Old-fashioned is a bad thing?

always a good thing.... such as chivalry :)

it's ok to be both modern and old fashioned like what I do.

I think chivalry is pretty much dead today. I can remember when men would take their hats of when a lady got on the elevator , the last time I was trying to get on an elevator the guy already on it said to me " can't you walk!" I did not have my cane with me but if the jerk had watch the way I walk he would realize I had poor balance .

So....having a ton of aged novel books no good? Um, riiiight. :roll:

I still my book 'Of Mice and Men' I read as a teenager. I took it with me when I moved to Cali. and with me when I moved back East . It's a well travel book!

Is it old fashioned that I still address strangers as 'sir', 'ma'am' or 'miss'? When I have to talk to them very first time such as if they've dropped something in the supermarket or they're blocking a doorway and I need to get past.

I don't care, I think it's courteous.

Is it old fashioned that I still address strangers as 'sir', 'ma'am' or 'miss'? When I have to talk to them very first time such as if they've dropped something in the supermarket or they're blocking a doorway and I need to get past.

I don't care, I think it's courteous.

I would say no, having manners and being polite isn't old fashioned.

Being old-fashioned is a bad thing and in a negative way??

Even having an old fashioned philosophy and morals and stuff is a bad thing?

Not sure what does old-fashioned mean anymore...:ugh:
Some things are mislabeled "old-fashioned" when they really are classic or long-enduring.

I think of old-fashioned referring more to trends and styles, not things of substance such and morals and character.

Sometimes people use old-fashioned in a dismissive way to label things that they personally look down upon.

Well, I think old fashioned has more to do with ideals and norms like........a woman's place in the home, every woman should get married and have babies, don't live "in sin", no sex before marriage, tattoos and piercing are gauche......you know all those things that older people look down on younger generations for.

female emacipation that what you mean,unfortunatly second generation feminst going backwards

Well, I think old fashioned has more to do with ideals and norms like........a woman's place in the home, every woman should get married and have babies, don't live "in sin", no sex before marriage, tattoos and piercing are gauche......you know all those things that older people look down on younger generations for.

female emacipation that what you mean, sadly second generation feminist going backwards

always a good thing.... such as chivalry :)

it's ok to be both modern and old fashioned like what I do.

That's great to know. :cool2:

Let me tell you one thing. I believe it happened probably two times as far as I can remember within the past less than two years. At one time, when some one started having a conversation with me at some special event. She asked me do I have kids. I simply replied, no I am not married yet. She went like, "so? You are so old fashioned. Look at other ladies there are plenty of mothers that never got married. This is 21st century and blah blah. That is so old fashioned thing." I was thinking to myself, whoa, what was she telling me like that...did she expect me to open my legs and deliberately getting pregnant by an accident...that could lead me end up being out of wedlock single mother. I wanted to tell her "f*** you, c**t b**** that was so uncalled for calling me old fashioned.

:aw: Honestly in imo, not all old-fashion is a bad thing. to me its good thing to learn from. I love reading old-fashion novels and books even they are outdated. Interesting to read old aged novels and books. Now days, they are hard to find.

Edited: Hardly not a lot of ppl now days don't know what is old fashion anymore. again its imo. :hmm::dunno2:

Old aged books can be found at rare, used books, almost new book shop in various locations all over the country. They cost much less compared with Barnes Nobles. Bargains. I bought 70 books in a good condition under 150 dollars worth.

That's great to know. :cool2:

Let me tell you one thing. I believe it happened probably two times as far as I can remember within the past less than two years. At one time, when some one started having a conversation with me at some special event. She asked me do I have kids. I simply replied, no I am not married yet. She went like, "so? You are so old fashioned. Look at other ladies there are plenty of mothers that never got married. This is 21st century and blah blah. That is so old fashioned thing." I was thinking to myself, whoa, what was she telling me like that...did she expect me to open my legs and deliberately getting pregnant by an accident...that could lead me end up being out of wedlock single mother. I wanted to tell her "f*** you, c**t b**** that was so uncalled for calling me old fashioned.

It's same thing when they mock stay-at-home and traditional moms... =/

I just notice how common young preteen kids have sex and it's kinda sad that they pick on virgins because it is the "need" to get laid off. Otherwise they're not true man or woman to be grown up.

It's same thing when they mock stay-at-home and traditional moms... =/

I just notice how common young preteen kids have sex and it's kinda sad that they pick on virgins because it is the "need" to get laid off. Otherwise they're not true man or woman to be grown up.

Do stay-at-home mom earns money from being stay at home? I have no idea how to receive $$$ if I were staying at home as a mom. Jeez. Both of my older sister and mother are working moms since all of my siblings and I were born. I do not know anyone who is stay-at-mom who are not rich and do travel a lot. I just don't.

Do stay-at-home mom earns money from being stay at home? I have no idea how to receive $$$ if I were staying at home as a mom. Jeez. Both of my older sister and mother are working moms since all of my siblings and I were born. I do not know anyone who is stay-at-mom who are not rich and do travel a lot. I just don't.

No, I meant, most stay-at-home moms tend to have their husbands. That's how it works, anyway. But, I try to say that the society think being stay-at-home mom is "weak".

Here's a bit help:
21st Century Housewife by ~pieladyUSA on deviantART

it's because they have good business practices

During the roaring '20s, Great Depression 30s and pre-WW2 and post WW2, there were number of females in my family that got married without kids. Who says every female has to have a kid after marriage? F@ck the man-made society.

No, I meant, most stay-at-home moms tend to have their husbands. That's how it works, anyway. But, I try to say that the society think being stay-at-home mom is "weak".

Here's a bit help:
21st Century Housewife by ~pieladyUSA on deviantART

Yes, I know the one of the only ways they stay-at-mom get money is from their husband. But I do not get it is that when they depend on husband's hard working moola to buy necessary things such as food, baby diapers and bills. But do they tend husband's pig bank to go out and have good times, drinks, and luxury travels? Husbands would face up with debts...being broke. *scratching my head*

Yes, I know the one of the only ways they stay-at-mom get money is from their husband. But I do not get it is that when they depend on husband's hard working moola to buy necessary things such as food, baby diapers and bills. But do they tend husband's pig bank to go out and have good times, drinks, and luxury travels? Husbands would face up with debts...being broke. *scratching my head*

that's why it leads to ugly divorce.

that's why it leads to ugly divorce.

That's why the marriage rates decrease these days now. More single mothers depend on welfare such as WIC and what else. Child support does not happen to fall on every single mother, unfortunately.

Ouch. Sounds not so good. I only learned from actual moms-- that she just do her small business-- make candles, blankets, etc-- to help her husband and her children. But, I don't recall they aren't good at budget. Most of them are being responsible. But, I suppose that depends on who's who, I guess...

Ouch. Sounds not so good. I only learned from actual moms-- that she just do her small business-- make candles, blankets, etc-- to help her husband and her children. But, I don't recall they aren't good at budget. Most of them are being responsible. But, I suppose that depends on who's who, I guess...

My elder sister whose is married and has three teenage boys. She has been working ever since her boys were born...but that does not mean she did/do travel that much. She's been trapped having no travel vacation since she had her firstborn. Frustrated bitchy and depressed in these years. Not my problem. My mother does not want to babysit anymore....yeah there are two more youngest grandsons whose their mother asked my mother to babysit them at home....my mom DOES NOT WANT TO!!! It's her rights....she cannot accept being taken advantage of. Too f**kin' bad on that stupid Nazi lover.

many women working for Yahoo are stay-at-home moms...... until recently since Yahoo has a new CEO.

Back