On the behalf of the Deaf Community,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bucket

Reaction score
Please apologize to Dr Carl Schroeder for your disparaging comments, Faire Jour.

You have not provided substantiated evidence to support your accusations against Dr Schroeder.

Dr Schroeder has been made aware of your accusations via screenshots.

You are better off saving face by apologising to Dr Carl Schroeder by apologising to him if you claim to love the Deaf Community and share the love for ASL for your daughter, MissKat.

You disparage a community leader, you disparage our community thus you disparage your daughter's community support.

A mother's love... hmm!

Excuse me for Off Topic. The only thing I don't understand is why is FJ so obsessed with CI and wanting her daughter to hear and listen the words like picking up words? All she ever talk about was listening like her daughter can listen and she insist it. With mild hearing loss, CI (Hard of Hearing) can pick up the words on the phone or making conversation without ASL. Beside many CI had to rely on lipreading or speechreading if they were not allowed to sign ASL. To me, it is very harsh for the deafs who have to go through the CI and learn how to speak and listen like that. FJ just want to change and make hearing parents put CI on very young children especially babies. That is fine that FJ want ASL with her daughter, but still look on hoping for her daughter to listen to the words. :ugh: That is what Dr. Schroeder had been trying to explain about our Deaf Culture and telling us why hearing parents want deaf children to be like them. It was a struggle for many, many, and many years. FJ is not the only one. Cloggy and some of the other Audist ADers believed that we can change from deaf to hearing. Where is our rights to use ASL? We are very comfortable using ASL. Nothing wrong with it. Why do some of the hearing people love ASL and used it on hearing babies, but not on deaf babies? It is not fair. Sorry for the rant. :(

I am trying to make my English become clear for you to understand. :roll:

I thought FJ has stated over and over again that her daughter is learning ASL.

I think she is defending herself saying that her daughter is using ASL, but somehow she keep talking about her daughter to listen. That is only my quess. The way she is talking about CI and the way she is focusing on more on her daughter to listen. :hmm:

Most hearing parents want babies to have the best possible is to add "hearing" with technology things. Just let them be, and let's hope they are willing to learn ASL. So let's see how it goes when babies with technologies get older and see what they rely on, if they rely on techologies to survive in the world. That's fine, some of them WILL rely on ASL to survive in the world because techologies are not always perfect.

for example, my son plays xbox or wii, sometimes the xbox or wii gets act up then i have to fix it until it gets working again, sometimes it went bad. it will applies to everyone with ci users as technologies thingys. so we need to focus on using ASL to carry through the life for many many many years. ASL is not a technologies, ASL is a nature nurture to us, and ASL is NO a flaw at all. technologies are very hard to keep working but will have flaws in some people. Audism people forgets about others who happen to have FLAW ci then what should these kids with flaw ci user?? ASL is the answer.

I think it is high time that hearing people and some deaf people stop putting down the Deaf community. If they have a disagreement with a person from the Deaf community, deal with THAT person, not the whole Deaf community.

I have been seeing some members here on AD criticize or put down the Deaf community. How are all of us responsible for their bad experiences with a few people from the Deaf community? :roll:

She has. She states Miss Kat was a ASL user prior to implantation, but now Miss Kat is implanted, she is focusing on spoken language but also keeping ASL in everyday life. Sounds like FJ didnt really read what the topic was before replyin

I think it is high time that hearing people and some deaf people stop putting down the Deaf community. If they have a disagreement with a person from the Deaf community, deal with THAT person, not the whole Deaf community.

I have been seeing some members here on AD criticize or put down the Deaf community. How are all of us responsible for their bad experiences with a few people from the Deaf community? :roll:

:gpost:

Ok, it is done; FJ has apologized. Let us embrace her in the continuing effort to illuminate the grandeur of deaf culture which she hasn't yet quite absorbed on other than on a superficial level.

Last edited:
No offense Mrs B but does this thread really have a purpose. She did apologize and explained she had a mix up.

I actually do apologize. I had him mixed up with someone else. I confused his blog with RML. I was completly in the wrong.

I never said he voiced. What an odd thing to assume....

Anyway, again, I do apologize. It was completly my mistake and I take full responsibility. I was wrong, and I fully admit that.

No offense Mrs B but does this thread really have a purpose. She did apologize and explained she had a mix up.

RD, Mrs. B posted this about 24 hours before FJ responded and apologized elsewhere. So maybe after Mrs. B sees that, she will consider this thread closed.

Whoops...my post was posted in the wrong thread. It was intended for another thread. Oh well.

Hi everyone,

I've been at my sister's place helping her with her twin preemies. The nieces are something, tiny but feisty fighters!

Faire_Jour, a misunderstanding is understood. :hug:

I am PMing the moderators to close this thread.

Mod note:

Per creator requested, this thread is closed. :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back