One happy person with my adjustments today :)

NaidaUP

Reaction score
Went to see an Audi that is experienced in fitting hearing aids to people that are hard to fit ie unusual audiograms or very deaf people.

He played around with sound recover, MPO setting and gain setting and oh my word, I'm hearing really well!

Everything seems less noisy and I'm even hearing my dog 'purring', my dog like's to make noises when my dog is eating and is yummy! And I can hear birds out my right but not my left :)

Very happy person! Altho I only have the Naida IIIs, they work extremely well for me now :)

Only thing I might change is one small thing in my left side and the noise block settings :)

Have you made your audi turn soundrecover off ? I am interested in playing soundrecover settings too , will see if that makes any difference.

Your persistence in seeking satisfaction awes me, Naida. And has motivated me to get a higher level of satisfaction and comfort with my hearing loss.

Have you made your audi turn soundrecover off ? I am interested in playing soundrecover settings too , will see if that makes any difference.

He turned down sound recover to one before weak on my right and turned off my left. Works wonders.

I find sounds are not merged together anymore and my Naidas are not that noisy.

I was hearing better after SR was changed and even before everything else was done.

:D

Your persistence in seeking satisfaction awes me, Naida. And has motivated me to get a higher level of satisfaction and comfort with my hearing loss.

People should always try to do that, these things have a huge mark-up, you're entitled to get the best out of them :)

Went to see an Audi that is experienced in fitting hearing aids to people that are hard to fit ie unusual audiograms or very deaf people.

He played around with sound recover, MPO setting and gain setting and oh my word, I'm hearing really well!

Everything seems less noisy and I'm even hearing my dog 'purring', my dog like's to make noises when my dog is eating and is yummy! And I can hear birds out my right but not my left :)

Very happy person! Altho I only have the Naida IIIs, they work extremely well for me now :)

Only thing I might change is one small thing in my left side and the noise block settings :)

Hi! I took what you did with Sound Recovery on my Phonaks and ran with it. I had the audi shut off sound recover on both sides. It worked out to be a big help. I watched what an adjustment to it was first on her computer screen. With sound recover on it is taking sound from the high frequency and putting it over to the low frequency- something like that. Anyway it worked good to turn it off it was too much extra sound for me. I have the Naida III's as well and am happy with them.

I also have mine set separately without the sync in together action which I thought was cool at first but did not like in real world action.

We got into more adjustments on the regular auto setting until she said whoa and said something like I am way into what your loss is here and the adjusting is a problem because you cannot hear... smiles..

Made sense to me so when she took each aid and separately adjusted it with her hearing matched first to the factory setting based on my hearing loss tests then with the idea of what I was after with more sound in the range of human speech more high frequency sound and volume. It worked out pretty good. She has been doing this stuff for 30 some years so I do have trust. Still it is up to us as individuals to get the direction of things heading our way.
Thank you NaidaUP :wave: !!

Last edited:
Hi! I took what you did with Sound Recovery on my Phonaks and ran with it. I had the audi shut off sound recover on both sides. It worked out to be a big help. I watched what an adjustment to it was first on her computer screen. With sound recover on it is taking sound from the high frequency and putting it over to the low frequency- something like that. Anyway it worked good to turn it off it was too much extra sound for me. I have the Naida III's as well and am happy with them.

I also have mine set separately without the sync in together action which I thought was cool at first but did not like in real world action.

We got into more adjustments on the regular auto setting until she said whoa and said something like I am way into what your loss is here and the adjusting is a problem because you cannot hear... smiles..

Made sense to me so when she took each aid and separately adjusted it with her hearing matched first to the factory setting based on my hearing loss tests then with the idea of what I was after with more sound in the range of human speech more high frequency sound and volume. It worked out pretty good. She has been doing this stuff for 30 some years so I do have trust. Still it is up to us as individuals to get the direction of things heading our way.
Thank you NaidaUP :wave: !!

Glad it's worked out well. :)

I'm gonna go back and ask for my right to have my left settings...my left is slightly worse but it seems that my left is set perfectly regarding, loud, speech and soft sounds. My right isn't quite perfect, I've realised.

I accidently wore my left HA in my right ear all day 2 days ago. When I'm having lazy days I only wear my better (right) ear and that's how I found out. I wasn't awake when I connected my ear mold to it, lol

I had my audiologist turn the soundrecover off on my music program and tried it. I'm not impressed with soundrecover off. No any improvement . Of course there is a slight quality change but it doesn't affect my speech perception. So I have decided to continue with soundrecover on.

The interesting point is that I have a cookie bite loss and I get benefit from soundrecover whereas the opposite should have happened.

I had my audiologist turn the soundrecover off on my music program and tried it. I'm not impressed with soundrecover off. No any improvement . Of course there is a slight quality change but it doesn't affect my speech perception. So I have decided to continue with soundrecover on.

The interesting point is that I have a cookie bite loss and I get benefit from soundrecover whereas the opposite should have happened.

Everyone will be different on how they handle SR. Personally for me with a flat loss, it was just compressing things too much so all the sounds merged together and was just noisy.

I could understand with SR on but now I dont have it, I realised how unclear SR was for me.

I know you also have more hearing then me which may mean why you like SR more.

Did you just try a simple on, at the level you had and off? If you did, you could always play around with it, make it stronger or weaker. May help?!

Just re read your post, normally music program is where people have SR turned off anyway.

I would try it on your soundflow program and try it for a few days. Music program is set up very differently to your soundflow program anyway.

Could be. Music program has soundrecover on by default. So I tried it.
For me, soundflow and music programs are almost alike in the sense of human speech. I don't see any difference between soundflow and music programs while listening to speech in quiet environments. Of course, music listening is way different and I use music or telecoil for listening to music.

Could be. Music program has soundrecover on by default. So I tried it.
For me, soundflow and music programs are almost alike in the sense of human speech. I don't see any difference between soundflow and music programs while listening to speech in quiet environments. Of course, music listening is way different and I use music or telecoil for listening to music.

SR is on, on default anyway on all program's. the Audi has to turn it off, or make it stronger or weaker.

I personally can count on one hand, how many times I've listened to music in my life.

So I guess soundrecover is not for everyone. I and you made different choices after experiences. I currently use telecoil and love it for computer sound .

Back