Once upon a time...

Tousi

Reaction score
Home delivery of milk was very prevalent in America a long time ago.

I was just reading the current issue of my magazine, Country Living and was surprised/amused/pleased to see that Royal Crest Dairy of Denver, CO is still providing this service to this day! :shock:

Attn all Coloradans....is PFH the only member from there? This dairy serves like 60 or so cities and towns in CO, including Boulder. The milk is fresh and at your door within 48 hours outta da cow! They also offer cheese and eggs. They have 150 drivers to do this everyday. Bottles are also reused just as in yesteryear.

Nice, huh? I have a very dim memory of milk being delivered to our door when I was 3-4 yrs old....before we moved to the farm.

That would be nice to just get your milk and cheese delivered.

Home delivery of milk was very prevalent in America a long time ago.

I was just reading the current issue of my magazine, Country Living and was surprised/amused/pleased to see that Royal Crest Dairy of Denver, CO is still providing this service to this day! :shock:

Attn all Coloradans....is PFH the only member from there? This dairy serves like 60 or so cities and towns in CO, including Boulder. The milk is fresh and at your door within 48 hours outta da cow! They also offer cheese and eggs. They have 150 drivers to do this everyday. Bottles are also reused just as in yesteryear.

Nice, huh? I have a very dim memory of milk being delivered to our door when I was 3-4 yrs old....before we moved to the farm.

There are a few members on AD from Colorado. I know of Royal Crest. I see them all the times, and a few of my friends still get their milk delivered. The stuff they have is awesome. :)

There are a few members on AD from Colorado. I know of Royal Crest. I see them all the times, and a few of my friends still get their milk delivered. The stuff they have is awesome. :)

That's cool, PFH. For me it was a welcome bit of nostalgia for today!

Btw, see Adamsmomma's thread made today....something there for you, too. Title...dunno, something about checking/looking for schools

We used to get Potato chips delivered..... They came in a big can.

I remember the milk man coming to my grandmas house. I think he laundered sheets too because alot of times he would bring the milk and then he and grandma would go back to her bedroom. I was little though and usually zoned out on cartoons.

We used to get Potato chips delivered..... They came in a big can.

I remember the milk man coming to my grandmas house. I think he laundered sheets too because alot of times he would bring the milk and then he and grandma would go back to her bedroom. I was little though and usually zoned out on cartoons.
:lol: yer Gram!

I remember those potato chips in a can (not the delivery service); seems like it was a 3-4 gallon can...this was in Minnesota so the brand name which is still going strong is Old Dutch potato chips.

Cool, I see the cans were reusable just as the ole' milk bottles were. Thanks for the trip....

Yeah worked the same way actually. Put out the empty can and a new can would show up.

Back