Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I did not mean to like your post... Quite simply you add to your assumptions... It's sad really...

If you meant that, just go and click on it again.....

Parents CAN raise kids fine, and end up screwed at school, have this happened in the past? Sure, you can bet on it. Let me tell you this based on my experience... I was born and raised in loving family of 4. My parents were great, worked hard to make sure all 4 kids were raised. When I had issues with school, mind you I went to Deaf school while the other three siblings went to hearing school. I had to ask my parents trying to resolve issue at school, and my school oppressed my parents. Whose fault is it? My parent's? tsk, tsk tsk!

If your parents didn't get any action from the teachers or administration at your school they should of gone to the school board or better still the newspaper or the TV news station. I have dealt with many administrator who were very good at shutting you off until you go to the board and then they start paying attention. I was instrumental in getting the ball rolling to get the principal of my daughters high school relieved of her duties(she was let go) because I and others proceeded to build a case showing that she was incompetent and was incapable of doing the job she was hired to do. It took over a year to get it done, but I and others did it.

Typical attitude from teacher.

I don't care about your job description because it represent as me, me me me rather than treat as whole, often job description is pretty much generalize and don't include every responsibilities. Your teaching kids that it is OK to refuse responsibility even when it would contribute to society, and school shooting is the result of promoting "Not my job, not my responsibility" mentality, and attitudes... good job SEB!

Me as average American, I do NOT want government to take over any gun control, PERIOD! I do not want another tyrannies around messing my life as they see fit.

I read your statement to be pretty clear that you feel the schools are to blame for these people and the parents are largely blameless.

You just said "Pretty clear" showing you have some doubts already. You were fogged after all.

I read your statement to be pretty clear that you feel the schools are to blame for these people and the parents are largely blameless.

Repeat because my original post was the last one of the previous page......

Gun grabbing commies will never make inroads on this site! :lol:

Typical attitude from teacher.

I don't care about your job description because it represent as me, me me me rather than treat as whole, often job description is pretty much generalize and don't include every responsibilities. Your teaching kids that it is OK to refuse responsibility even when it would contribute to society, and school shooting is the result of promoting "Not my job, not my responsibility" mentality, and attitudes... good job SEB!

Me as average American, I do NOT want government to take over any gun control, PERIOD! I do not want another tyrannies around messing my life as they see fit.

As I said, you obviously want the schools to accept the responsibility for your shortcomings as a parent. Right from wrong, treating others as you would want to be treated, not touching what isn't yours, respecting human life, that is the job for the parents to teach their children and should start at a very early age and as I said if they haven't learned these lessons by the time they get into school, it's too late! Teachers can enforce it, but they can't teach it to someone who never had the basic principles laid out to them in their formative years.

Probably the real problem here is that it takes two incomes to survive in most of the US today and parents have relied on preschools to basically raise their children and to a certain extent they have failed to teach basic life skills to these children. Years ago the mothers basically stayed home and taught their children these valuable lessons, unfortunately, they now have to work.

If you meant that, just go and click on it again.....

I do... My phone seems to have strong disagreements with me... I can click it until the cows come home and nothing changes.... I went to the website and tried it as well... :(

WRONG! SMH!!!

You shows it is 100% parent's responsiblity... Your DEAD wrong!

Both Parents and school SHARES same responsibilities period! That is where you fail to understand

Problems began at where society placed parents as 100% responsibility and school has 0% responsibility, that is what I am saying. You proved me all along in this thread that you do not want to play role in responsibility on raising kids and teach them how to handle society AT LARGE, while parents has their responsibility at smaller scale.

All right I will correct it to you were clear!

WRONG! SMH!!!

Both Parents and school SHARES same responsibilities period! That is where you fail to understand

I can see we will never agree on this one, but just answer this, at what age does a child start going to a regular school and at what age should a child start learning the difference between right and wrong?

I can see we will never agree on this one, but just answer this, at what age does a child start going to a regular school and at what age should a child start learning the difference between right and wrong?

Of course, it is parent's job telling them different between right and wrong, when it comes to large number gathering where often parent's not present, the child gets lost because the connection with parents has been temporarily disconnected and kids may not aware how to deal with strangers and diversity in society which leads them unable to learn how to deal with them if school staff refuse to do a thing about it.

Now you see how school need to be part of raising children... Remember "Part" it does not necessarily means its school's 100% responsibility, like I said in other post, BOTH shares responsibilities. Today's children is seeing half assed disciplines nowadays, that is what the problem is. Sad!

I'm sure the shooter knew socially accepted right and wrong. This was not a matter of what was known by the shooter. They obviously where mentaly unstable so the question is why was this not picked up on. Who has better resorces and training? Who has staff dedicated to the mental welfare of children and young adults? Who has the emotional distance for proper prespective?

WRONG! SMH!!!

Problems began at where society placed parents as 100% responsibility and school has 0% responsibility, that is what I am saying. You proved me all along in this thread that you do not want to play role in responsibility on raising kids and teach them how to handle society AT LARGE, while parents has their responsibility at smaller scale.

Parents job is to raise their children to be responsible law abiding adults, schools job is to educate their children. Kindergarten will reinforce life skills children should have learned in their first five years of life, but if their is no framework to work with, the teacher is going to be swimming up stream to try and teach a child how to be a responsible member of society.

No, you have it backwards, the problem began when parents started to put the responsibility and blame on raising their children in the hands of schools.
I have taken time during class to talk to students that have given a particular child a hard time or made fun of them because they were different, but I have to wait until that particular student is absent to get my point across, most of the time I was and have been successful. You can't do it on an individual basis because the parents will have you on the carpet and say your singling their child out.

I'm sure the shooter knew socially accepted right and wrong. This was not a matter of what was known by the shooter. They obviously where mentaly unstable so the question is why was this not picked up on. Who has better resorces and training? Who has staff dedicated to the mental welfare of children and young adults? Who has the emotional distance for proper prespective?

See below.

Sorry, but the OR shooters mother knew he was dealing with "some mental issues" (as did Adam Lanza's and James Holmes family and friends) but said nothing and let him have access to firearms when she knew he was a loose cannon. Also he was 26 years old and no longer in school. Unfortunately, this same scenario goes on time and time again with these shooters: the family comes out and says they were dealing or had some mental problems and don't do anything to get them the help they need and also allow them to have access to firearms. Someone has to stand up and say this person needs help and it is usually the family members who realize that these people have a problem and don't do anything about it!

Sorry, but the OR shooters mother knew he was dealing with "some mental issues" (as did Adam Lanza's and James Holmes family and friends) but said nothing and let him have access to firearms when she knew he was a loose cannon. Also he was 26 years old and no longer in school. Unfortunately, this same scenario goes on time and time again with these shooters: the family comes out and says they were dealing or had some mental problems and don't do anything to get them the help they need and also allow them to have access to firearms. Someone has to stand up and say this person needs help and it is usually the family members who realize that these people have a problem and don't do anything about it!

You missunderstand me. I totally agree that the families knew what what going on but did nothing. Thats my point. They don't know how, dont have the tools or can't face what their children have become. It usually comes out that there where warning signs overlooked by schools and authorities who DO have the tools to do something.

I really dislike assumptions... more often then not they are wrong.
Yes, surprisingly enough I got the safe at a store... No, it was not a bank vault, it was a standard gun safe. I will not shell out tens of thousands of dollars for something else that any determined criminal wants to get into can.
The downfall of being friends with cons and studying security... You learn it is all worthless...
Good on you for being able to get into one in five minutes... I can think of some that would laugh at your time and trouble...

All you need is a toddler:

Toddlers open safe

It is silly how easy a safe is to bypass... There is not really a way to 100% secure anything... Instead of keeping guns away, I believe in proper gun safety and handling from a young age... A child is just too curious...
We don't have any children in the house (our grandsons are in college). I just want to keep our guns out of the hands of criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back