OMG, about time!

WildHunt

Reaction score
FINALLY am gonna get my new hearing aids! Haven't worn them for 4 years!

However...

they are having me coming in tomorrow for a "fitting".. wtf does that mean? does that mean I'd get to go home with the hearing aids or..?

However...

they are having me coming in tomorrow for a "fitting".. wtf does that mean? does that mean I'd get to go home with the hearing aids or..?

i think they meant by having you to "test" them to see if they work for you/are suitable for you? :hmm:

Ok if so, does that mean I get to go home with them tomorrow or would I have to wait a little bit longer?

However...

"fitting" mean making ear molds...for hearing aids...

Ok if so, does that mean I get to go home with them tomorrow or would I have to wait a little bit longer?

:dunno:

it depends on your audiologist.. some do let their clients have a trial period/loaner with their new H.A's to see if they like them...

my bf is doing that now.. for a month to see if he likes them before he purchases them...

If it's digital hearing aids, they probably have to fit the tube and set up the programming.

Do you already have ear molds?

However...

Best wishes - hope it goes well for you and the adjustment to sound again isn't too shocking. How come you had to wait 4 years for them?

Best wishes - hope it goes well for you and the adjustment to sound again isn't too shocking. How come you had to wait 4 years for them?

nah it wont be too shocking, I've had to listen to my children's shrieks the last 3 years... :giggle:

4 years ago, I accidentally melted my only working hearing aid... the other one wasn't working for a few years before then. The other one got melted during a flight to Chicago, a small bottle of liquid band-aid popped open due to pressure and spread on everything inside of the luggage. It was able to melt the plastic and destroy the wirings and all that inside of the hearing aid. After that happened, I didn't bother looking into getting a new one until late last year when I realized that yeah I'd like to have my hearing aids back. The main reason was for my children... I'd want to be able to hear my kids crying for my attention or something going on rather than having them come up to me in tears and me having no idea what the hell happened.

Sure, I understand and can relate as a mother myself. I can remember one time my daughter was in the shower and I went away to get a towel or something from the laundry and I heard her screaming. I came running back and found that she had looked up at the water falling down and of course she hurt her eyes. She was fine after a few minutes but she then said to me "thank you for coming so quickly". Until then, it never occurred to me that although everything was fine, that my child might find security in how I responded to her.

Hope it goes well. If it's something you can afford, it might be worth checking out if you can take out insurance on your new hearing aids? We all have accidents with them - one time I put mine through the washing machine by mistake. It worked okay afterwards though but I was lucky!

I already got fit for ear molds a couple months ago..
If you already have ear molds, then I'm guessing that this fitting is where they give you your new hearing aids and then set them up for you.

They might ask you to come back a week later or so to check up and see how things are for you. I'm doing the same thing next week with my new digital hearing aid. :)

nah it wont be too shocking, I've had to listen to my children's shrieks the last 3 years... :giggle:

4 years ago, I accidentally melted my only working hearing aid... the other one wasn't working for a few years before then. The other one got melted during a flight to Chicago, a small bottle of liquid band-aid popped open due to pressure and spread on everything inside of the luggage. It was able to melt the plastic and destroy the wirings and all that inside of the hearing aid. After that happened, I didn't bother looking into getting a new one until late last year when I realized that yeah I'd like to have my hearing aids back. The main reason was for my children... I'd want to be able to hear my kids crying for my attention or something going on rather than having them come up to me in tears and me having no idea what the hell happened.
Liquid band aid melted the plastic? That's new to me... I better watch out for that product! :eek:

well this is what it looks like.. the melted hearing aid I mean.

I know it doesnt look that BAD, but it was just enough that nothing worked anymore. :ugh3:

Click on the pixs for a more close-up look

Attachments

• Pict0041.JPG
    Pict0041.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Pict0042.JPG
    Pict0042.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Pict0043.JPG
    Pict0043.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Pict0044.JPG
    Pict0044.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 12
Wow, I thought I was tough on hearing aids! but geez things happen. I am more of the drown the hearing aid in water and get too clever with the screwdriver type.

Wildhunt good luck with the new HAs. If you are interested in some insurance coverage there is a company called ESCO that provides it. The coverage costs about $220/ Hearing aid. You will have some coverage at first and your audi should let you know about it when you get the HAs.

Wow, I thought I was tough on hearing aids! but geez things happen. I am more of the drown the hearing aid in water and get too clever with the screwdriver type.

Wildhunt good luck with the new HAs. If you are interested in some insurance coverage there is a company called ESCO that provides it. The coverage costs about $220/ Hearing aid. You will have some coverage at first and your audi should let you know about it when you get the HAs.

yeah the exact same hearing aids I just posted were drowned in water once.. I went swimming.. whoops.. but they went on to work for several years after that. *shrugs*

here's link for that
Welcome to ESCO

well this is what it looks like.. the melted hearing aid I mean.

I know it doesnt look that BAD, but it was just enough that nothing worked anymore. :ugh3:

Click on the pixs for a more close-up look
Damn... that's bad! I can't believe a liquid bandaid could do that! Shit!

Back