Online Dating

all my relationships - thru friends. I'm old school. I'm wary when it comes to dating a girl with no known associations.

why I use this strategy? better than dealing with psycho girl later in the relationship :lol:

:laugh2: it's like the opposite for me. Curiously, the "crazy"/pyschos are the ones I meet in person (randomly) first.

:laugh2: it's like the opposite for me. Curiously, the "crazy"/pyschos are the ones I meet in person (randomly) first.

not opposite. it's still same thing. you met them with no known association (either in person or online).

So if there is a knows association and she turns out to be crazy do you blame the friend LOL

Ehh yeah that's why I usually don't get that far with people of my friends, sometimes it doesn't end amicably and gets a bit uncomfortable to hang with your friends if she's there.

So if there is a knows association and she turns out to be crazy do you blame the friend LOL

lol then that friend isn't your friend at all (assuming your friend knew about her dark side) :lol:

Ehh yeah that's why I usually don't get that far with people of my friends, sometimes it doesn't end amicably and gets a bit uncomfortable to hang with your friends if she's there.

that is indeed a drawback

thats exactly what I was thinking :laugh2:

Ahhh see now here is a good point two of you have touched on what if you meet someone and they live thousands of miles away, one woman here met the love of her life online and he lived on the other side of the ocean. Well then what?

Buy flight ticket?

This is completely off topic but have you heard of the hypothetical storm that is suppose to hit your state. It is rated to be something close to the day after tomorrow type of storm, if you have ever seen that. And how does one predict a hypothetical storm exactly?

This is completely off topic but have you heard of the hypothetical storm that is suppose to hit your state. It is rated to be something close to the day after tomorrow type of storm, if you have ever seen that. And how does one predict a hypothetical storm exactly?

Predicting the chances of a storm like that is like trying to predict when the next "big" earthquake is going to be. Historical record says it's overdue. The same sort of principles are implied in this "super" storm. It's not something I'll lose sleep over. I mean I'm not going to go hey state legislator build leeves that are designed to withstand a storm that dumps 90 consecutive days of rain instead of our present standard of 7 (idk??!!). And its just rain with a lot of water, not freezing temps or hurricanes.

They are risks society deals with. I choose not to live near a flood prone plain or levee or live near a major earthquake fault because I don't like those risks.

Predicting the chances of a storm like that is like trying to predict when the next "big" earthquake is going to be. Historical record says it's overdue. The same sort of principles are implied in this "super" storm. It's not something I'll lose sleep over. I mean I'm not going to go hey state legislator build leeves that are designed to withstand a storm that dumps 90 consecutive days of rain instead of our present standard of 7 (idk??!!). And its just rain with a lot of water, not freezing temps or hurricanes.

They are risks society deals with. I choose not to live near a flood prone plain or levee or live near a major earthquake fault because I don't like those risks.

Now why did you have to kill my fantasy I am thinking you will be the heroin of someone and have to combat freezing temperatures while escaping the grasp of wolves that have no place of being there and fall in love with a girl over a book in front of the fire in the library :laugh2:

I know I am silly sorry but I thought it made for a funny story

you could but that could be a lot of money and really uncomfortable if you walk out of the terminal to something less than what you were expecting

I would recommend to have VP first so you can see who you are talking to and see how things go before buy tickets to visit your love ones.

Congrats with your finding true love.

May I ask you what kind of online dating did you use? I tried Deafsinglesconnection but so far it sucks :(

Yes, I did use DSC and that is how I met her. Yes sometime DSC sucks, but just have to keep on trying.

Secondly, from reading the rest of the discussion here, Some people said it's best to talk on VP first. It does help but it not all going to work out. Meeting someone in person are very important too. Of course you get to go out with him/her for a drink or coffee or such. I met one woman and it was like "OMG"...she was wearing very heavy perfume, it's so strong that it made me almost passed out. So I honestly explain to her if she would mind to cut down on perfume and she flatly refused. She said she love that smell. I was like....in back of my head "controlling person?" or "she seem doesn't care about other person wishes?" and so on.
So, having VP is good but you won't get sense of smell, taste, touch, you know? There are other time when I met a woman and she invited me into her place, and she need to take her dog out. I quickly glance around her room and I happen to saw her desk filled with letters and some are from banks with big red stamps saying "Final Notice" and such. That give me an "red flag" that she was having a financial difficulty.
You know, there are some people who will not tell me everything. Also, what I hate the most is that she was trying to make "equal" with me like if I say "I read books a lot" and she will say, "Oh me too!". Then later she was having difficulty reading a letter and she not sure what it saying. Then she asked me if I understand what it was saying. So I asked myself in my head, "Does she really read books?" So, there's lot of "catch 22" involved. Anytime I see something like that, I would call the garbage disposal service to dump her.

The woman I married, she truely honest with everything, from A to Z, all the IM, E-mails, webcam conversation matched everything like she was in person. She's out open herself up of who she is. If she started very honest in the very beginning, then thing will go smoothly. No white lie, no hidden info about her. It's perfect.

This is what I mean that you have to be careful and watch her surrounding. Don't let her attractiveness blind sided you. Just pay attention to her mind and learn more about her. Soon you will find a perfect mindmate.

I met a guy in upstate New York through the online website. We chatted and hit it off. Did that for a month. However, he wanted to meet in person and I was working 2 jobs and a single mom at the time so I couldnt find the time to meet him. He started bugging me about it and I kept telling him that I would have the time over the summer (at the time it was like in March or Feb). Then, he started becoming verbally mean whenever we chatted and obsessed with what I was doing. After a week of that madness, I blocked him forever. I was soooo glad that I didnt meet up with him. He was a pycho that's for sure!

The others that I have met online or in person were fine. We just didnt click romantically.

I met a guy in upstate New York through the online website. We chatted and hit it off. Did that for a month. However, he wanted to meet in person and I was working 2 jobs and a single mom at the time so I couldnt find the time to meet him. He started bugging me about it and I kept telling him that I would have the time over the summer (at the time it was like in March or Feb). Then, he started becoming verbally mean whenever we chatted and obsessed with what I was doing. After a week of that madness, I blocked him forever. I was soooo glad that I didnt meet up with him. He was a pycho that's for sure!

The others that I have met online or in person were fine. We just didnt click romantically.

Yeah, I been there and done that. Whenever I say.."I'm sorry, I think we are not a match" and she suddendly started a violent outburst on e-mails. I was like...wwwooooaaah. I mean we only met for like under a week!

Yeah, I been there and done that. Whenever I say.."I'm sorry, I think we are not a match" and she suddendly started a violent outburst on e-mails. I was like...wwwooooaaah. I mean we only met for like under a week!

Yea, he called me nasty names like bitch, whore, and that I deserved to be whipped. It was frightening.

Yea, he called me nasty names like bitch, whore, and that I deserved to be whipped. It was frightening.

Oh I don't blame you at all!! It just that he doesn't get it..but I'm glad you waited longer to get to know him.

Back