Alex!! Heck, glad that kevbo is part of it and thanks to him too.

I think AllDeaf started in 2002 or 2003. Now, it is 2011...wondering who are still active members from 2003 all the way to now? If you are out there, give a holler and pls share your experiences. :D

:wave:

kevbo was the one who told me about AllDeaf when we saw each other at Six Flags for Deaf Awareness Day, NJ in June 2002. I registered on AD afterwards.

But I re-registered on AD in November 2003 after someone removed my original account - my username was K in May 2003.

I wish E returns to here but she is very busy in her life as of right now. Yes, we are back to being friends since February 2011 at her mother's funreal service.

Roadrunner, and few others. Those people makes me laugh.
12.lona.gif

Ahh, caraa, you are not a new here. Tsk tsk . Who are you as known as....?

True, that!

Empress also used to be TTT. I can't remember what else.

What about Miss Pinocchio? I think Empress had another account, Miss Pinocchio, right? Well, I believe her real name is Patrice, probably black and is originally from Mississippi. I remember her telling a story about herself as a student at Gallaudet University and she lost her virginity with Ridor in his dorm room? I don't know what to believe whether she talked bs or not because I just found out that Ridor has been gay for many years? Yes, I was so blind when it came to watch most of his youtube vlogs, I was clueless that he was gay at all until earlier this year one of his vlogs discussed about his sexual orientation and his life at Gally. :confused: No, I have never met Ridor but may will on this Thursday, Friday for AFA rally in DC. Who knows if he is going there?

2003 here..... I remember the drama and a lot of laughter as well. I miss the old days and the folks I knew here, but I know life must go on and that everything is good. I have a darker sense of humor now and am in a loving long term relationship with a hearing guy. We both are Buddhists although I am heavily influenced by humanism. We are into art and literature. We have a deaf dog and a crazy hearing dog. I just got into Google+ --- anybody want an invite?! :)

Back