Organic Food does NOT mean it is healthier!!

yeah, you're sure right about the tomatoes - actually, my experience is that the organic fruits and veggies do tend to have quite a taste difference-

The other problem with fruits and veggies labeled as organic is that the fields they were planted in may have pesticide residue from earlier farming that was not organic based. Second problem is that many organic farms buy their manure from industrial farms.

so, organic is loosely applied in such cases.

The other problem with fruits and veggies labeled as organic is that the fields they were planted in may have pesticide residue from earlier farming that was not organic based. Second problem is that many organic farms buy their manure from industrial farms.

In America they cannot use the Organic label until the ground has been pesticide free for three years.

I think they also have to compost manure before using it.
Manure Facts - Organic Trade Association

Whole Foods just got busted for selling regular produce as organic. Buyer beware.

Whole Foods just got busted for selling regular produce as organic. Buyer beware.

Doesn't surprise me at all. That company is full of scumbaggery. Just cashing in on the organic/natural marketing bandwagon.

yes, as far as I'm aware, that is true, Grayma

I've heard enough about Whole Foods that I've been wary about them-

This so much pollution in the air and on the ground it is really impossible to grown organic veggies any more. I would not be able to grow organic veggies at my condo as the lawn is treated with weed killer all the time.

Also buying actual organic locally grown products at the farmer's market can be problematic if it's plagued with sellers who buy out off season fruit at wholesale prices and resell at the farmer's market.

Back