Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cop wants to know where his mind's at.....:lol:

Studies don't proove anything. There was a study that came out recently that claimed it had bigfoot DNA. Anyone who's looked at the FBI data know that study is full of it.

I'm talking about REAL STUDIES not the ones that show up at the grocery store check out line.

Cant you see, it is the MIND that makes a thing a weapon. Its not intrinsic in the thing itself
Guns can obviously be used as a weapon to harm another, they are also used to protect others from harm. They are also used in sports and also admired for their value of objects that can be cinsidered works of beuty.

Any object. Can.be a weapon used to harm others. Any. It is the person that does it, not the actual object itself.
I train in and assist in instructing musu jekeden eishin ryu iaido. We of course use what you woumd term a katana. (Samurai sword). Indeed a formidible and.noble weapon. But we call it the life giving sword not the life taking one...due to its abaility to. Not only safe lives back when it was used as such but akso its abality to change them, the one who lesens to use it, learns through the art a better respect for how precious life is. Given how ewsy it is extinguish.
Your so stuck on guns as weapons..
They are neuteral objects....
It is the mind.that is he weapon.

What have you been smokin? Guns are weapons first and foremost, just as the sword, spear, battle axe, bow, crossbow and mace were and still are a weapon. You can call it whatever you want but in the end it doesn't change the fact that it is a weapon. It's primary use throughout history has been to kill. It's also a matter of semantics in how you define it, you are trying to justify that is use is good because the gun or sword you use is used to save lives, however, the person you use it against also had a similar feeling as to why they were using their weapon. The ends justify the means.

Seb, how do u fix this problem? http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/2...ize-treasure-trove-guns-from-house-warehouse/

How do gun control going to prevent these kind guys from selling stolen firearms?

Like what Hoichi trying to tell u, its human mind thats most powerful weapon, much more powerful than gun itself. How can u control one's mind?

So you are in favor of anyone being able to buy a gun even if they are crazy or have threatened someone. And you are perfectly alright with the shootings that take place at schools, churches, malls, movie theaters, etc. Or were you also on board putting an armed soldier in every classroom, church, mall, movie theater, etc. in the U.S. and basically turning the country into a police state just so you can have your beloved firearms? I think it would be easier to put some restrictions on who can and can't buy a firearm and would be a lot less expensive.

I've already given my answer to how you keep people from selling stolen firearms: hold the people who have their guns stolen financially responsible, since there are ways to protect them and make it very difficult to have them stolen. You also go after the people selling the guns and put them away for life as well as holding them responsible for the crimes committed using the guns they sold.

How you control someone's mind who is not playing with a full deck is you get them the mental health care they need and you keep them from buying a gun and going on a shooting spree.

I've already given my answer to how you keep people from selling stolen firearms: hold the people who have their guns stolen financially responsible, since there are ways to protect them and make it very difficult to have them stolen.

By this logic...

As an example... someone is legitimately carrying their weapon...they get mugged and the attacker also has a means of a weapon but manages to overpower the victim and steal their gun. Are you planning to hold the victim financially responsible when their stolen by force gun is used in a killing or robbery?

By this logic...

As an example... someone is legitimately carrying their weapon...they get mugged and the attacker also has a means of a weapon but manages to overpower the victim and steal their gun. Are you planning to hold the victim financially responsible when their stolen by force gun is used in a killing or robbery?

And maybe rape victims should be held accountable for any STD they pass on. Or what if someone steals your meds, over doses and dies?

So you are in favor of anyone being able to buy a gun even if they are crazy or have threatened someone. And you are perfectly alright with the shootings that take place at schools, churches, malls, movie theaters, etc. Or were you also on board putting an armed soldier in every classroom, church, mall, movie theater, etc. in the U.S. and basically turning the country into a police state just so you can have your beloved firearms? I think it would be easier to put some restrictions on who can and can't buy a firearm and would be a lot less expensive.

I've already given my answer to how you keep people from selling stolen firearms: hold the people who have their guns stolen financially responsible, since there are ways to protect them and make it very difficult to have them stolen. You also go after the people selling the guns and put them away for life as well as holding them responsible for the crimes committed using the guns they sold.

How you control someone's mind who is not playing with a full deck is you get them the mental health care they need and you keep them from buying a gun and going on a shooting spree.

Many firearms were stolen from anywhere in the world, how are usa going to chase down, say cartel stole firearms, smuggled into usa, sold in black market, how is it possible to put liablity on somebody else from mexico, south anerica, other countries?

U seems to fail to gasp the idea that the most powerful weapon is human mind!

No, I would like to hear it from you!
Censorship prohibits the publication or broadcasting of ideas that the government decides shouldn't be shared with the general public.

The most extreme example is the government of North Korea.

Other governments all over the world practice censorship at varying degrees.

There is active censorship such as burning books, shutting down radio stations, shutting down churches or blocking internet access.

There is also passive censorship such as ignoring certain news stories or downgrading the importance of news topics by printing them as small items on the back pages of the newspaper.

By this logic...

As with any law there would be exceptions. I am talking about the gun nut who refuses to lock their guns up when they aren't using them and also requiring that gun owners have to buy a real safe and not one of those tin can ones that gun shops and Home Depot sells that the burglars can get into in about 10 minutes.

Now getting back to your gun wielding attacker scenario, if the person has their gun taken from them then they haven't been practicing Johnny's operational awareness and probably should of not had a gun in the first place, since they were not able to keep control of it or stop the attack. So maybe they should be held liable for being carless and not in control of their firearm.

Censorship prohibits the publication or broadcasting of ideas that the government decides shouldn't be shared with the general public.

The most extreme example is the government of North Korea.

Other governments all over the world practice censorship at varying degrees.

There is active censorship such as burning books, shutting down radio stations, shutting down churches or blocking internet access.

There is also passive censorship such as ignoring certain news stories or downgrading the importance of news topics by printing them as small items on the back pages of the newspaper.

Oh and here I thought you were talking about the United States Government.
Just to let you know the US has a Bill of Rights and Freedom of Speech is the first one and we know you know what the second one is.

Oh and here I thought you were talking about the United States Government.
Just to let you know the US has a Bill of Rights and Freedom of Speech is the first one and we know you know what the second one is.
I didn't exclude the US.

Yes, I know about the First Amendment. I have a bachelor's degree in political science, and I spent almost 25 years as a professional journalist.

OK...

When someone gets stabbed... so do we blame the knives, pencil, pen, sword or any sharp objects? Human's act who uses things to inflict harm.

Bombs... who made them? Humans did and same or another human(s) detonates it.

So I understand the anti gun protest... strict gun control may not have much effect. There'll be smugglers, black market, private sellers that will get around the loophole. It will be impossible to screen every human beings for mental status or any reason. There is responsible gun owners and there is irresponsible gun owners... the responsibility falls on humans, not the guns itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back