Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't change a thing. The gun is still a deadly weapon being shot by a person. The person pulls the trigger, the bullet does the killing.

guns-kill-people-american-dad-meme.jpg

I've heard of several people being killed by their own gun. The ones I remember reading about kept their gun in a kitchen drawer, they closed the drawer and the gun went off and killed the owner of the gun. Another recent one was the woman with the bra holster and when she went to reposition the weapon it went off and shot her dead in the head. There are others but I won't go into it.

I've heard of several people being killed by their own gun. The ones I remember reading about kept their gun in a kitchen drawer, they closed the drawer and the gun went off and killed the owner of the gun. Another recent one was the woman with the bra holster and when she went to reposition the weapon it went off and shot her dead in the head. There are others but I won't go into it.
It was still the action by the person that caused the shot. The person closed the drawer. The woman repositioned the weapon.

It was still the action by the person that caused the shot. The person closed the drawer. The woman repositioned the weapon.

Also it was loaded by someone, It didn't just load itself and wait for movement.

Guns are dangerous if missused. So are cars and drugs and a million other things. I, as many people, am fond of saying there is no such thing as an accidental discharge only negligent discharges. Guns don't just go off. Someone screws up. If someone puts a loose gun in a drawer they are being negligent.

The mind is the. Most dangerous weapon of all.
Lets ban that too,
Just to be safe......

Last edited:
Guns are dangerous if missused. So are cars and drugs and a million other things. I, as many people, am fond of saying there is no such thing as an accidental discharge only negligent discharges. Guns don't just go off. Someone screws up. If someone puts a loose gun in a drawer they are being negligent.

But cars don't move at 2500 feet per second. Once again it goes back to people who shouldn't own firearms. However, Darwin gets some of these "rocket scientist" and thankfully takes them out of the gene pool.

The mind is the.dangerous weapon of all.
Lets ban that too,
Just to be safe......

Who has ever talked about BANNING ANYTHING! We Just need to find a way to keep the guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't own them. If your okay with crazy people owning guns just post your address and I'm sure some of them can find their way to your doorstep. Personally I would like to think that we can come up with a way of keeping them from being allowed to own a gun. And for those that I'm sure will say that they will just buy one off the black market, we also need to make those people who own a gun and won't properly lock it up when they aren't using it and it gets stolen financially responsible for that gun, make the fine high enough and maybe the purchaser will think twice about buying an properly made safe to store their guns in.

Last edited:
Also it was loaded by someone, It didn't just load itself and wait for movement.

Maybe these shootings can be chalked up to Darwinism. Edited because I offended poster #453 by saying We'll.

But cars don't move at 2500 feet per second. Once again it goes back to people who shouldn't own firearms. However, Darwin gets some of these "rocket scientist" and thankfully takes them out of the gene pool.
Cars don't need to. They can take out more victims at one time.

Like what happened in OK today. One car runs down people at a parade--at least three dead and 22 injured.

No, these are the actions of people who should not own a weapon. Thank
God they killed themselves and not anyone else. Kinda like the little girl who shot the instructor in the head and killed him at the gun range while she was shooting an Uzi; whomever allowed someone that age to shoot an automatic weapon needs to have their head examined. Primarily the instructor was an idiot to even let her shoot it and he paid the ultimate price for his stupidity! The bottom line is some people should not be allowed to own guns!

Like what happened in OK today. One car runs down people at a parade--at least three dead and 22 injured.

One point I would like to add if I may.

Cars don't up and start themselves and drive. It is still controlled or was controlled by a person just like a gun is controlled by person prior to shooting.

God they killed themselves and not anyone else. Kinda like the little girl who shot the instructor in the head and killed him at the gun range while she was shooting an Uzi; whomever allowed someone that age to shoot an automatic weapon needs to have their head examined. Primarily the instructor was an idiot to even let her shoot it and he paid the ultimate price for his stupidity! The bottom line is some people should not be allowed to own guns!

I would agree with that, sad part is those type of people will not follow the laws so having gun control won't work cause those type of people will get guns regardless of laws and will actively seek guns on black markets and etc in disregards to laws.

Also, are you saying you never make mistakes? if so, lets get you running for president of USA, or better yet, the world!

I don't know about that one: the movie theater shooting in Colorado killed or wounded 82 people. The Norway Summer camp massacre of 2011, took 69 lives and wounded another 110 people.

Yes, and the car was driven by a drunk 25 year old woman who shouldn't have been behind the wheel and probably won't be allowed to drive again once she gets out of prison.

The little girl didn't own the gun that she shot. A pre-sale psychiatric background check wouldn't have stopped that shooting.

The instructor and parents showed very poor judgment.

One point I would like to add if I may.

Cars don't up and start themselves and drive. It is still controlled or was controlled by a person just like a gun is controlled by person prior to shooting.
Correct. Bad wording on my part. Just trying to compare the amount of damage done.

I don't know about that one: the movie theater shooting in Colorado killed or wounded 82 people. The Norway Summer camp massacre of 2011, took 69 lives and wounded another 110 people.
Not in the same amount of time.

There have been plenty of other vehicle events where there were more casualties in a shorter time.

Yes, and the car was driven by a drunk 25 year old woman who shouldn't have been behind the wheel and probably won't be allowed to drive again once she gets out of prison.
Just like crazed gunmen--they get put away in prison, after the fact. This woman will be punished after the fact. Nothing prevented her from driving that way.

The little girl didn't own the gun that she shot. A pre-sale psychiatric background check wouldn't have stopped that shooting.

The instructor and parents showed very poor judgment.

When did I say she owned the weapon? It wasn't just poor judgement, but plain stupidity IMO! My point is and has always been that these are the type of people the vast majority of people in the US are dealing with when anyone brings up anything regarding keeping guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't shoot or be allowed to own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back