Older Women, Younger Men

Gemma

Reaction score
What gives?

Seems like since I turned 4-0 (oops I gave my age away!), I get so many younger men hitting on me. Men around my age basically stopped and ignore me now. Recently a 27 year old man asked me for a date and I immediately responded with a "You are too young for me." I seem to be saying that lately. Why do I have an issue with dating younger men?

I am curious to see what other women/men here have to say. Often I hear younger men saying that they want a mature woman because of less drama, less games, and that older women know what they want compared to women to their ages.

Yet I see older men chasing younger women - does it means men my age start regressing? Dont they want a mature woman who doesnt dig games, etc?

Should I just throw away all caution and date a 27 year old man (only if he is mature and respectful) or be aware that such relationships would never work due to age gap? Am I doing age discrimination?

Is being a cougar all about what it is made out to be? Seems so many are wanting me to be their "cougar". Isnt that same thing as an old perverted creepy man hitting on a young woman?

Discuss away - am curious to know what you guys have to say/think/feel about this topic in general!

My father was six years younger than my stepmother, and they stayed happy in marriage for thirty years, until he died.

So sometimes it works.

I am curious to this subject as well.

The conception I have about them is that they usually treat their significant other like an elder sister, which can be a good relationship for some.

Other things I've heard/seen, might be cultural influence:
1. People of the same age find themselves in constant argument, due to one not respecting the other.
2. Younger wives (of up to 5-7 years max) tend to listen to their husbands more.

Yes, I would say - it can't hurt to date. If you're really feeling uncomfortable about it you can always call it off later.

Also, in regards to the way older men after young women. I think it has various factors that are involved with this..
Things like, playing hard to catch, youthful beauty/aesthetics, may be the driving factor for some older men.
This in return of course, often leads to things like the women getting you know -- against their consent.

Last edited:
Gemma, I would say it wouldn't hurt to date him. After all, it's just a date, not a marriage proposal. :lol:

Or maybe you look young than your age as it fool someone. Yoink!

Like what Reba suggest, Why not...

My son's Godmother's 1st husband is 20 years older than her. They divorced after 9 years married and married again to 10 years youngest man. They are happily married for over 15 years now.

My co-worker's 6 years older than her 2nd husband.

Accord them and some of my friends who also involved with youngest men and said that they make them feel young and more attactive... good self-estreem... :-o :naughty:

Should I just throw away all caution and date a 27 year old man (only if he is mature and respectful) or be aware that such relationships would never work due to age gap? Am I doing age discrimination?

I happen to think that throwing away all chances based on age is discriminatory. It reminds me of colleges that don't even consider applicants with an SAT score below a certain threshold--but just like some people are better test takers than others, two people of the same age aren't necessarily at the same place emotionally.

My father was 27 when my mother was 40. They have made it 30 years so far. I think that age is a factor to a certain extent, but not a significant one. (Obviously children are off limits but I don't think it hurts to date someone in their twenties.) My girlfriend is also a few years older than me. It's nice to date someone who is more or less at the same place in their life as me, in terms of their experiences and insights. Unfortunately, dating an older women doesn't always guarantee less drama. (Just think of typical role Diane Keaton plays in most of her movies.) But if I were to meet a wonderful woman who was much older than me, I definitely wouldn't let her age get in the way.

If I were you, I'd keep my options open.

Oh yes, I forget to add my post...

The ages is only number. :)

Heheh i have noticed that lots of younger guys are going after older gals lately!! :D
I think that is great. He found you so beautiful, Interesting fun and awesome! YAY
I would say, just go out with him and see how it goes. Just think of this date as a good times first. Let's worry about the age issue later or ((( in bed? later))) ;)

I often am told by younger guys that they feel comfortable with older gals with rich experiences in life such as older gals know how to have good times with less dramas and possible excellent in bed. I mean older gals would have been honest with guys how they feel or show around in bed, know what i mean????

One thing is that I MUST say to ANY older GALS that don't don't don't do that "aww let me help you, and pay you $$ you can pay me back " to YOUNG GUYS. NEVER!! That is NOT how it works for dating.

What gives?

Seems like since I turned 4-0 (oops I gave my age away!), I get so many younger men hitting on me. Men around my age basically stopped and ignore me now. Recently a 27 year old man asked me for a date and I immediately responded with a "You are too young for me." I seem to be saying that lately. Why do I have an issue with dating younger men?

I am curious to see what other women/men here have to say. Often I hear younger men saying that they want a mature woman because of less drama, less games, and that older women know what they want compared to women to their ages.

Yet I see older men chasing younger women - does it means men my age start regressing? Dont they want a mature woman who doesnt dig games, etc?

Is being a cougar all about what it is made out to be? Seems so many are wanting me to be their "cougar". Isnt that same thing as an old perverted creepy man hitting on a young woman?

Discuss away - am curious to know what you guys have to say/think/feel about this topic in general!

Hey, an advice for you.

Stop saying that and start saying "As long as you offer the course." With a smile and eyes craving for the kinky mood.

YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT

You can do it!! No regrets if you don't like him after first date, HECK, you can even up and walk away from dinner if he's a prick.

Gemma, you must a hot looking youngun ;) I agree with Reba

I'm involved with an older woman, but yeah, just like you mentioned on your post - I am growing tired of the club scene and drama, especially with having to constantly make sure she's within line with her flirting. But I found someone who is very young at heart and actually has a head on her shoulders! Age is really a number, it just depends on how you take care of yourself. I love it, as I'm not ready to settle yet, we still amaze others complimenting us as "one fine couple"!

Oh well... I love my wife because she (19 years old) is younger than me (20 years old)... We have alot of difficult in married but as not much! I guess it's important to following your heart and mind. Most of my families that they re Men dates youngers women and they are gladly in relationship. I do not know why did i always dates with youngers, Lolz!!

In Russia it's common to come across 16- or 17-year-old brides. Luckily they have started accepting two (or sometimes three) marriages in a lifetime.

I <3 younger guys. They are sexier and more fun. I guess it's fine because I'm not looking for a long term relationship. If I was, I might be more concerned.

For some people, Age is not a factor at all but for some, age is definitely a factor.

I say, If you're able to look past the age gap issue - It wouldn't hurt to see what this young man has to offer for you, Gemma.

However, on the other hand - I can relate with you on the "You're too young for me" part. It may be the way you were raised or it is in your comfort zone to be dating men around your age.

From what I've seen with older men; Midlife Crisis is a factor that comes into this for them to dig younger women.

I agree with Reba -- just go for it. :fingersx:

My fiancee is a few years young than me. :giggle: It's harmless since the age is just a number unless, if one significant other is more mature enough to treat you well. ;)

Back