Online Hearing Tests?

DJYumene

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried online hearing tests? I was curious and I started looking around and found this website at Your Online Hearing Test and Audiogram Printout | Unbiased & Free (I don't know if anyone has tried this one here).

I did one without my hearing aids in and seemed pretty interesting. I know doing these online isn't official or anything and I was thinking about it because I am planning to go back to my audi to get mine re-adjusted.

So not sure if I posted this in the right place but I was curious to see if anyone else has tried these. :D

Last edited:
Audiologist's testing benches are measured to a certain standard decibels. Unless you have a decibel meter and a lot of expertise there's no way this is going to be accurate.

Audiologist's testing benches are measured to a certain standard decibels. Unless you have a decibel meter and a lot of expertise there's no way this is going to be accurate.

Very true, I was no way expecting it to be perfect, it was just more of something of curiosity. :hmm:

I got a friend to try one online about a month ago after she asked me what going to an audiologist was like. She had never been before and was a bit nervous. I told her that it helps you understand what the audiologist uses to help determine if you have hearing loss. She scored worse than me than me on the online hearing test and she has normal hearing.

That goes to show how accurate those are. It's fun to play games with on people with...I'm so very nice. :lol:

Edit: Played with it with headphones on and without my HAs and apparently I have a severe loss on my right ear according to this. That is not possible considering my loss, so people definitely will need to make sure they go and get accurate readings. These things are a joke but fun to use on people who think they are "accurate." I'm going to go find another friend to be by victim with this one... :P

Last edited:
I got a friend to try one online about a month ago after she asked me what going to an audiologist was like. She had never been before and was a bit nervous. I told her that it helps you understand what the audiologist uses to help determine if you have hearing loss. She scored worse than me than me on the online hearing test and she has normal hearing.

That goes to show how accurate those are. It's fun to play games with on people with...I'm so very nice. :lol:

:laugh2: Yeah, those tests are nowhere near accurate..... Someone got bored and was like, let's make this online hearing test! Isn't that how most things online get started? :D

I found this a few months ago so had a go and couldn't hear anything without my hearing aids in and had a severe loss with my hearing aids in which I know isn't correct.

I just had a go, with headphones, without hearing aids... and with hearing aids. Apparently severe loss it is! And that's not true for me. Yay for the Audiologists who know what they're doing and not some online thing! :P

Back