Open Dissussion for CI's? (School Report)

DJYumene

Reaction score
Is there a open discussion for CI's on this forum already (if there is please direct me to a link, I could not find it)?

Topic: I really want to see others opinion of CI's (I have books, but the ones I have are dated back in 2002; there was nothing current). Debates against CI's, and ones for CI's?

I am doing a paper about them for my ASL 1 class (we had to choose a topic about deafness/deaf community and research about it).

I hope this is alright to be posting here.

Thank you :)

Happy to be of service!
2pspqpx.gif

You know, a good thing might be to emphasize that opposition to CIs is pretty much dying. You could also say that some people are a wee bit skeptical about them in cases where benifit is kind of ambigious, but are OK with them if the person receives very little benifit from hearing aids.

You could also say that some people are a wee bit skeptical about them in cases where benifit is kind of ambigious, but are OK with them if the person receives very little benifit from hearing aids.

There is no such thing as an "ambiguous case." People are either CI candidates or they are not.

You know, a good thing might be to emphasize that opposition to CIs is pretty much dying. You could also say that some people are a wee bit skeptical about them in cases where benifit is kind of ambigious, but are OK with them if the person receives very little benifit from hearing aids.

Ive never been opposed to CIs except for the hype surrounding CIs. Feel free to check my blog, DD and others there's alot of useful information and opinions. I will say that many people considering CIs could be getting alot more benefit from HAs if they would get the right HAs and find the right audiologist who's an expert and knows how to program them. I have been in this situation myself.

Is there a open discussion for CI's on this forum already (if there is please direct me to a link, I could not find it)?

Topic: I really want to see others opinion of CI's (I have books, but the ones I have are dated back in 2002; there was nothing current). Debates against CI's, and ones for CI's?

I am doing a paper about them for my ASL 1 class (we had to choose a topic about deafness/deaf community and research about it).

I hope this is alright to be posting here.

You can get the information(and opinions) in my blog here: A deaf dude's life

Back