Online courses with cc ?

justcurious

Reaction score
I read somewhere that I can take online courses that are closed captioned but which online courses that are closed captioned?

Authentic, I am very fluent in ASL. I want to explore online courses that offers closed captioning. Nothing to do with deafness. Thanks Ri Sol!

Also, could you mention what exactly you want to learn?
There are also Cybrary, Codeschool, Codeacademy, FrontEndMasters, Khan Academy, Udemy and many many many others.
Not all courses captioned. But all of them are working on it.

It depends on the course, check demo videos and descriptions on particular course.

Code Academy and free code camp both don't use videos so that's a plus. I know that Udacity and Udemy both have closed captioned videos. Kind of limited but it's expanding. Haven't been to Coursera or Lynda.com in a while so don't know. Those last two have courses that aren't computer related. Future Learning is another but I can't remember if they have captioned videos or not.

It will always say in the description (or they SHOULD BE) if there are either captions or a transcript. Plus it cannot hurt to send them a feedback and ask for captions. I think that's how Udemy (or one of them) started.. I kept asking about captions lol.

Plus it cannot hurt to send them a feedback and ask for captions. I think that's how Udemy (or one of them) started.. I kept asking about captions lol.
I kept asking all of them too. That is the first thing I do.
I didn't like Udemy though(not so responsive on captions requests, and using a lot of auto-captions).
Lynda.com is a nice source, also it is free if your local library partners with Lynda.

My favorites - Coursera, Udacity, and Cybrary(this one has some captioned courses).

I kept asking all of them too. That is the first thing I do.
I didn't like Udemy though(not so responsive on captions requests, and using a lot of auto-captions).
Lynda.com is a nice source, also it is free if your local library partners with Lynda.

My favorites - Coursera, Udacity, and Cybrary(this one has some captioned courses).

Yep true on Lynda and the libraries. Mine does but I've discovered my card is expired. Didn't even know it (unless I missed an email somewhere- it gets buried in all the job board emails I get...). Cyberary I'll have to check out- thanks for that suggestion!

Cyberary I'll have to check out- thanks for that suggestion!
Cybrary is a lot more on Cybersecurity, Networks, Cloud and Virtualization technologies, Datacenters, Malware, Penetration testing and hacking etc.
I switched from SQAE to IT Engineering.

Cybrary is a lot more on Cybersecurity, Networks, Cloud and Virtualization technologies, Datacenters, Malware, Penetration testing and hacking etc.
I switched from SQAE to IT Engineering.

Hmm may look into Cyber Security or Penetration testing. I'm a QA tester- manual mostly and mainframe (may have mentioned that)... would love to get into programming but I'd still be happy with testing- automated or manual.

Back