Old-fashioned is a bad thing?

katz4life

Reaction score
Being old-fashioned is a bad thing and in a negative way??

Even having an old fashioned philosophy and morals and stuff is a bad thing?

Not sure what does old-fashioned mean anymore...:ugh:

By definition it means outdated, it was never a good thing.

So....having a ton of aged novel books no good? Um, riiiight. :roll:

:aw: Honestly in imo, not all old-fashion is a bad thing. to me its good thing to learn from. I love reading old-fashion novels and books even they are outdated. Interesting to read old aged novels and books. Now days, they are hard to find.

Edited: Hardly not a lot of ppl now days don't know what is old fashion anymore. again its imo. :hmm::dunno2:

always a good thing.... such as chivalry :)

it's ok to be both modern and old fashioned like what I do.

old fashioned is class, and distinction, embrace it. Old fashioned attitudes is NOT a bad thing, it more or less depends on WHAT this, but not what 'was' i mean like how well do you understand and how well do you consider yourself and how well do you conduct yourself with/to others.

Be a Steampunk! ;)

exotic, art deco, actually do this don't swear, dress sharply, talk about 'nearly forgotten things like chess, game of charades, talk like you've lived for 200 years, people will respect you, consider you as something of an immortal!

Never discount what YOU like, its not what others thinks of you is important it's what YOU know that is important.

always a good thing.... such as chivalry :)

it's ok to be both modern and old fashioned like what I do.

Being chivalrous may be old-fashioned but it is also courteous, and that I am. It is not a simple case of either or.

Outdated seems to be used more as meaning no longer useful or relevant but old fashioned is used more with antiques and classic items that still hold value. At least thats the way they are used in my area.

Outdated seems to be used more as meaning no longer useful or relevant but old fashioned is used more with antiques and classic items that still hold value. At least thats the way they are used in my area.

Here they mean much the same, a retirement village is using adverts saying they have taken the old out of __-fashioned.

I guess the "problem" re "old fashioned' is what iexactly meant? Clothes fashion? A regression to the "steamboat era"? Is the multiple discussion on say" "purpose of one's life" "old fashioned"
Another disucssion in Sociology-"enduring values"?

Nope. Having a turbo in car engine has been around for much, much longer than many of you have been alive for. Yet, a lot of people still like turbo after all those year.

Therefore, being old fashioned is not a bad thing. It is cool!!

That is not true at all! Most of the stuff made today is not made to last half a long things my parents had. I had a vacuum cleaner that my mom had for more then 20 years and I was able to get about 10 more years of uses out of it. Then I had to buy a new vacuum cleaner and it only last about 3 years ! Houses where build better too , the brick house I had was build in the 1800's and it looks better than my brick condo that was build in 1970.

old fashioned is class, and distinction, embrace it. Old fashioned attitudes is NOT a bad thing, it more or less depends on WHAT this, but not what 'was' i mean like how well do you understand and how well do you consider yourself and how well do you conduct yourself with/to others.

Be a Steampunk! ;)

exotic, art deco, actually do this don't swear, dress sharply, talk about 'nearly forgotten things like chess, game of charades, talk like you've lived for 200 years, people will respect you, consider you as something of an immortal!

Never discount what YOU like, its not what others thinks of you is important it's what YOU know that is important.

that sum it up and philosphy never changes it just gets added to depending on thinking and whats occuring for each generation..:lol:

Well, I think old fashioned has more to do with ideals and norms like........a woman's place in the home, every woman should get married and have babies, don't live "in sin", no sex before marriage, tattoos and piercing are gauche......you know all those things that older people look down on younger generations for.

Back