Oralists gone wild...............

Celebrating seems kind of cruel. The school had a 45 year history and according to the comments, the people who sent their children to the school loved the school. I find it unseemly that someone would celebrate the demise of a school that others loved just because they disagree with their methods. I feel sorry for those poor kids that loved their school and their teachers now being forced to move.

Celebrating seems kind of cruel. The school had a 45 year history and according to the comments, the people who sent their children to the school loved the school. I find it unseemly that someone would celebrate the demise of a school that others loved just because they disagree with their methods. I feel sorry for those poor kids that loved their school and their teachers now being forced to move.
What do you expect? Want us to always feel the same way as you do? Do you know what an individual means?

I don't see the part where kids "loved" this school....

What do you expect? Want us to always feel the same way as you do? Do you know what an individual means?

Yes, there are anti-oralists will cheer that oral school is closing and I have zero faith in oral language.

Yes, I agreed, there are plenty of kids don't love the school and I was forced to had an intensive speech therapy for 10 years with no success.

Exactly..........it's usually the parents who loved the school. For the kids its like being in an intense speech therapy session.

Yes, there are anti-oralists will cheer that oral school is closing and I have zero faith in oral language.

Yes, I agreed, there are plenty of kids don't love the school and I was forced to had an intensive speech therapy for 10 years with no success.
You went to the therapy for 10 years and it didn't work out. What a waste of time! Why didn't you speak out when you found it useless? Anyway, the past is the past so look forward and be yourself. Cheers!

As for me, a long time ago my deaf school required us to wear a headphone in each classroom during elementary times and talk orally if possible because of the strict supt. WTF? We spoke out and we didn't have to wear it and talk orally anymore afterwards.

Exactly..........it's usually the parents who loved the school. For the kids its like being in an intense speech therapy session.

Again, I think it is pretty sad to cheer for the demise of others. Good people who care about deaf children lost their jobs. Deaf kids will likely be separated from their friends. Parents of deaf children may have to uproot their family to be close to another good school.

Good people were hurt here. That is sad.

Personally, I hope they find out who mismanaged the funds and hold those people accountable.

You went to the therapy for 10 years and it didn't work out. What a waste of time! Why didn't you speak out when you found it useless? Anyway, the past is the past so look forward and be yourself. Cheers!

As for me, a long time ago my deaf school required us to wear a headphone in each classroom during elementary times and talk orally if possible because of the strict supt. WTF? We spoke out and we didn't have to wear it and talk orally anymore afterwards.

Yes, my parent forced me to use oral language and they had very high expectation that I will become a hearing person. I still have some traumatic from nasty abuses because of poor speech skills.

Yes, the school required me to wear FM system at elementary school but my most cruel, first grade misused my FM system because I didn't hear very well, so she turned to high volume - VERY LOUD and just blow very hard. I got very bad headache and complained to teacher, so they took FM system off and put hearing aids on it, BUT... I can't hear so well anymore. :mad:

Again, I think it is pretty sad to cheer for the demise of others. Good people who care about deaf children lost their jobs. Deaf kids will likely be separated from their friends. Parents of deaf children may have to uproot their family to be close to another good school.

Good people were hurt here. That is sad.

Personally, I hope they find out who mismanaged the funds and hold those people accountable.

*shrug*

I feel sorry for these "good people" because their talents were being wasted in a failed program. now they'll be able to finally pursue their dreams and most likely find a better job at better schools that better serve deaf people. I haven't seen any good thing about this school nor any fruitful result it has produced. seems like it's a waste of time and money to keep this school running.

I find your stance in this issue particularly strange because you didn't share this same concern for other deaf schools being shut down :hmm:

lol wtf?

I stopped wearing FM system because I complained and spoke out that it didn't work and it gave me a headache.

*shrug*

now they'll be able to finally pursue their dreams and most likely find a better job at better schools that better serve deaf people. I haven't seen any good thing about this school nor any fruitful result it has produced. seems like it's a waste of time and money to keep this school running.

Hopefully the kids will be able to move on without suffering. The comments I have seen on the school are pretty good. The only negatives I have seen are from people who hate their methods.

Hopefully the kids will be able to move on without suffering.
*shrug* they must be relieved and now they can go back to their normal life.

The comments I have seen on the school are pretty good. The only negatives I have seen are from people who hate their methods.

bottom line - it's a failed program with failed results.

*shrug*

I find your stance in this issue particularly strange because you didn't share this same concern for other deaf schools being shut down :hmm:

My problem with the other school was the $60m renovation price tag.

*shrug* they must be relieved and now they can go back to their normal life.

There is no evidence that they didn't enjoy the life they were living.

bottom line - it's a failed program with failed results.

The schools finances failed. Not the program.

lol wtf?

I stopped wearing FM system because I complained and spoke out that it didn't work and it gave me a headache.

You are lucky because teacher didn't misuse the FM, but if they did, so you will be profoundly deaf like me, due to destruction of hair cells and damage to middle/inner ear.

I'd rather hear what all of the students there said, not their parents.

I'd rather hear what all of the students there said, not their parents.

I'm scared that may not work because they are brainwashed and victimized from crazy school. :(

Back